CCA/RRPP live date?

Yep. If they so choose.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Wait they aren't required to allow roaming with Sprint? I thought all CCA member were required to allow roaming on their network from all of the other members...

Wait they aren't required to allow roaming with Sprint? I thought all CCA member were required to allow roaming on their network from all of the other members...

CCA us a network members hub that streamlines and centralizes roaming rights negotiations between carriers to a single place so that it's easier and cheaper to strike roaming agreements with each other.

Members can negotiate whatever ether want through the hub.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

CCA us a network members hub that streamlines and centralizes roaming rights negotiations between carriers to a single place so that it's easier and cheaper to strike roaming agreements with each other.

Members can negotiate whatever ether want through the hub.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ok that makes sense. So which members does sprint have agreements with right now?

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4897-LTE---nTelos-(West-Virginia,-N&W-Virginia)-(Shentel-Network-Vision-soon™)#entry440061

I just posted this in the ntelos thread. Has anyone actually connected to another provider's LTE network yet? It appears I connected to ntelos LTE this morning with a Sprint S4T (my work phone). It was a weak signal but I was surprised to see it.

Edit: Can someone fix my link. It's not taking it to my post.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 3

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4897-LTE---nTelos-(West-Virginia,-N&W-Virginia)-(Shentel-Network-Vision-soon[emoji769])#entry440061

I just posted this in the ntelos thread. Has anyone actually connected to another provider's LTE network yet? It appears I connected to ntelos LTE this morning with a Sprint S4T (my work phone). It was a weak signal but I was surprised to see it.

Edit: Can someone fix my link. It's not taking it to my post.

Sent from my Note 4.

Stupid question but would this be on a normal Sprint band (25/26/41)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid question but would this be on a normal Sprint band (25/26/41)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it didn't show up on SCP, I'm not sure what band it was. I think they use band 2 here though.

Sent from my Note 4.

• Like 1

Since it didn't show up on SCP, I'm not sure what band it was. I think they use band 2 here though.

Sent from my Note 4.

I think it is band 2 here in nTelos land but could be wrong though. I'll have to check to be sure. 

Checked it appears that nTelos uses 1900 Band 2 for their LTE network.

SCP will need to be configured by GCI suffix to identify Bands. Once we get enough tracking data from nTelos sites, we can get mikejeep to update nTelos Band info in SCP.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 5

SCP will need to be configured by GCI suffix to identify Bands. Once we get enough tracking data from nTelos sites, we can get mikejeep to update nTelos Band info in SCP.

Mike jeeps program is absolutely beautiful and useful it helps alot with me figuring out band usage in my area

• 2 weeks later...

Does RRPP member get to use Sprint's spectrum? Or it is just a roaming agreement?

Yes, RRPP members get to use Sprint spectrum.

• 2 weeks later...

Sprint has updated their coverage maps for voice and 3G&More - they have a new category for "Roaming+" - Roaming that doesn't count towards your roaming limits, but pulls from your regular plan.  I think that's a great way to present on the maps.

Their FAQ says it will still show as roaming on the phone, but at least recently for me my wife's S5 showed native while mine showed roaming while in one of the roaming+ areas.  (should have been far enough away from the native network to not have that influence)

Heading back down to that area again soon, we'll see what pops up.

Sprint has updated their coverage maps for voice and 3G&More - they have a new category for "Roaming+" - Roaming that doesn't count towards your roaming limits, but pulls from your regular plan. I think that's a great way to present on the maps.

Their FAQ says it will still show as roaming on the phone, but at least recently for me my wife's S5 showed native while mine showed roaming while in one of the roaming+ areas. (should have been far enough away from the native network to not have that influence)

Post signal check screenshots next time you go!

Sprint has updated their coverage maps for voice and 3G&More - they have a new category for "Roaming+" - Roaming that doesn't count towards your roaming limits, but pulls from your regular plan.  I think that's a great way to present on the maps.

Their FAQ says it will still show as roaming on the phone, but at least recently for me my wife's S5 showed native while mine showed roaming while in one of the roaming+ areas.  (should have been far enough away from the native network to not have that influence)

actually been like that for 10 days

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7203-sprint-roaming-coverage-map-update/

• Like 1

I'll be at CCA in Fort Lauderdale next week. I'll see what I hear. The CCA hub is run by TNS. Each participant may enter into an agreement with any other participant. The hub takes care of the signalling and settlement $ between participants. It operates in a similar fashion as a grx exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It is something like nine towers, but their coverage map has LTE roaming listed on USCC coverage map  They are in Kansas.

http://www.uscellular.com/coverage-map/coverage-indicator.html

In Northwestern Kansas, that is Nex-Tech Wireless.

AJ

• Like 1

Why Robert? What is taking them so long? Camping season is coming up soon and I need that US Cellular coverage in central Oregon.

Only way for that to happen is for uscc to sell out to sprint. uscc will never be native due to that uscc still has to compete against sprint.

• 1 month later...

I just stumbled across this SouthernLINC press release from August with a bit more detail on their LTE rollout plans:

• "Mid-2016": Metro Atlanta, I-20 corridor from Atlanta to Birmingham, and Tuscaloosa area.
  • "In 2017": Greater Montgomery and Georgia Power's service territory.
  • "In 2018": All of Southern Company's utility territories.

So it's looking like at least a year before there's going to be significant SouthernLINC LTE coverage that doesn't overlap with Sprint's current coverage area.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I just stumbled across this SouthernLINC press release from August with a bit more detail on their LTE rollout plans:

• "Mid-2016": Metro Atlanta, I-20 corridor from Atlanta to Birmingham, and Tuscaloosa area.
  • "In 2017": Greater Montgomery and Georgia Power's service territory.
  • "In 2018": All of Southern Company's utility territories.

So it's looking like at least a year before there's going to be significant SouthernLINC LTE coverage that doesn't overlap with Sprint's current coverage area.

So what's going on with SouthernLINC?  If I recall correctly they have ~7mhz of SMR spectrum.  Are they deploying 3x3 Band 26 LTE only and keeping some iden channels for voice?  Are they deploying SMR 1x for voice?  I can't imagine they have enough bandwidth for a UMTS channel and LTE.  

Or have they come to an agreement with Sprint on spectrum and/or roaming?  

So what's going on with SouthernLINC? If I recall correctly they have ~7mhz of SMR spectrum. Are they deploying 3x3 Band 26 LTE only and keeping some iden channels for voice? Are they deploying SMR 1x for voice? I can't imagine they have enough bandwidth for a UMTS channel and LTE.

Or have they come to an agreement with Sprint on spectrum and/or roaming?

I think 3x3 LTE is what they're doing in the smr spectrum.