HTC One M9 Rumor Thread

Ascertion

I was intrigued with the S6 Edge but the very early stuff I'm reading online from people on the ground is that TouchWiz is basically still TouchWiz - nothing "nearly just Lollipop" about it.

Mmmmmmm... So I need to hold it but the galaxy s6 is the phone to beat right now. Discs the camera dual 1.9 aperture front SNF back plus ois slick design. Mmmm its kinda win! Samsung has made a strong move. If there modem is on par or better than Qualcomm... Might seal it. M9 is nice but I'm not moved and Qualcomm 810 worries me. But this is just initial reaction. I didn't like the m8 either and hmmm I got it also. Lol

Mmmmmmm... So I need to hold it but the galaxy s6 is the phone to beat right now. Discs the camera dual 1.9 aperture front SNF back plus ois slick design. Mmmm its kinda win! Samsung has made a strong move. If there modem is on par or better than Qualcomm... Might seal it. M9 is nice but I'm not moved and Qualcomm 810 worries me. But this is just initial reaction. I didn't like the m8 either and hmmm I got it also. Lol

The S6, no. The S6 Edge, maybe. Something tells me that even though the S6 Edge is cool, it might be priced significantly higher than a lot of other flagship devices which could make it sell worse than it would've had it been priced cheaper.

The S6, no. The S6 Edge, maybe. Something tells me that even though the S6 Edge is cool, it might be priced significantly higher than a lot of other flagship devices which could make it sell worse than it would've had it been priced cheaper.

I expect the S6 Edge to be priced $100 over the S6 like the Note Edge is $100 over the Note 4.

I expect the S6 Edge to be priced $100 over the S6 like the Note Edge is $100 over the Note 4.

That's not ok. If Samsung had let the S6 be the S6 Edge and ditched the "normal" S6, I think it would've been better for them.

• Like 2

That's not ok. If Samsung had let the S6 be the S6 Edge and ditched the "normal" S6, I think it would've been better for them.

Agreed.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk 3.1.1

• Like 1

AJ

• Like 1

I do agree that the M9 is an 'evolutionary' design.  To me, the M7 was a 'revolutionary' design as it was the first android phone to incorporate the premium finish, and introduced what has never been seen on any smartphone. (BoomSound).

Those from firing stereo speakers caught everybody by surprise.  Then, The M8 took it a step farther and improved it's build quality, louder 'boomsound', and it was as premium looking as you can get for 2014 (android wise).  They addressed the external storage option with the M8, but kept the same ultrapixel technology that was a hit or miss.

Then, the M9 addressed complaints with power button placement as well as camera. They also changed the assembly on the edges to improve grip as the M8 was very slippery to hold.

The camera comparisons between the M9 and S6 remain to be seen. But Samsung took 2 years to re-design the look and feel of the S series (well, just the sides and the back, as the front of the phone looks pretty much the same)..

To me, the M9 is just making what was already great with the M7 and made it probably almost perfect. 

I still have my M8 and probably won't get anything in the near future as my contract has another year +.  

Then, i will have to consider what is out for 2016.  If the Samsung keeps "back glass", i don't know if i want to go that route.  Also, TouchWiz needs to go in my opinion.  The simplicity and fluidity of HTC Sense is one of the factors that makes me love my M8 more and more.

• Like 2

Upon second thought, I think I'm going to wait for the next iteration of the One series. If they play this right, they could have people on a two year cycle much like Apple does with the iPhone. The overwhelming majority of people online seem to call this the M8s. They wouldn't be wrong though. They've virtually just fixed everything that was wrong with the M8 and increased specifications further. 

This phone is ideal for those coming from the M7. For those of us that own the M8, this device isn't much of an upgrade, and we know we're going to get the Sense 7 software anyway. That said, my upgrade is in November of this year and the next One should be unveiled at next year's MWC in early March. That means I'll only have to wait 5 months after my next upgrade to get the "M10" (I'm sure they're gonna choose something better than that). 

• Like 4

Fret not my good sir. The rumors of the Snapdragon 810's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_mwc_2015-review-1215p3.php

A small section from the hands on preview:

"First up, we have the raw CPU performance test with GeekBench 3, so things should be pretty straight-forward in this department. Naturally, we expected to see the HTC One M9 at the top of this list, along with the LG G Flex 2, due to the identical hardware, but the HTC does seem to perform better.

While testing the LG Flex2, we did notice that under load the phone tends to heat up quite noticeably. We were definitely happy to see that HTC One M9 had no problems in this department and squeezed even more juice of the more than capable Snapdragon 810 putting the debate over the thermal performance of Qualcomm's latest silicone to rest."

• Like 1

Upon second thought, I think I'm going to wait for the next iteration of the One series. If they play this right, they could have people on a two year cycle much like Apple does with the iPhone. The overwhelming majority of people online seem to call this the M8s. They wouldn't be wrong though. They've virtually just fixed everything that was wrong with the M8 and increased specifications further. 

This phone is ideal for those coming from the M7. For those of us that own the M8, this device isn't much of an upgrade, and we know we're going to get the Sense 7 software anyway. That said, my upgrade is in November of this year and the next One should be unveiled at next year's MWC in early March. That means I'll only have to wait 5 months after my next upgrade to get the "M10" (I'm sure they're gonna choose something better than that). 

Come on now, the real reason people are calling it an m8s is because of the design looking so similar to the m7/m8.  If it had a new design then everyone would be saying different but as far as internal specs go the m9 is very much a beastly device.

• Like 2

Come on now, the real reason people are calling it an m8s is because of the design looking so similar to the m7/m8.  If it had a new design then everyone would be saying different but as far as internal specs go the m9 is very mush a beastly device.

personally, I m one that believes if it ain't broke then don't mess with it. The design of the M7/8 is in my opinion is very pleasing to the eye and hand. No need to change it and why the M9 is fine in my book. The more I look at it the more I like it.

Too bad they didn't introduce a M9 Max. Now that would have been my favorite.

TS

• Like 1

Come on now, the real reason people are calling it an m8s is because of the design looking so similar to the m7/m8.  If it had a new design then everyone would be saying different but as far as internal specs go the m9 is very much a beastly device.

That's true but what I'm thinking is that the next One device will be far less of an incremental upgrade than this one. (In terms of design at least.)  Also, I don't want to buy the M9 and then 6 months later a better version of my phone comes out. If it were a year later then I'd definitely buy it.

• Like 1

Going from M7 to M9 should be fairly easy too. I hear it should be CCA compliant since the new 810 modem is capable of receiving signal from 20 different bands. That may mean fewer models this time around. Maybe a CDMA and a GSM variant. Or maybe they'll be combined into one US variant.

Going from M7 to M9 should be fairly easy too. I hear it should be CCA compliant since the new 810 modem is capable of receiving signal from 20 different bands. That may mean fewer models this time around. Maybe a CDMA and a GSM variant. Or maybe they'll be combined into one US variant.

Yep...the one thing that kept me from jumping to an M8 was the crap ultrapixel camera. Pics on my M7 are awful in low light with any kind of high intensity light in background (ie at a concert) and the M8 was no different from what I read.

still praying for good rf...

Does anyone know how this radio stacks up against the LG G3s? I have the M7 and im looking at getting a new phone. Really just want a good rf since the M7 was so-so.

The m8 was a pretty good improvement over the m7 and I read somewhere that there suppose to be some improvements done to the m9 in that area so we will see.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report. If the M9 ends up not supporting band 5, which regions of the country is that an issue with in the CCA?