HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

^ This explains it. Bubble busted lol

Thanks

TS

Also if there were one in the works there is no way they would of let it slip like that in that video there....someone would of caught the thing..lol

was a nice thought we had to begin with at least...

Nice device, love the screen, but the shiny black is going to be an annoying fingerprint magnet. Definitely a contender for my next phone. Now to see what Samsung brings to the table.

Nice device, love the screen, but the shiny black is going to be an annoying fingerprint magnet. Definitely a contender for my next phone. Now to see what Samsung brings to the table.

Doesn't really bother me, nor should it anyone who puts their phone in a case. Although I think your point is valid. I'm curios to see if any 3rd party manufactures make a replacement cover.

Battery technology in the EVO LTE... I have heard rumors that the battery in the EVO is a Li-Po (vs. Li-ion). Rumors are based on the fact that they managed to get a larger capacity battery in a slimmer phone (then the One X). I understand the cathode found in a Li-Po battery degrades slower, resulting in a battery that retains its maximum capacity longer. In one of my other hobbies (R/C planes and cars), I know that the Li-Po batteries are the latest and greatest thing (although very expensive!). Thoughts? Anyone with some battery knowledge care to chime in?

Battery technology in the EVO LTE... I have heard rumors that the battery in the EVO is a Li-Po (vs. Li-ion). Rumors are based on the fact that they managed to get a larger capacity battery in a slimmer phone (then the One X). I understand the cathode found in a Li-Po battery degrades slower, resulting in a battery that retains its maximum capacity longer. In one of my other hobbies (R/C planes and cars), I know that the Li-Po batteries are the latest and greatest thing (although very expensive!). Thoughts? Anyone with some battery knowledge care to chime in?

Well what ever is in it, I hope the evolte can last me at least 12 hours under moderate use with lte on.

LI-PO batteries are lithium polymer. More advanced than lithium ion batteries. Smaller and lighter than lithium ion, and they are supposed to last about 3 years. They have some issues with durability though. Lithium ion seem to be more uniform in longevity, where LI-PO you might occasionally see a battery last a week. It would be a warranty issue though. I think LI-PO will be the new standard in cell phone technology.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LI-PO batteries are lithium polymer. More advanced than lithium ion batteries. Smaller and lighter than lithium ion, and they are supposed to last about 3 years. They have some issues with durability though. Lithium ion seem to be more uniform in longevity, where LI-PO you might occasionally see a battery last a week. It would be a warranty issue though. I think LI-PO will be the new standard in cell phone technology.

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge Scott! My new truck runs on a Li-Po.. when I was purchasing it I had a hard time justifying the price difference... but the salesman talked me into it. However, I'm glad I did it! The R/C truck has a significantly noticeable improvement in battery life. Now, all we need is a confirmation the new EVO uses this technology. This, in addition to the larger capacity battery in general on the EVO (vs the One X), should be a WIN! Thx again, Scott.

No problem Ben.

It is definitely worth the money for a RC truck. You shouldn't need replace it ever. In cell phones, it would last around 3 years charging every day but if it doesn't have to be charged as often as in a RC truck, it will last a lot longer.

Li-Po batteries sound nice. But I kinda like being able to remove mine. Built-in batteries was the biggest problem I had with my iPhone when it was acting slow and doesn't want to cooperate.

LI-PO batteries wouldn't necessarily always have to be nonremovable

Oh good. I really like being able to remove my battery in my phone. Convenient in an emergency. Plus it helps to cool my phone off when it gets too hot by just pulling the battery for a little while.

Every time I see LiPo, it makes me think of either Liposuction or Alpo dog food. :hah:

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

Every time I see LiPo, it makes me think of either Liposuction or Alpo dog food. :hah:

:rofl: I thought of liposuction the first time I saw that too.

Every time I see LiPo, it makes me think of either Liposuction or Alpo dog food.

I guess one could say it is liposuction of the battery

I guess one could say it is liposuction of the battery

:rofl: (pardon all my laughing, but today was the best day I've had in a while.)

• Like 1

So what do you guys think about the Evo 4G LTE phone coming with an embedded sim card instead of a physical sim card? Personally I hate it. I would rather have a physical sim card just so I can move between Sprint cell phones in the future as well as the ability to use the LTE phone overseas when the phones are able to support multiple bands. I am curious to find out if the Galaxy Nexus and the LG Viper will have embedded or physical sim cards.

• Like 4

So what do you guys think about the Evo 4G LTE phone coming with an embedded sim card instead of a physical sim card? Personally I hate it. I would rather have a physical sim card just so I can move between Sprint cell phones in the future as well as the ability to use the LTE phone overseas when the phones are able to support multiple bands. I am curious to find out if the Galaxy Nexus and the LG Viper will have embedded or physical sim cards.

It'd likely be locked out and unable to use anywhere else anyway even if it was accessible, no?

Plus what's the point of using it overseas if no gsm bands are included?....

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I will say this, it was nice when I used to work construction and had Nextel phones, I had a relatively featureless, scratched up, ugly brick of a work-issued phone that I used on the jobsite. When I left work, I would pop the SIM out and put it in my ic502 that I picked up for the sake of having a nice phone when not at work, which at the time I thought was awesome. Then I'd leave the work phone on the charger until the next day. I could see a lot of people who could utilize this such as needing to carry a phone but not wanting to endanger your $600 smartphone, so you pop the SIM in a cheapo flip phone for that time.

Sprint would have to put SIMs in cheaper phones for this to be viable though.

• Like 1

Like this evolte droid someone did over at android forums. Just wanted to give credit where credit is due in case you can't read it in the watermark. But this was done by novox77. I think it would be great for marketing.

ae620c40-a0ff-649b.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Like 10