Samsung Galaxy S6 Preview Thread (was "Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge pre-order page up.")

twospirits

From plugging it in a couple times now I do not like the feel of the micro USB.  It has to be plugged in at just the right angle for me.  Had already been looking into a wireless charging pad and will get one now for sure.  I hate to drop $60 on the Samsung version.  Anyone have any luck with aftermarket varieties?

From plugging it in a couple times now I do not like the feel of the micro USB. It has to be plugged in at just the right angle for me. Had already been looking into a wireless charging pad and will get one now for sure. I hate to drop $60 on the Samsung version. Anyone have any luck with aftermarket varieties?

Choetech stadium Qi 3 coil wireless charger pad. I've bought 5 of them. They work great, large sweet spot, grippy surface. About 25 bucks on Amazon -> http://goo.gl/AwrQGf

• Like 1

So far my edge rf performance sux compared to my Nexus 6. I'm holding a strong b26 signal with the nexus 6 and the edge drops it and goes back to 3g.

This really blows.  Any further observations?  

Folks, if you have a Samsung Galaxy S6 in hand, posting about it is not "preview" discussion -- it is "user" discussion.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6909-samsung-galaxy-s6-user-thread/

AJ

• Like 1

I'm still waiting on Best Buy to release the 128 gig S6 for pre-order. It kinda sucks it looks like I'm going to miss the wireless charger promo.

The sprint website is now saying 2 to 5 business days on the 64gb gold, not sure if I should believe that or not though.

The sprint website is now saying 2 to 5 business days on the 64gb gold, not sure if I should believe that or not though.

I called & talked to the warehouse order support team and he said the 64GB Gold Platinum has not arrived at the warehouse from Samsung, with no emails or comments about arrival date. ????

Sent from my SPH-L720

• Like 1

I called & talked to the warehouse order support team and he said the 64GB Gold Platinum has not arrived at the warehouse from Samsung, with no emails or comments about arrival date.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Yeah, that's what I figured.

I wish Sprint was more transparent & forthcoming with the backorder status. On the Verizon site, their 64GB Edge Gold is stated to ship out on 5/1/15.

Sent from my SPH-L720

I wish Sprint was more transparent & forthcoming with the backorder status. On the Verizon site, their 64GB Edge Gold is stated to ship out on 5/1/15.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Woo hoo!!!! Just got my tracking number for the 64gb in gold.

Can someone explain this to me please. I like my S6 but ive noticed that with my iphone when it comes to loading video from youtube or doing anything data related that it dances circles around my S6. The S6 takes longer to load but also it constantly has only one bar of service whereas my iphone has 2-3. I don't know how to check to see which band I'm on with the S6. Also is this made by design with Samsung products to show low bars? My neatest tower is almost 2 miles away from me.

Can someone explain this to me please. I like my S6 but ive noticed that with my iphone when it comes to loading video from youtube or getting on the web that it dances circles around my S6. The S6 takes longer to load but also it constantly has only one bar of service whereas my iphone has 2-3. I don't know how to check to see which band I'm on with the S6. Also is this made by design with Samsung products to show low bars? My neatest tower is almost 2 miles away from me.

Signalcheck Pro on your S6 will tell you your true signal. Sprint/Samsung uses RSSI instead of RSRP for signal. Signalcheck is more accurate.

Go into your media menu and zero out the Sprint addressing proxies. You'll have to Google instructions because I'm out a and can't get to the instructions now.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Signalcheck Pro on your S6 will tell you your true signal. Sprint/Samsung uses RSSI instead of RSRP for signal. Signalcheck is more accurate.

Go into your media menu and zero out the Sprint addressing proxies. You'll have to Google instructions because I'm out a and can't get to the instructions now.

sent from an underwater dust storm from my Sprint S5

Ok thank you. It shows I'm connected to clear 41 with -100. My iphone shows -102 with similar data speeds of 30mbps. But I will dig deeper though.

Ok thank you. It shows I'm connected to clear 41 with -100. My iphone shows -102 with similar data speeds of 30mbps. But I will dig deeper though.

The one bar thing has been an issue with several Samsung phones on Sprint for awhile, fortunately it's only visual with -100 and lower signal showing as one bar on these phones where on most others -100 is around 3 bars. So the signal isn't actually any worse in that situation but unfortunately to most people at a glance it makes the signal look worse.