CCA/RRPP live date?

Hello,

Does anyone know when the Roaming agreement will become live so sprint phones can start LTE roaming on its partner networks? I am looking to buy a Nexus 6 as its fully CCA/RRPP compliant. I tried to ask sprint and they just told me to visit the newsroom for updates. its been about 8 months since this was first announced by sprint. 

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

Hello,

Does anyone know when the Roaming agreement will become live so sprint phones can start LTE roaming on its partner networks? I am looking to buy a Nexus 6 as its fully CCA/RRPP compliant. I tried to ask sprint and they just told me to visit the newsroom for updates. its been about 8 months since this was first announced by sprint. 

Thanks,

John

It takes time for stuff to happen.  lol.  Think about how long its taken Sprint to do the NV upgrades.  So I can imagine that it will still be a bit until they actually are fully CCA/RRPP compliant...

It takes time for stuff to happen.  lol.  Think about how long its taken Sprint to do the NV upgrades.  So I can imagine that it will still be a bit until they actually are fully CCA/RRPP compliant...

Hello,  I thought this is the whole point of the CCA/RRPP though.  NV upgrades took a while as sprint had to upgrade there own network. with CCA/RRPP sprint is using another providers network that is already built.

• Like 2

I don't know any dates, but, I assume that, once the network itself is in place, it should be fairly easy to implement. It's just an update to whatever the LTE version of a PRL is, correct? Maybe digiblur can give some insight. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is this program ( thinking mainly of US Cellular ) affected any at all by the 9,000 site expansion plan? Desperately need some US Cellular coverage..

Is this program ( thinking mainly of US Cellular ) affected any at all by the 9,000 site expansion plan? Desperately need some US Cellular coverage..

Not affected at all. And we have been hearing increased chatter about USCC joining the Sprint RRPP lately. Maybe coming soon?
  • Like 4

And next step is a USCC buyout aka ntelos buyout?

Buyout isn't going to happen anytime soon. Uscc has repeatedly said they aren't on the market. But an rrpp partnership would make a buyout seem like much less of a necessity.
  • Like 2

i don't know if it has anything to do with CCA/RRPP or not, but i've been seeing more and more PCI numbers show up in my neighboring cell list that don't belong to sprint. unfortunately all the people i know on other carriers have samsung phones (that don't yet show PCI) so i can't use them to track down the PCI.

it used to be i would see 1 here or 1 there and now its almost everywhere i go i'm seeing new PCI that i hadn't seen before. my main 2 guesses are that its USCC that i'm seeing and it has to do with this going live hopefully soon, or verizon has been installing XLTE around here and as more towers get that i'm somehow seeing the PCI from their towers.

• 3 weeks later...

Buyout isn't going to happen anytime soon. Uscc has repeatedly said they aren't on the market. But an rrpp partnership would make a buyout seem like much less of a necessity.

much less of a necessity? Remember how we lost [native coverage in] Montana?

Lost Montana?

Yes, you did not hear the news?  Mighty Canada invaded.  We were no match for the Mounties, and we lost Montana -- now known as South Alberta.

AJ

• Like 9

• 1 month later...