HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I have seen the price with contract but haven't see without? Anybody know? Wife will be getting this off contract but I am holding out for the Jornal.

nope and you prolly wont till its up for presale or leaked out from big box retailers systems...

Like this evolte droid someone did over at android forums. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due in case you can't read it in the watermark. But this was done by novox77. I think it would be great for marketing.

Yeah novox does excellent work and he is an awesome guy.

Maybe we should get him to make one with a toolbelt and s4gru on its chest.

Android Central writers/editors talkin about the EVO 4G LTE and One X, and comparing them to the Galaxy Nexus.

Man, those guys love making long videos. An hour. wow. I saw Phil leaving the event, just couldn't remember his name. (Actually that goes for anyone, I have a photographic memory but ask me their names and I have the deer in headlight look.)

TS

• Like 2

Yeah novox does excellent work and he is an awesome guy.

Maybe we should get him to make one with a toolbelt and s4gru on its chest.

Man, those guys love making long videos. An hour. wow. I saw Phil leaving the event, just couldn't remember his name. (Actually that goes for anyone, I have a photographic memory but ask me their names and I have the deer in headlight look.)

TS

Yea, there are several good guys over there, you, novox, and earlymon included.

I really think he (novox) should consider sending that design over to Sprint and HTC. I think they certainly could use it for marketing and he could probably score some dough off of it. It's really sharp!

And, Im the same way! I can remember a face forever, but names.. Not a chance! lol

Speaking of that AndroidCentral video, they actually start talking about the Sprint EVO at time index 20:34 thru 33:26 and Phil flat out says its better than the HTC One X. (at index: 22:20) whoa.

Nice.

• Like 3

Here is AC's comparison of the OneX to the GNex. Yes, I know their are some differences BTW what we are getting on the EVO 4G LTE then the Euro One X, but there is still a lot that can be useful for us (i.e. camera, screen, etc). Sense 4 is sounding pretty good.

http://www.androidce...ng-galaxy-nexus

I agree with him. It is the best variant of the One X. I was one of the people questioning the design, but it has won me over. Also HTC added so much: bigger battery, NFC, microSD, kickstand, etc; and still kept the same size.

I did not agree that this is going to be the best phone of the year for sprint. I am sure Motorola and Samsung are going to bring out some beast phones, plus the iPhone 6th Gen.

Yeah with 15 phones before the year is up, I am sure both Motorola and Samsung wouldn't want to be left behind.

As for those still wondering if the top portion of the device is a deal breaker, I did not see it as bad. Plus covers will help.

TS

• Like 1

Yeah with 15 phones before the year is up, I am sure both Motorola and Samsung wouldn't want to be left behind.

As for those still wondering if the top portion of the device is a deal breaker, I did not see it as bad. Plus covers will help.

TS

Sounds to me like you getting an evolte, right? No more galaxy note talk? LOL!!!

Sounds to me like you getting an evolte, right? No more galaxy note talk? LOL!!!

Sacrilege

At the present time, it looks like I will be getting the EVO 4G LTE to replace my aging HTC Hero (that is my backup phone), as for my main line (The Photon) I would love to have the Note, but from what I gather (one of the posting by Robert) it seems that the Note is not in the lineup of upcoming devices. So I just may bite the bullet and get it on AT&T. (This would also give me a head start of knowing the ins and outs of the device) If and when Sprint does come out with their version, I'll just pay the ETF on AT&T and get the Sprint one. Shoot, I've payed ETFs before so one more time is not going to kill me.

TS

Well with my Mother in Law in the hospital I haven't taken any vacations so all that money is ending up in my belly eating and buying stuff (I really don't need) or donating to unlock bountys, forums, charities. lol

My frequent flyer miles have taken a hit this year. :(

anyway back on topic,

EVO LTE will be mine, Galaxy Note (whether Sprint or AT&T) will also be mine. mwuahahahaha

TS

Sacrilege

At the present time, it looks like I will be getting the EVO 4G LTE to replace my aging HTC Hero (that is my backup phone), as for my main line (The Photon) I would love to have the Note, but from what I gather (one of the posting by Robert) it seems that the Note is not in the lineup of upcoming devices. So I just may bite the bullet and get it on AT&T. (This would also give me a head start of knowing the ins and outs of the device) If and when Sprint does come out with their version, I'll just pay the ETF on AT&T and get the Sprint one. Shoot, I've payed ETFs before so one more time is not going to kill me.

TS

Well damn, you really want that note don't you. LMAO!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sacrilege

At the present time' date=' it looks like I will be getting the EVO 4G LTE to replace my aging HTC Hero (that is my backup phone), as for my main line (The Photon) I would love to have the Note, but from what I gather (one of the posting by Robert) it seems that the Note is not in the lineup of upcoming devices. So I just may bite the bullet and get it on AT&T. (This would also give me a head start of knowing the ins and outs of the device) If and when Sprint does come out with their version, I'll just pay the ETF on AT&T and get the Sprint one. Shoot, I've payed ETFs before so one more time is not going to kill me.

TS[/quote']

My take on the Note coming to Sprint...

We have seen the LTE Lab and LTE FIT Device schedules. These schedules went out through September. The Note wasn't on it on March 16th. And devices need to be scheduled for testing months in advance.

So my belief based on what we know is that for the Note to arrive on Sprint soon, it would have to be 3G only. The new Windows Phone that was leaked last week wasn't in the LTE schedules. But it didn't have LTE, so that makes sense. There is a Windows Phone with LTE that is on the schedule with a MSM8960 with a tentative September release date.

I have a hard time believing that Sprint would release a 3G only Note. So lets move on to another idea...

Since we know that on March 16th, there was no Note in the Sprint LTE schedules, lets say hypothetically one was added the following week. If so the absolute soonest it is feasible that it could be released is mid August. And by Mid August, the Note specs are getting a little dated, except the screen. And that would mean that Sprint added it the very week after I read the lab reports to even achieve that date.

So I'm guessing it means that either the Note is a Fall release on Sprint, Sprint waits for a GS3 Note variant, or Sprint doesn't carry the Note.

There is my Easter wild educated guess for all of you on the Note. :)

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I would much rather have Sprint carry the GSIII than the Galaxy Note at this point. Sprint just has to suck it up and admit that it missed the boat when the device is hot since it did not have a LTE network ready. This doesn't mean that Sprint can't bid for a Galaxy Note 2 when Samsung decides to make one which should be better since it will count on any shortcomings of the Galaxy Note 1.

Right now people are saying that the Galaxy Nexus is already outdated by the time Sprint releases it some time this month and some have claimed that it is DOA. While the specs may be somewhat outdated, I disagree that it will be DOA. Because it is a flagship phone, people will buy it because it is a pure Google experience and the fact that it will have at least a future Android update in Jelly Bean which cannot be said all the other Android phones out there. I don't think it is in Sprint's best interests to work on a Galaxy Note with the same current specs especially if its going to be released sometime in Q4 2012.

Sacrilege

TS

Wait a sec, why do you have a AT&T and Sprint service? Man you must have the luxury to be paying 2 cell phone bills because I don't.

Yeah with 15 phones before the year is up...

Was it 15 LTE phones, or 15 LTE devices? I might be wrong, but I thought it was devices. So that would probably give us somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 or 9 LTE phones this year. (since there will probably be a 2 or 3 tablets, 2 hotspots, and a usb dongle).

Was it 15 LTE phones' date=' or 15 LTE devices? I might be wrong, but I thought it was devices. So that would probably give us somewhere int the neighborhood of 8 or 9 phones this year. (since there will probably be a 2 or 3 tablet, 2 hotspots, and a usb dongle).[/quote']

Correct. Devices. Including broadband cards and mobile hotspots.

• Like 1

As great as this phone looks. I do want to see what the GS3 specs look like. Hopefully they are announced before the EVO-LTE drops in june.

I also hope they make a version of the One-S avalible. As my wife (if she stays with sprint) wants a smaller phone, like the original evo or razr maxx. 4.3"

• Like 1

So its seems GS3 is long waiting too, no Note also means that the EVO LTE is the one, if your gonna stay on sprint. I dont want to do what I did last year, bought the EVO 3D and 2 months later I leave it to my wife and bought GS2. This time my wife is ready to upgrade, so I can bought her an EVO LTE, and wait for GS3 for me. The problems is after showing her the One X, we she saw the EVO, she first impression was Mehhh. :wacko: I have 2 month to brainwash her.

At least we should have a really good idea of what we are getting by the time the EVO LTE arrives. Since the AT&T version of the One with the S4 chip will have been benched and reviewed.

In reading some overseas views on both. There have been quite a few that went to buy the ONE-X and instead went with the ONE-S because the metal case felt a lot better in the hand, and seemed to perform better in day to day functions. (not to mention the tegra 3 is reported to get really hot).

Wait a sec, why do you have a AT&T and Sprint service? Man you must have the luxury to be paying 2 cell phone bills because I don't.

A hero, 2 Photons (me and spouse) and a 3g/4g laptop all under $250 a month. Whats another $70 bill? I spend more on crap and junk than that. I just have to curtail my junk stuff. lol In my view its worth if for the Note. (I know I know I have an obsession) :P

Correct. Devices. Including broadband cards and mobile hotspots.

@ Benchase7, Duffman

Correct, I meant to say devices, not phones, just a force of habit.

Edit: whoa that's nice 2fast. I like it.

TS

• Like 2