Might not be the best thread for this, but if anyone is searching for small cell permits be sure to keep an eye on these DBAs for Mobilitie:

Interstate Transport and Broadband

Utility Pole Authority

CA Transmission Network

Telemobilitie 

NC Relay Technology and Networking

source:  https://medium.com/@omarmasry/a-brave-new-world-for-cell-antennas-in-california-39d864a876d4#.y25f67j0d

• Like 2

Might not be the best thread for this, but if anyone is searching for small cell permits be sure to keep an eye on these DBAs for Mobilitie:

Interstate Transport and Broadband

Utility Pole Authority

CA Transmission Network

Telemobilitie

NC Relay Technology and Networking

source: https://medium.com/@omarmasry/a-brave-new-world-for-cell-antennas-in-california-39d864a876d4#.y25f67j0d

Been awhile since I've been around here but figured if come catch up as we just had a few poles installed by mobilitie here and the permit showed telemobilite I believe... They initially threw a cell up on a 80ft pole but it's being relocated after some complaints on location and will be a 50ft pole now... I'll snag pics when I go by it again.

Had initially assumed it was VZ LTEU testing as I get good service where this pole is covering already.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

They initially threw a cell up on a 80ft pole but it's being relocated after some complaints on location and will be a 50ft pole now... I'll snag pics when I go by it again.

The early round of "we're going to build it and you're going to like it" didnt always work out for Mobilitie.

The early round of "we're going to build it and you're going to like it" didnt always work out for Mobilitie.

I'm surprised the city got mobilitie to move the pole location and also make it smaller at cost to mobilitie... Mobilitie claims the new location will offer same coverage but I just don't see how that's even possible...

Oh well we shall see... Surprised to see Sprint moving in here as it's also a dark spot for VZ as well and the hood has been complaining to VZ for awhile now.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh well we shall see... Surprised to see Sprint moving in here as it's also a dark spot for VZ as well and the hood has been complaining to VZ for awhile now.

I can't speak for other areas, but in LA Metro Verizon has mostly placed its small cells in more heavily trafficked areas that seem to benefit VoLTE.  Maybe Verizon isn't finished (is any carrier ever finished?), but so far Mobilitie seems to have more small cells in low-traffic areas than Verizon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• ENTER TO WIN A
    SNES CLASSIC EDITION

small.SNESclassic.png.050ebdab96ff535a54
    in our Black Friday/Holiday Promotion

Click Here for Details and to Enter

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By runagun
      Unless this is a mistake. Mobilitie is also helping VZW on there small cell approach too. I'm familiar with them doing arenas with all the providers , just not small cell.

http://www.downers.us/public/docs/agendas/2017/11-14-17/RES 2017-7580 - Right-of-Way License Agreement with Mobilitie, LLC - 11-14-2017_8260.pdf
    • By lilotimz
      T-mobile Ericsson Cell Equipment

For Ericsson markets t-mobile uses what is known as AIR antenna units which have the radio unit integrated with the antenna. This type of setup significantly reduces signal loss from the radio to the antenna since they're both practically next to each other and not sepearated by coax jumper cables like that of a remote radio unit.

Basic Ericsson AIR21 setup
      (Note typically there are 2 Ericsson AIR per sector)

Ericsson AIR21 + Band 12 700 mhz Equipment

Note the addition of a new low band 700 mhz capable antenna + Ericsson RRUS11 B12 (remote radio units) in addition to new TMA (tower mounted amplifiers) connected to the AIR antenna. The new Ericsson RRUS11 B12 + Antenna addition is for tmobiles band 12 700mhz (L700) deployment. 

(Credit: tmo.rocks)

Credit for the photographs belong to whoever took it. You know who you are!
    • By lilotimz
      Samsung TDD LTE Outdoor Pico eNB 2.6 Ghz

• By lilotimz
      Samsung Outdoor Pico eNB 1.9 Ghz

This is the Samsung Outdoor Pico eNB small cell for LTE 1900 that will be deployed by Sprint. Outdoor small cells are utilized to providie additional capacity and coverage mainly in areas where there is a high population density such as major malls, major streets with lot of busineses, train stations, airports, and the like. 

Small cells are mostly PnP where you just plug everything in and fire it up and it will auto configure itself by downloading parameters and additional information from the network. Utilizing the latest advances in small cell technology, these pico cells would also over time optimize itself based on feedback from UE and neighboring small cells and macro cells.

Diagrams

-------------------------------------------------------​

Samsung LTE 1.9 Ghz Indoor Pico Cell

Front

Back

Above