Clear Outage (Band 41 LTE)

For two weeks now users in the Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville and New York Markets have been reporting Clear sites not broadcasting data. The sites seem to be ones not co-located with Sprint towers. The signal is there but no data is present. I have experienced 5 so far in the city limits of Tampa. Anyone else experiencing outages or know why it's happening?

I was having severe B41 issues the last week. Was connected with 3 bars indoors, 4 outdoors, and no data would load/send. Couldn't do anything. Toggling airplane mode on and off just put me on another band for so long.

I'm guessing it was a Clear site outage? All I know is its better now

I've reported a few dead clear/Sprint 41 towers and or sectors in the Chicagoland area to Sprint a few times via the Sprint zone app. They've mostly been fixed. Same symptoms: connected but with zero data flow.

Sent from my iPhone 6

3-5mb on

I've had minimal issues using Band 41 in New York City the week of Thanksgiving. Speeds were somewhat slow (around 3-5 Mpbs), but I can't be certain that it was caused by Clear or just capacity.

3-5mb on B41 is really slow, I had some speed issues for a few days last month, and it went back to normal now (20-50mb), There are a bunch of sites with 0 transfer. I have found at least 10 sites.

the tower that I did report in my area seems to still be down it seems to be the sector because I was in the area and I was connected to one but not the one that my boyfriend connects to typically when he's at home. That one's been down for almost two weeks it affects text and voice calls!

I'm not getting phone calls or texts when I am on my local Clear site at home, back to turning my phone on 3G only mode until this issue is fixed (No B25/B26 comes to my house). Data works fine however but missing calls and texts is a huge problem.

• Like 1

I'm not getting phone calls or texts when I am on my local Clear site at home, back to turning my phone on 3G only mode until this issue is fixed (No B25/B26 comes to my house). Data works fine however but missing calls and texts is a huge problem.

My issue is that my signal is good enough to have b41, but there is b26 and b25 available so it cycles between the three over and over and over.

I've reported the issue to Jerry Williams and he says he will escalate the issue. I also told him there are reports (from here) which is nationwide that clear wire sites are down and not having any data at all....

"Thanks for the feedback. I know our network team completed some repairs/upgrades this week. I will escalate your latest info right away.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help. We will get the issues resolved ASAP.

JW"

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

To update the site mentioned seems to be back online and site adjacent to that one when handing off band 41 signal just activated live 8t8r sprint band 41. Don't know if that was a reason for intermittent inference.

• Like 3

To update the site mentioned seems to be back online and site adjacent to that one when handing off band 41 signal just activated live 8t8r sprint band 41. Don't know if that was a reason for intermittent inference.

A FYI. Sprint likes to deactivate adjacent LTE sectors when bringing up a new 2.5 site. 

• Like 2

A FYI. Sprint likes to deactivate adjacent LTE sectors when bringing up a new 2.5 site. 

Thats good to know. The only problem with that area is I think there is still legacy equipment that hasn't been updated as I am never on band 25 or 26 its always the clear site that I pick up. No HD calls either when calling from that service area! So there was zero fall back to any other bands when the site was down!

I've been experiencing this on three particular sites here in the Baltimore market. Also have seen it on one site in an area that might've been in the DC market.

One of them is a site I use a lot, as it covers an area with WalMart, Chick Fil A, and Starbucks. Bit annoying that the problem is in the exact area where I spend a lot of time waiting in various lines. :(

I have a Clear B41 site and a newly broadcasting Sprint B41 site near me, the Clear site is a little bit closer to me but the Sprint site fights for my Zing's attention every so often (I can tell by the different PLMNID). Hopefully the Sprint site takes over if there is a Clear outage, but all is fine so far (I'm in Orange County, CA).

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

From jerry.

"Just following up since your last note. Since then we were able to revert back to previous settings on local towers there, and a downed DS3 issue has been resolved. Your coverage should at least be back to previous levels. Please let me know if this is the case."

I told him 2.5 ghz appears to be back up and running in the areas where it was effected... At least for me

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

so I decided I would go to Twitter today to report the same tower that was down is back down and I came across another one that was broadcasting but not transmitting data as well.

so I decided I would go to Twitter today to report the same tower that was down is back down and I came across another one that was broadcasting but not transmitting data as well.

I wonder if it's possible it's down because they're activating 8er sites nearby.

I wonder if it's possible it's down because they're activating 8er sites nearby.

I'll keep an eye out for it. The nearest tower is further away so that site if being upgraded should not have been affected. I'll give it till Friday and check back then.