Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Anyone have any luck accessing the engineering screens on the Nexus 6? The shortcut menu in SCP doesn't work and neither do the dialer codes.

First, what dialer codes have you tried?  And do you have a Sprint SIM in the handset?  Many other SIMs block some/all dialer codes.

Second, go to Google Play and download AnyCut.  Open the app drawer and switch to widgets.  Select AnyCut, then drag and drop to an open spot on a home screen.  Next, from the menu, select Activity.  Scroll down through the hundreds to see what is available.  Look for anything labeled "Debug" or "Engineering."

AJ

• Like 1

First, what dialer codes have you tried? And do you have a Sprint SIM in the handset? Many other SIMs block some/all dialer codes.

Second, go to Google Play and download AnyCut. Open the app drawer and switch to widgets. Select AnyCut, then drag and drop to an open spot on a home screen. Next, from the menu, select Activity. Scroll down through the hundreds to see what is available. Look for anything labeled "Debug" or "Engineering."

AJ

I've used 3282. There was nothing listed in AnyCut either.

I've used 3282.

That is the only dialer code you have tried?  Not ##DEBUG# or *#*#DEBUG#*#*?

AJ

That is the only dialer code you have tried? Not ##DEBUG# or *#*#DEBUG#*#*?

AJ

ya same here it seems like that screen is either well hidden or not included this time. When I called and asked for my MSL they said it was something like 000000 which makes me wonder.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There was nothing listed in AnyCut either.

Well, I refuse to believe that "there was nothing listed."  If you followed my AnyCut instructions, there should have been hundreds of activities listed.  It is just a matter of finding the right one(s).  Many of those hidden APKs are cryptically named, and the names seem to vary by OEM, Android version, etc.

AJ

When I called and asked for my MSL they said it was something like 000000 which makes me wonder.

That means the SPC/MSL is null.  The handset is not locked.

AJ

Does anyone here with the Nexus 6 live in the Lakeland Fl area, curious as to what kind of Download and Upload speeds you are seeing, my Nexus has mostly been holding to B26 here, but Im only seeing average download speeds of about 4Mpbs and upload of less than 1Mbps.

• Like 1

my nexus 5 had a code but either way anycut had tons and tons of links but none related to the engineering screen.

The Nexus 5 on Sprint could be SPC/MSL locked.  That seems to be not the case with the Nexus 6.  In fact, at least one report indicated that it uses CSIM authentication, in which case, programming codes for CDMA1X are no longer needed.

And unless you tried every one of the hundreds of AnyCut activities listed, you cannot be sure that none are related to engineering screens.  If you are looking for just the labels "engineering" or "debug," then you may be overlooking other possibilities.

AJ

The Nexus 5 on Sprint could be SPC/MSL locked.  That seems to be not the case with the Nexus 6.  In fact, at least one report indicated that it uses CSIM authentication, in which case, programming codes for CDMA1X are no longer needed.

And unless you tried every one of the hundreds of AnyCut activities listed, you cannot be sure that none are related to engineering screens.  If you are looking for just the labels "engineering" or "debug," then you may be overlooking other possibilities.

AJ

I found two activites called CDMA options. One took me to a menu with a voice privacy option, and the other seems to have deprovisioned my phone.

EDIT: I've made it through everything on the list, and still no engineering screens. There are several entries that produce shortcuts that simply say "App not installed" when I try to launch them. Someone with a little more knowhow than I is probably going to need to contribute from here.

Hey guys is the Sprint Zone app not compatible with the Nexus 6?  I noticed the N6 is lacking the app.  I liked the new interface they made for it and all that, but it seems its not on the phone.   Oh well the phone is awesome otherwise!  

Plus i am loving how it doesn't slow down when multitasking.  

Only gripe I have is going to be the Battery not being removable/replaceable as well as the non upgradeable memory.  Kinda wish that Sprint would have gone with the 64GB version.  Oh well guess there is always cloud storage for that. 

Oh there is one more thing I noticed.  If i set the phone down on say the floor or my lap, I am losing LTE and dropping down to 3G.  But otherwise handoff isn't to bad.

Yeah, no go on that one either.

*#*#4636#*#* got me into one screen, but its probably not what you are looking for.  It does allow me to change from LTE only, to LTE/CDMA , etc....  But otherwise thats about all i get out of it.

Hey guys is the Sprint Zone app not compatible with the Nexus 6? I noticed the N6 is lacking the app. I liked the new interface they made for it and all that, but it seems its not on the phone. Oh well the phone is awesome otherwise!

Plus i am loving how it doesn't slow down when multitasking.

Only gripe I have is going to be the Battery not being removable/replaceable as well as the non upgradeable memory. Kinda wish that Sprint would have gone with the 64GB version. Oh well guess there is always cloud storage for that.

Oh there is one more thing I noticed. If i set the phone down on say the floor or my lap, I am losing LTE and dropping down to 3G. But otherwise handoff isn't to bad.

I installed the newest one from the thread in the general forum and it wouldn't populate with data.

Also that dialer code does nothing for me, but I am able to access the radio info screen from SCP if that's what it leads to.

I installed the newest one from the thread in the general forum and it wouldn't populate with data.

Also that dialer code does nothing for me, but I am able to access the radio info screen from SCP if that's what it leads to.

yeah same here for the sprint zone app.  So at the very bottom is OEM/Settings greyed out on yours as well?

*#*#4636#*#* got me into one screen, but its probably not what you are looking for.  It does allow me to change from LTE only, to LTE/CDMA , etc....  But otherwise thats about all i get out of it.

That is just the hidden Testing.apk.  It is present and accessible on every Android device from at least the past several years.

AJ

• Like 1

After reading all this, I am assured that when I shed my n5 I will ask an employee to assault me with an n6. That seems to be the way to get a functioning one.

Thanks for being the tester on that one darick. NevAr furget 11/21, the day service died. Sheesh what a hardcore experience to get a 700 odd dollar working product.

• Like 1

After reading all this, I am assured that when I shed my n5 I will ask an employee to assault me with an n6. That seems to be the way to get a functioning one.

Thanks for being the tester on that one darick. NevAr furget 11/21, the day service died. Sheesh what a hardcore experience to get a 700 odd dollar working product.

Well I paid 269ish for it with the 2 year contract.  So not a 700 dollar device, well at least it didnt cost me 700 right now.  And I wouldn't call it assault, I would call it more of a person who shouldn't be working in the customer service field...  All I wanted was a working Nexus 6, and I also wanted the box that goes with it.  She wanted the store to keep my new ones box, and was going to send me home with the old box and new phone.  Which I suppose isn't that big of a deal, but It was just the principle of it.  I wanted the dang box to.  lol.

Wow, $269ish. You are so lucky to get taxed for the $249.99 price. Here in California we get taxed on the full $648 price that is shown on sprint's website even when it says upgrade price of $249.99.

• Like 1

Wow, $269ish. You are so lucky to get taxed for the $249.99 price. Here in California we get taxed on the full $648 price that is shown on sprint's website even when it says upgrade price of $249.99.

Oh yeah totally forgot about the way california does business on cell phones.  I remember reading an article about that a few years ago..  Yes you are correct tax rate is much less out here than it is on the west coast.