P_M_G

HTC EVO 4G LTE

What error did you get when running the ruu?

I am getting a little bit confused, if you are not rooted aren't you already on jellybean?

I am on Jellybean, but 4.3. I updated with one of the last ruu months ago just to check out Sense 5. I've rooted and tried flashing a few 4.1.1 Roms without much luck. It has been forever since I have rooted and flashed Roms to an HTC device so I'm not very up to date with S-off or anything additional that may be necessary. I guess you could say the Nexus has spoiled me some.

I don't recall the ruu throwing a specific error. It just said "failed" and rebooted the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am on Jellybean, but 4.3. I updated with one of the last ruu months ago just to check out Sense 5. I've rooted and tried flashing a few 4.1.1 Roms without much luck. It has been forever since I have rooted and flashed Roms to an HTC device so I'm not very up to date with S-off or anything additional that may be necessary. I guess you could say the Nexus has spoiled me some.

I don't recall the ruu throwing a specific error. It just said "failed" and rebooted the phone.

Oh ok I forgot about the 4.3 method. Anyway I don't think it's possible to flash an older ruu because the newer bootloader from 4.3 won't be compatible with the older ruu which is why it failed. If you were already s-off then it's probably possible though. Rooting and getting s-off might be your only option but without that it's a definite no go.
  • Like 1

Oh ok I forgot about the 4.3 method. Anyway I don't think it's possible to flash an older ruu because the newer bootloader from 4.3 won't be compatible with the older ruu which is why it failed. If you were already s-off then it's probably possible though. Rooting and getting s-off might be your only option but without that it's a definite no go.

Alright so s-off will be tomorrow's adventure then! Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Software update for the EVO 4G LTE.

Nothing fancy, just a security update. No bump up the Android ladder. Showed up on my wife's phone, but not mine - probably because I'm on the last semi-official update, and she isn't. Not very big, just a little over 16 Mb.

Crazy still supporting!

• Like 1