LG G Flex 2 [FCC ID ZNFLS996]

NateC

If you look at the 4th picture it shows LTE B17. Does that mean that this phone has this band or is it using B12 to connect to B17?

Wow, I didn't even notice that.  There's a lot more bands listed there than the original bands that were approved/tested in the FCC docs.  Are you able to mess with these settings for these bands at all? 

EDIT2: Hell, it even support Verizon's B13!  This phone is like a Nexus if this is truly the case.  It supports 100% of all the carrier's 2G/3G, and LTE networks.

Wow, I didn't even notice that.  There's a lot more bands listed there than the original bands that were approved/tested in the FCC docs.  Are you able to mess with these settings for these bands at all?

When I select the band it shows me a message box saying: FAIL.

When I select the band it shows me a message box saying: FAIL.

Aww.  Do you happen to have a Verizon SIM that's active?  I'm curious if it'll load the LTE bands before it yells at you for using a device that's not whitelisted.

Aww. Do you happen to have a Verizon SIM that's active? I'm curious if it'll load the LTE bands before it yells at you for using a device that's not whitelisted.

Well I don't live in the US. But I tried Claro and T-Mobile and it connects to both companies LTE bands with success.

• Like 1

i never requested from sprint that they unlock my phone, but twice now in the past month i've had a message pop up on my phone telling me it is now UICC unlocked....

You should try inserting another carrier's Sim and see if it was given a DSU.

i never requested from sprint that they unlock my phone, but twice now in the past month i've had a message pop up on my phone telling me it is now UICC unlocked....

I thought I remember reading that unlocking would be automatic once required conditions were met.

now updated to ZV6! i'll report back once i've had it a day or so and see if i notice any improvements :)

What do you think about the update?

What do you think about the update?

still evaluating battery life and heat, but as far as lag, locking up, and responsiveness go it is 99.9% better! i've just had the slightest bit of lag swiping between home screens every once in awhile, but thats been about it. no lockups so far, even tested scenarios that were guaranteed to lock up before and they all worked OK. and responsiveness is so much better, apps open when i tap on them the first time, especially after unlocking the screen.

as far as heat so far its been better, still a little warm here and there but nothing like before.

today was my first full day on battery. right now i'm at 21% left and have been on battery for 11h 46min, SOT of 2h 50min. google play services is the next highest battery usage at 18%, so i'm guessing it would be better if that hadn't eaten some battery.

• Like 3

there is a ZV5 TOT on XDA forums, but i haven't seen one for ZV4 or ZV6.

Since my phone was rooted, I decided to start fresh with the zv5 TOT but it just sent my phone into a minios bootloop. It stays at the minios booting screen, reboots and keeps repeating the same process.

IMG_20150614_150915.jpg

Since my phone was rooted, I decided to start fresh with the zv5 TOT but it just sent my phone into a minios bootloop. It stays at the minios booting screen, reboots and keeps repeating the same process.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150614_150915.jpg

i want to say that i remember reading someone posted in the ZV5 TOT thread on XDA they had the same issue and there was a way to get out of that but i can't remember what it was. might want to double check that thread.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150614_150915.jpg

When mini os loads you need to press the power button and click the on screen button that says something like normal boot or normal restart and it should start as normal.

When mini os loads you need to press the power button and click the on screen button that says something like normal boot or normal restart and it should start as normal.

That's the big problem, it doesn't even load mini os. This is the process: The phone turns on, it starts loading mini os, something goes wrong and mini os stays loading for a minute or two, the phone reboots and repeats the process again until it discharges.

Look at my post #187, there is a picture of the screen my phone is stuck in.

That's the big problem, it doesn't even load mini os. This is the process: The phone turns on, it starts loading mini os, something goes wrong and mini os stays loading for a minute or two, the phone reboots and repeats the process again until it discharges.

Look at my post #187, there is a picture of the screen my phone is stuck in.

See if you can get back into download mode again by plugging in the usb and holding volume up as soon as it reboots.  If that fails let the battery drain and try to get into download mode after it dies completely.  The only thing that comes to mind is you need to get back into download mode and redo the flash.

See if you can get back into download mode again by plugging in the usb and holding volume up as soon as it reboots. If that fails let the battery drain and try to get into download mode after it dies completely. The only thing that comes to mind is you need to get back into download mode and redo the flash.

I have reflashed it so many times and it's still the same. Any other ideas?

Quick question for the GF2 owners: with this phone, and lollipop, do you get a list style of notifications on the lock screen? If you get a text, will the message be on the lock screen, and does it light up the screen? I'm probably buying this phone soon, and I'm an iPhone user, so I'm used to having all my notifications light up the screen (easier to see while driving), and this is a big factor as to whether I'll daily drive the phone, or have it as a side device.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Quick question for the GF2 owners: with this phone, and lollipop, do you get a list style of notifications on the lock screen? If you get a text, will the message be on the lock screen, and does it light up the screen? I'm probably buying this phone soon, and I'm an iPhone user, so I'm used to having all my notifications light up the screen (easier to see while driving), and this is a big factor as to whether I'll daily drive the phone, or have it as a side device.

Sent from my iPhone 6

the message will be on the lock screen depending on how many other things are on there. initially it will show the message but then other notifications take over and there will just be a message icon. i don't think i have ever seen it turn the screen on when getting a text though. while at work i have my phone on vibrate and when i get a text it just vibrates and the little indicator light will flash every few seconds, but no screen turn on.

the message will be on the lock screen depending on how many other things are on there. initially it will show the message but then other notifications take over and there will just be a message icon. i don't think i have ever seen it turn the screen on when getting a text though. while at work i have my phone on vibrate and when i get a text it just vibrates and the little indicator light will flash every few seconds, but no screen turn on.

Is there a way you can test it out for me? Also, do all notifications end up on the lock screen? On my last android (M8/August 2014) I would get a notification, and only hear the sound, have to reach and unlock my phone, pull down the notification shade just to see what it was. That's not safe in a 70,000lb truck driving down the road. Also, is there a "do not disturb" mode, and can the camera flash be enabled to flash on a notification or a phone call? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

• 3 weeks later...