LG G Flex 2 [FCC ID ZNFLS996]

NateC

Update from my end, as well: had to finally get rid of mine after spending HOURS working with Sprint trying to get it fixed. Dropping calls like a mofo. Sprint couldn't figure out why, but apparently a somewhat widespread issue with the G Flex 2, at least in this area. So did not swap it for another. Also got to be quite laggy; would reset, then laggy again after a few days. Again, no determinable cause. Can't recommend this device now, as much as I want to. :(

my replacement phone came in yesterday so i went to pick it up. I was able to get updated to the ZV5 update and it has made a ton of difference so far! i've only had it since last night but lag when scrolling home screens and switching between apps has been greatly reduced! i still see one spot of lag on mine when i scroll the home screen after having certain apps open, but its so much better overall i can live with that.

if this phone had better QA for the screen issues and had come out with the ZV5 update already applied the reviews and user experience would have been much better! unfortunately i feel like the damage has been done already :(

a couple of things to note on this one. my one i traded it had poor B41 performance compared to my original Flex. I'm not sure if it was the ZV5 update or something with this new phone but so far it *appears* that B41 performance is better. not quite original Flex better, but almost there. I need to do some more testing to be sure but it looks better so far. 

on last thing i noticed, probably doesn't mean anything but i thought it was interesting. When i first got this phone i went into ##DATA# and checked the LTE settings and verified they were all default and LTE roaming and CA were turned off. After i was all done activating, restoring, and updating my phone i went back in there to check the LTE settings and LTE roaming had gotten turned on. Not sure if it was the ZV5 update or one of the many profile updates i did, but thought that was interesting.

• Like 1

I ended up buying another G Flex 2. lol. Working a lot better than my first, but man oh man does the battery drain fast. May exchange this one.

lol! it is a really great phone, just wish it came out of the gate with the update and better QA to get rid of the lemons :/

i tend to use my phone a lot so it makes it appear that the battery drains fast, but really when i check the stats i'm getting anywhere from 3 to 4 hours of screen on time, which is pretty good/standard anymore. if/when i do leave it alone the standby time is great. i posted a screenshot early on where i left my phone unplugged overnight after it charged to 100% and 8 hours later it was still at 100%!

couple more observations for those following along :D

i don't know if it was the new radio with the ZV5 software update, or if my previous phone i did B41 testing with had issues, but on this latest phone with the ZV5 update B41 performance is much better and pretty much matches what i observed with my original Flex. I did testing at my daughters dance the other night where before i would lose B41 by putting my hand over the back of my phone, this time not only was the signal better, but my hand placement didn't affect signal at all. so thats good.

as to the phone getting warm/hot and overheating i've found that its using the radios that causes the phone to heat up the most. I can play any number of games and the phone barely gets warm, but download some app updates or do a few speed tests and it will start warming up and lowering the screen brightness due to temperature increase. it doesn't matter if its 3G, LTE, or wifi, any kind of sustained data activity is what causes it to heat up.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't get it...... It's still really laggy and gets hot a lot. I would stay away, glad I'm only stick with it for a year.... Going to be a long year though....

Okay. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g-flex2/general/heads-sprint-version-getting-5-1-june-t3126641

according to that the 5.1.1/ZV6 update is supposed to start rolling to our phones next monday. i seriously can't wait to see how this update performs. so far ALL of the posts of read from the European version of the phone that have received the update say all the lag and heat are gone and battery and everything is much better.

i hope we have the same experience cause this phone sucks so bad right now  :wacko:

• Like 1

Just got this device. I just have one question: is this phone capable of being domestic Sim unlocked by Sprint?

Ignore my question. Sprint just Domestic Sim Unlocked my LG G Flex 2 and can confirm my device is connecting successfully to AT&T B17.

AT&T-B17.jpg

Speedtest-AT&T.jpg

• Like 1

I have only had the Flex 2 since Saturday got the update Monday afternoon. There is no lag at all.

ugh i hate you ;) j/k i haven't gotten it yet :( were you having issues before? good to hear the lag is gone, that was killer.... hows the battery life and heat?

It's like a different phone.  No lag, no heat issues.  Like I said only had it for a couple of days before the update, it got warm before but nothing after the update.  As far as signal my nexus 6 got a little better signal then the flex 2 nut the nexus is a signal beast.

• Like 2

Just got this device. I just have one question: is this phone capable of being domestic Sim unlocked by Sprint?

Ignore my question. Sprint just Domestic Sim Unlocked my LG G Flex 2 and can confirm my device is connecting successfully to AT&T B17.

Interesting.  Sprint's phones should only support B12, not B17.  Looks like you're in a market where AT&T is allowing B12 devices to connect to B17 (I think the term is B12 is a subset of B17?)

now updated to ZV6! i'll report back once i've had it a day or so and see if i notice any improvements :)

Let me know how it goes.  I'm curious if well enough optimization will cure the Snapdragon 810's heating issues (without too much throttling.)

Wow, according to this, it supports HSPA+ on AWS?  That's impressive!  It will literally support T-Mobile's network 100%, and AT&T's network 100% (assuming their market allows for B12 devices to support B17.)

Wow, according to this, it supports HSPA+ on AWS?  That's impressive!  It will literally support T-Mobile's network 100%, and AT&T's network 100% (assuming their market allows for B12 devices to support B17.)

If you look at the 4th picture it shows LTE B17. Does that mean that this phone has this band or is it using B12 to connect to B17?

• Like 1