CellularInfo for iOS: Beta Released (was Coming soon)

nahum365

iOS has long needed an app to display info about the cellular connection- we have Field Test but it's rather hard to type in *3001#12345#* while driving. ;)

So, I made CellularInfo. Supports all iPhones on iOS 8.2 and below.

For now it simply displays most of the information from the "Serving Cell Info" section of Field Test.

2kwK6O5m.pnge9bjNuHm.png

It's in a (closed) beta at the moment.

• Like 16

An awesome start! What do you think is causing the weird bandwidth measurement?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

Probably just my interpretation of the data I got from iOS. It was just giving me one number, so I assumed I needed to split it in half to get a download/upload measurement. I now realize that that's not the case.

That's a beautiful sight. I actually like the layout of that widget. Do you have any shots of the actual app?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I do, but Tapatalk image uploading seems to be broken, not sure why. The app looks exactly like the widget right now though.

EDIT: Imgur'd it: http://i.imgur.com/qmvRJUTl.png

It ain't pretty. Not yet at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just FYI, mikejeep holds at least the de facto trademark on "SignalCheck" for a mobile app.  So, no offense, but staff must consult and decide how to handle this thread.

AJ

• Like 4

Just FYI, mikejeep holds at least the de facto trademark on "SignalCheck" for a mobile app. So, no offense, but staff must consult and decide how to handle this thread.

AJ

I'm completely willing to change the name, of course.

• Like 4

I'm completely willing to change the name, of course.

I applaud your efforts.  mikejeep has said in the past he doesn't have the resources to do an iOS app.  So I don't believe he will be anything other than happy that you work on the project.  I think he has even encouraged others to do it.  However, the use of the SignalCheck name is completely up to him.  Hopefully he will weigh in with his thoughts soon.

Maybe he even will want to work with you on it?  I make no promises, of course.

• Like 7

I think I'm just going to call it "CellularInfo". Nice and simple.

You might also run into trouble with that.  But iCellularInfo gets no hits on Google search.

Great work!!

• Like 1

You might also run into trouble with that.  But iCellularInfo gets no hits on Google search.

Great work!!

I just don't like putting i in front of things. :P I'm sure CellularInfo will be fine. A search in Cydia & the App Store doesn't produce any results that could cause an issue.

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to edit my original post, but can a mod at least change the title to something like "CellularInfo for iOS: Coming Soon"?

• Like 2

Just FYI, mikejeep holds at least the de facto trademark on "SignalCheck" for a mobile app.  So, no offense, but staff must consult and decide how to handle this thread.

AJ

Thank you AJ for bringing this up, I was thinking Mike has started development of an iOS version of his wonderful app, apparently not.

I just don't like putting i in front of things. :P I'm sure CellularInfo will be fine. A search in Cydia & the App Store doesn't produce any results that could cause an issue.

EDIT: I don't seem to be able to edit my original post, but can a mod at least change the title to something like "CellularInfo for iOS: Coming Soon"?

Request complete.

• Like 3

If you need design or usability help with the app, that's what I do for a living - I'd love to help, even if I can't jailbreak due to my company's AirWatch MDM solution.

• Like 1

If you need design or usability help with the app, that's what I do for a living - I'd love to help, even if I can't jailbreak due to my company's AirWatch MDM solution.

I'm hoping to keep the UI relatively simple, but I'll be sure to contact you if I run into any issues.

Jailbroken iOS user here. I travel weekly so have opportunity to hit MANY different towers over the course of a week. Let us know when this bad boy hits a repo! :)

I can guarantee that when it does, S4GRU will be the first to hear about it. ;)

• Like 2

Do we have anyone that knows how to build a custom carrier bundle, or knows how to modify the stock one to do different things? Since we're all jail breaking/re-jail breaking, I'd like to see if my band switching problem can be resolved with something custom built. Maybe if the thresholds can be changed to switch to band 26 sooner? Let me know; I'd be willing to pay a little bit for one.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Here's a question since you're an Apple developer. Is the iOS environment that closed off that you can't develop a non-jailbreak version of this? I'd love to get this running on my iPhone, but it is tied to Airwatch and I don't want IT to give me a call :)