CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

Ahhhhh I see.. Can't wait for the full featured version on cydia then. If it's ends up being a paid app it's be well worth it.

Paid Cydia apps are pirated around 75% of the time, so it's not really worth it. It'll be free.

• Like 2

Paid Cydia apps are pirated around 75% of the time, so it's not really worth it. It'll be free.

You could always add an option in the app to allow someone to donate. A lot of Cydia developers do that in their apps.

-Anthony

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Made the mistake of going to public beta 2.

[pic]

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Well on the bright side, you just saved me the hassle of testing it out. ;)

The issue with private APIs is that Apple can change things without any notice. And they also don't provide a fix. I'll look into iOS 8.3 when I get a chance.

Made the mistake of going to public beta 2.

8770b1f1cce89bb8a4a9e1c3aac1e873.jpg

I see you have Launcher [emoji57] isn't it the best thing ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never understood the purpose of "Launcher." It seem like more work to pull down the shade, scroll, and click as opposed to just clicking it on your home screen.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I never understood the purpose of "Launcher." It seem like more work to pull down the shade, scroll, and click as opposed to just clicking it on your home screen.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It's actually not more work lol. It's so much more simpler to go from app to app through the notification center rather than have to scroll through your pages and what not.

It's actually not more work lol. It's so much more simpler to go from app to app through the notification center rather than have to scroll through your pages and what not.

Unless you have OCD like me and have everything on your home screen [emoji15]f71674bcbf67c592262853df51e30476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Unless you have OCD like me and have everything on your home screen [emoji15]f71674bcbf67c592262853df51e30476.jpg

I'm the same way, except every app is in just one folder named "Apps." I use searchlight for everything. My wife has like 9 pages and it drives me nuts. Not a single folder.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 2

I'm the same way, except every app is in just one folder named "Apps." I use searchlight for everything. My wife has like 9 pages and it drives me nuts. Not a single folder.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I'd use spotlight search if I wasn't so set in my ways...takes me a month to get used to anything different.

Those three empty spaces would drive me bat s**t crazy though...

He's still getting used to all the extra screen real estate on that plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 3

95b6c37768d146c088bd7abda7c17228.jpg

My most needed apps are on page 1, the rest is sorted between productivity apps in folders on page 2, and games on page 3.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 2

I'm gonna create a forum where we can share our home pages. I don't think that exist on here, it's on MacRumors tho

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo, how is everyone doing with the app? It got quiet in here.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I took it as a good sign. I've been working on it when I can. Adding support for HSPA and WiFi at the moment. WiFi info might need a jailbreak though. Speaking of jailbreak, those features are on hold because I was forced to restore my jailbroken iPhone 5. Sorry :(

I took it as a good sign. I've been working on it when I can. Adding support for HSPA and WiFi at the moment. WiFi info might need a jailbreak though. Speaking of jailbreak, those features are on hold because I was forced to restore my jailbroken iPhone 5. Sorry :(

8.3 beta pweaaaaaaase. If that's even possible

GCI's are 8 characters correct? I thought I had read that it went something like this: XXX_XXX_XX.  First set of XXX is market ID.  Second set of XXX is tower identifier.  Third XX is sector.  Is that correct?

Reason I ask is that on at least a few towers here - I am seeing different tower identifiers for B41 compared to B25/B26.

My area is rural enough that I can see the full breadth of connection from B41 to B25 to B26 to 3G to 1x.  Not so concerned about 3g and 1x, but the LTE GCI discrepancies are confusing the **** out of me.  :)

8.3 beta pweaaaaaaase. If that's even possible

I'll update my 5 to the beta and see what I can do. I might not be able to do it until 8.3 is jailbroken though.

GCI's are 8 characters correct? I thought I had read that it went something like this: XXX_XXX_XX. First set of XXX is market ID. Second set of XXX is tower identifier. Third XX is sector. Is that correct?

Reason I ask is that on at least a few towers here - I am seeing different tower identifiers for B41 compared to B25/B26.

My area is rural enough that I can see the full breadth of connection from B41 to B25 to B26 to 3G to 1x. Not so concerned about 3g and 1x, but the LTE GCI discrepancies are confusing the **** out of me. :)

I've noticed the same thing. I'm not sure how it works, but I do know that the ID shown is the one reported by the OS. Hopefully someone else has more info on that.

• Like 1

Any way to get the UARFCN and Num Tx antennas on the widget? Or maybe a way to have the user select which 5 of (whatever) fields to be displayed? That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Any way to get the UARFCN and Num Tx antennas on the widget? Or maybe a way to have the user select which 5 of (whatever) fields to be displayed? That would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Num Tx Antennas is nowhere to be found. I have no idea why. It's the only item from the Serving Cell Info screen that I can't find.

I like that second idea. I'll definitely do that.

• Like 1

GCI's are 8 characters correct? I thought I had read that it went something like this: XXX_XXX_XX. First set of XXX is market ID. Second set of XXX is tower identifier. Third XX is sector. Is that correct?

On Sprint, this has shown to be accurate. Other providers probably do something similar; the last two GCI bits identifying the sector appears to be standard.

Sprint B25 and B26 connections from the same site will show the same first 6 GCI characters for most markets. I believe Samsung users do not enjoy this though. B41 connections from the same site are offset from the B25/B26. There are several posts about this scattered around the forum; I believe the offset is 1450 (hex).

-Mike

• Like 2

I'm noticing that after having the notification shade down for like 10-20 seconds, CellularInfo goes blank. Anyone else have this problem?

cffd2a688b8bfcca1512d7bf0a45ec4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+

That's what happens when iOS decides that it's using too much memory. I'm not sure what I can do about that, maybe try increasing the update time to 2 or 3 seconds? Mine is on 3 and I don't have that issue.

• Like 3