Georgia Alltel branding is now gone

lordsutch

The next step in shutting down former Alltel in Georgia is underway: http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=15007

Of note, AT&T's commitment to keep CDMA live in these markets expires June 15, 2015; I'd be surprised if they keep it on a day longer, which means a fallback to 1x on Verizon for Sprint customers roaming off the interstates and a few other corridors in south Georgia. The SouthernLINC RRPP buildout can't come soon enough...

Wow that kinda blows.  Especially down here in southeast Georgia where Alltel is everywhere.  I had some great 3G speeds roaming on alltel out in Folkston area.  bummer.  Verizon roaming down here kinda sucks...

I never understood why Sprint did not acquire the Alltel Georgia assets. Don't get me started on the whole Alltel business thing. I'm still mad.

You and me both. I'd be on Sprint right now if Alltel had been acquired. And Tmo coverage would be a distant fourth.

Using Nexus 5 on Tapatalk

• Like 5

Well, that was around the same time that Hesse was getting vetoed on acquiring USCC, if I recall correctly; presumably the board at the time wasn't interested in doing anything to improve Sprint's footprint.

• Like 2

Well, that was around the same time that Hesse was getting vetoed on acquiring USCC, if I recall correctly; presumably the board at the time wasn't interested in doing anything to improve Sprint's footprint.

I don't know about USCC, but I do know that the BoD shot down his attempt to but MetroPCS in the 11th hour.

Sprint should get USCC in WV or ntelos in WV and Virgina, that would help some

You could say that about every market. I would love if they bought Commnet in NM and AZ (at least they are in RRPP)

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

• Like 1