HTC EVO 4G LTE

P_M_G

I didn't know that ... what's changed from 4.13.651.3 to .4?

Supposedly it fixes data roaming and the RUU installation process on Windows 8 machines.. but there isn't anything official posted by HTC that I can find. This 4.3 quasi-public quasi-beta test is rather unique but I like it.

-Mike

I hope they release the final version soon. I just experienced the roaming issue, not cool. I'd update to this .4 version, but it's a hassle to re-set up the phone.

Any word on the release date for the final version?

Edited by always_learner
  • Like 1

I hope they release the final version soon. I just experienced the roaming issue, not cool. I'd update to this .4 version, but it's a hassle to re-set up the phone.

Any word on the release date for the final version?

You could use something like Titanium Backup to save everything to your SD card, run the update, then restore.

They anticipated the first revision to be the final update. I am happy they are continuing to release updates as bugs are discovered. I would imagine that the release date for the "final version" will be whenever they decide to stop pushing out any further fixes.. hopefully that's not until every last issue is resolved.

I can see how this sort of update process is inconvenient, but its better than nothing. Developers had been trying to create a custom 4.3 ROM with Sense 5 for a year and couldn't get a version this stable.

-Mike

• Like 3

You could use something like Titanium Backup to save everything to your SD card, run the update, then restore.

They anticipated the first revision to be the final update. I am happy they are continuing to release updates as bugs are discovered. I would imagine that the release date for the "final version" will be whenever they decide to stop pushing out any further fixes.. hopefully that's not until every last issue is resolved.

I can see how this sort of update process is inconvenient, but its better than nothing. Developers had been trying to create a custom 4.3 ROM with Sense 5 for a year and couldn't get a version this stable.

-Mike

I was going to say, I thought this was the final build (.3).  

I get why they couldn't do the initial update OTA, but why can't the smaller incremental updates be OTA?  Such a hassle to lose everything again and start over, even though it does save stuff.

• Like 2

I get why they couldn't do the initial update OTA, but why can't the smaller incremental updates be OTA? Such a hassle to lose everything again and start over, even though it does save stuff.

The only discussions I've seen about not having an OTA for those who are already on 4.3 point the blame at Sprint, but I have no idea how much truth there is to that.

-Mike

I'm having the following problems:

1. People with certain iPhones get an error message when I try to send them screenshots

2. Google Play Services has been using exorbitant amounts of my battery, and I'm not sure why. I think it may have something to do with location services

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Hi I am having a hard time finding out how to get my phone back to stock...  I updated my phone about a month ago and the new updated software is horrible... I did not root it, I just did my update through the computer.... Does anyone know how to recover it back to STOCK software?

That link has the Rom for the Sprint update from October. Installing that 707mb file through a computer would wipe off 4.3 and install 3.17.651.4 with the old file system

• Like 1

You know, I really like sense UI, except I have one big gripe with my EVO 4G LTE. You can't set the SMS/MMS app to vibrate only when the phone is on vibrate. You either have to let the phone vibrate for messages even when you haven't set the ringer to vibrate, or you shut vibration off completely. This little detail drives me nuts. My old LG Optimus S did this just fine.

You know, I really like sense UI, except I have one big gripe with my EVO 4G LTE. You can't set the SMS/MMS app to vibrate only when the phone is on vibrate. You either have to let the phone vibrate for messages even when you haven't set the ringer to vibrate, or you shut vibration off completely. This little detail drives me nuts. My old LG Optimus S did this just fine.

This. Although I feel like sometimes it works.

Also, LOL at the Optimus S. My sister had that phone. Cheapest POS ever!

This. Although I feel like sometimes it works.

Also, LOL at the Optimus S. My sister had that phone. Cheapest POS ever!

I had that one  :blush:  through Virgin Mobile. I enjoyed it because I had a phone. Messed with it the other day and just wow...I can't believe I used to deal with how slow that thing is. I wouldn't trade the speed or stability of iOS for that POS ever.

For the record I have my phone on vibrate and my text just vibrated! And it doesn't when the sound is on.

For the record I have my phone on vibrate and my text just vibrated! And it doesn't when the sound is on.

Are you running the stock software? What version?

You must have updated to the new OS that we can't get with an over the air update? I'm still on Android 4.1 software 3.17.651.4.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having intermittent trouble with dialer codes and voicemail notifications. Did anyone download the .4 RUU and find these things fixed?

My EVO is usually deactivated, but I have been running .4 for a few weeks around the house on WiFi. I activated it for about 6 hours yesterday, and I received a few calls, some texts, and a voicemail a during this time.. everything worked well. Voicemail notification appeared immediately. I also used some dialer codes and they worked fine. I have noticed on previous stock ROMs that you need to wait 30-60 seconds after booting before trying any dialer codes. Something must take awhile to initialize in the background.

-Mike

My EVO is usually deactivated, but I have been running .4 for a few weeks around the house on WiFi. I activated it for about 6 hours yesterday, and I received a few calls, some texts, and a voicemail a during this time.. everything worked well. Voicemail notification appeared immediately. I also used some dialer codes and they worked fine. I have noticed on previous stock ROMs that you need to wait 30-60 seconds after booting before trying any dialer codes. Something must take awhile to initialize in the background.

-Mike

That's really interesting. Sometimes my dialer codes work. Other times they don't. I was having a problem getting voicemail in the app. But it was only sometimes. Seems to be working correctly lately, but I wasn't able to use a dialer code correctly this morning.

Is there a change log between .3 and .4?

That's really interesting. Sometimes my dialer codes work. Other times they don't. I was having a problem getting voicemail in the app. But it was only sometimes. Seems to be working correctly lately, but I wasn't able to use a dialer code correctly this morning.

Is there a change log between .3 and .4?

I recall trouble getting dialer codes to work if I was roaming or on the fringe of coverage.. the digits would disappear from the dialer, but nothing else would happen.

As far as changes, I know the issue with data roaming was resolved, but have not seen anything else mentioned. I have not come across any formal changelogs for the JB updates.

I wouldn't be surprised if HTC isn't done releasing updates yet. I reported a few minor issues, and they seemed receptive.

-Mike