HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

That's really interesting. Sometimes my dialer codes work. Other times they don't. I was having a problem getting voicemail in the app. But it was only sometimes. Seems to be working correctly lately, but I wasn't able to use a dialer code correctly this morning.

Is there a change log between .3 and .4?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Besides fixing the data roaming issue, the only other change that I'm aware of is that the problems with trying to install the RUU from Windows 8/8.1 machines has been resolved. Installed mine from a Win7 machine, so I can't confirm that personally.

• 2 weeks later...

To htc's credit, the evo is now 2 years old. The point where phones are cut off like a wobbly semi-coherent drunk at a club.

• Like 1

I'm still having intermittent trouble with dialer codes and voicemail notifications. Did anyone download the .4 RUU and find these things fixed?

I tried the .4 update, for some reason my bluetooth would not work anymore and I was still having problems with voicemail notifications. Going back to the .3 update and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Can the ota be taken if you have already flashed HTCs ruu's they put out for 4.3 and later bug fixes?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can the ota be taken if you have already flashed HTCs ruu's they put out for 4.3 and later bug fixes?

No you can't. Would not even see the update

• Like 1

No you can't. Would not even see the update

More importantly, if you have updated to 4.3, your phone is no longer vulnerable to heartbleed.

• Like 3

More importantly, if you have updated to 4.3, your phone is no longer vulnerable to heartbleed.

Well, duh! That's why I haven't seen it - I'm on the 1.4 release. I'll still have to check my wife's Evo when she comes back from her trip though, she hasn't updated yet (and probably won't).

• 1 month later...

The last update for heartbleed seemed to stop my device from roaming. Anyone else experience this issue?

I think you can flip roaming on in the settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you guys know how I could return my EVO LTE to to 4.1.1?  I tried using an older ruu, but it failed.

Are you rooted?  As a reminder to run an ruu your boatloader will have to be locked or it will fail.  If you are s-off though you can run it using fastboot commands.

Are you rooted?  As a reminder to run an ruu your boatloader will have to be locked or it will fail.  If you are s-off though you can run it using fastboot commands.

No I'm not rooted.  I've tried a few different ruu's now so I guess rooting and flashing via fastboot will be the way to go?

No I'm not rooted.  I've tried a few different ruu's now so I guess rooting and flashing via fastboot will be the way to go?

What are you trying to accomplish anyway?

What are you trying to accomplish anyway?

No kidding.  The EVO LTE?  Its time has come and gone.  Put it to rest...

6b8bfd4d_328377-vlcsnap_00234_super.jpeg

AJ

• Like 1

Just trying test on a 4.0 or 4.1 android device for an application.

I am getting a little bit confused, if you are not rooted aren't you already on jellybean?