S4GRU Google Search Forum Redirect Hijacked

darkvibe

I just clicked through to this site from google and it redirected me to some url4short.info l domain address.  I had the same problem with a forum I admin.  

If you want to test it for yourself you can open an incognito/private browser, go to google and search for something that will bring up results for this site and then click the link in google. You should be redirected too.

It will only happen once.  Once you visit the site once it will no longer redirect you unless you clear your data or use a private browser window in which case it does it every time.  It will also only do this when accessing the site from specified search engines, not when accessing the site directly with a bookmark or typing the address.

I don't recall exactly what happened on our site but it was something about permissions for some php file or something.  I just admin a forum, don't do the computer stuff.

• Like 1

Hello All,

We are aware of this issue and it's currently being addressed.

Thank you and have a great day.

• Like 7

IP Board has completed a security upgrade that should resolve this problem.  Let me know if anyone should discover this happening ever again.  Thanks!

Robert

• Like 4