LG G Flex 2 [FCC ID ZNFLS996]

NateC

• 2 weeks later...

went into a sprint store today to preorder my flex 2 (since HTC isn't doing a MAX :( ) and they had display units out already so got to play around with it a little bit.

took some debug and data screens for you all :)

20150302_104921.jpg

20150302_104931.jpg

20150302_104900.jpg

20150302_104907.jpg

20150302_104851.jpg

• Like 7

went into a sprint store today to preorder my flex 2 (since HTC isn't doing a MAX :( ) and they had display units out already so got to play around with it a little bit.

/flex2/20150302_104851.jpg[/img][/url]

LTE Roaming and CA will be activated via software update when sprint is ready.
  • Like 2

20150302_104931.jpg

The SCC signal metrics are very nice.  I was concerned that engineering screens would not be updated to display carrier aggregation.

AJ

• Like 6

as far as i've been able to see, unless you are rooted on your samsung phone you can't get to the debug screen. on the LG phones its just the standard ##DEBUG# and ##DATA#

• Like 3

LTE Roaming and CA will be activated via software update when sprint is ready.

Perhaps in the meantime they can be manually enabled?

as far as i've been able to see, unless you are rooted on your samsung phone you can't get to the debug screen. on the LG phones its just the standard ##DEBUG# and ##DATA#

My S4 is currently un-rooted and can access those screens. I'm also still able to do other things like flash PRL's without root.

That said, my phone's always been a bit of an odd beast. It was originally a PLBL (wholesale) model, which has the benefit of having no carrier branding or bloatware, but unfortunately (perhaps consequently) certain apps like Sprint Zone & Sensorly don't work correctly :(

I've also played with some newer Samsung phones like the S5 & Note 4 at the Sprint store, and I'm pretty sure that ##DEBUG# at least worked on those, so it may vary from device to device.

Perhaps in the meantime they can be manually enabled?

Nope.

You can try but it won't work. A software update from the manufacturer is required. 

so just came from the Sprint store to check out the G flex on display and the ui lag is quite horrendous! but definitely going to need to do an update before release.

A friend of mine bought one today, and he won't shut up about how great it is.

he had a note 2 previously.

So that's one random opinion.

• Like 1

I happened into the local Sprint store today to try to get a SIM for my on-the-way Nexus 6 (no dice - Sprint really needs to cut down on the number of different SIM SKUs it has), and it seemed like it was being pushed pretty heavily - employees wearing shirts with the Flex emblazoned on them, etc. If it had Qi charging, I might have been sold on it.

• Like 1

Pictures don't do this thing justice. Beautiful device. Works fantastically. No overheating issues at all. Great radios. Will update more as I use it more.

Got mine!!!! Still getting it setup but so far I'm loving it! Still wish it was a 6" screen but I will get used to it :) I'll post some more after I've had some time with it.

I expect a 10 page report on my desk in the morning.  :rasp:

TS out

• Like 4

I'm very interested in hearing battery reports. GSMArena is reporting very medicore battery results compared to other phones with that battery capacity.

small update, worked on getting everything setup last night and had a birthday party today so haven't got to play with it a ton. I was using it a bunch to take pictures and record both UHD and HD videos today. It did get hot while doing the UHD video recording and at one point the video started stuttering. I bumped it down to 1080p HD and it did fine after that. When it was hot it was slowly taking my display brightness down too. I had it at 100% auto and the lowest it got down to was 70% auto and it wouldn't let me set it higher until it cooled off.

i'll post final battery stats from today later tonight once it gets down lower. so far i'm at 36% left, its been on batter for 5h 36 min. screen on time of 1 hour 33 min at 39% and android OS at 15% with CPU total at 44 min and keep awake at 1 hour 26 min.

signal wise i would say its about the same as my flex. hard to compare though since i had to turn my flex back in so i'm trying to go off of memory. B25 might be 1-2 DB better, i was hoping B41 would be better based on the FCC OET test results, but so far B41 appears to be the same.

oh, and if anyone wants their MSL for their phone just follow parts 1 and 2 of this guide here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=47324060 worked perfect for me. you can go one step further and flash a custom PRL with it too if you want.

so far i love it though, i do miss the 6" screen from the flex, but everything else about this phone is way better than the flex, especially the camera! no more grainy photos for this guy ;)

• Like 2

here are the battery stats for today. they did get thrown off a little bit because i had to hook my phone up to my computer while i was rooting it for a few minutes, plus it restarted several times and looks like it threw off some of the stats. anyway, here is what the battery info screen shows.

Screenshot_2015-03-14-19-32-46.png

Screenshot_2015-03-14-19-33-11.png

Screenshot_2015-03-14-19-32-52.png

• Like 1

I'm very interested in hearing battery reports. GSMArena is reporting very medicore battery results compared to other phones with that battery capacity.

Honestly, it's about the same as the G3....not stellar, but not quite as bad as the iPhone 5, 5S, or 6.

• Like 1