Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Guess I'm the only chump here that thinks the 6 is the better value, not sure why other than size alone you'd not want it at $350.

I keep hearing the 5x is the cheapest way to get Fi but when I do the math. It doesn't add up, and that's only a 16gb phone..

I think it is a joke and the moto x pure is going to be unveiled today as the real nexus phone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Google can't make everyone happy. Last year, most people complained that the N6 was too large or too expensive, and they should have made a 5 too. This year they did just that, and some people aren't happy about that either.

It's fine though. The Nexus 5X and 6P aren't for everyone. But the 5X is a great device for the price. Some people will prefer the Moto X, and that's fine too.

In time, I'd like to see the Nexus 5/6 series evolve to be more like the iPhones, in that they are the same device with only size differences. That way the 5 can be a solid device too of equal specs. But the current crop of Nexus phones is far from failure.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 7

I agree somewhat with Robert. make the product line just 2 devices a small 5 incher and a larger 6 incher. But also feel that they should include everything under the sun. If the Nexus line is to be the embodiment of what Android has to offer, then damn it, include everything in it. Include multi-window capability, sd-card support, etc etc.

TS

• Like 2

I agree somewhat with Robert. make the product line just 2 devices a small 5 incher and a larger 6 incher. But also feel that they should include everything under the sun. If the Nexus line is to be the embodiment of what Android has to offer, then damn it, include everything in it. Include multi-window capability, sd-card support, etc etc.

TS

I like multi-window in tablets but I still don't see the point of it in devices. Screens (even the 6 inch screens that are becoming more popular) are simply too small in my opinion to actually be useful.

When multitasking/multiwindow is like this on Android tablets, I'll be happy.OPYFw6g.png

• Like 1

If the Nexus line is to be the embodiment of what Android has to offer, then damn it, include everything in it. Include multi-window capability, sd-card support, etc etc.

TS

I'm not sure that is ever what it was supposed to be though. To me at least, fairly early on the Nexus line became a phone oriented towards developers so they'd always be on the current version of stock android or a version ahead (preview) to develop and test their apps. Occasionally google would introduce new features or would show new things they hoped handset manufacturers using android would incorporate. On the other hand they decided to let consumers by the device as well. You have niche groups like many of us here who are attracted to the Nexus for various reasons be it the pure android experience/no bloat, instant OS updates instead of waiting for months for OEM/carrier updates, or an android phone with a ton of LTE bands, etc.

• Like 2

Installed and running fine so far...for those with the radio fetish the build is MDM9625_104662.22.05.27R

How does it perform? I'm still on the old 95r build from a while ago seems to be the best for Sprint.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I have been running it for 24 hours now...performance/battery wise definitely improvement over 5.1.1  However when it comes to radio it is not nearly as strong as it was on LTE.  It will tend to switch back to 3G a little too easy in some places. 

I have been running it for 24 hours now...performance/battery wise definitely improvement over 5.1.1 However when it comes to radio it is not nearly as strong as it was on LTE. It will tend to switch back to 3G a little too easy in some places.

I'd say the opposite in terms of radio, I have nearly a 10 db improvement on band 41 out in the saint Louis area near my work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I've been mashing check update and nothing yet.

It's a staged rollout, so hitting it more than once per day won't change anything. Google updates the list of devices it's rolling out to only once a day.

Your best bet is to flash the factory image (skipping userdata) if you're unlocked. Or wait until someone posts the OTA URL and flash it manually. The latter is equivalent to receiving the OTA from Google. If the URL isn't up by now, it should be later today.

That being said, Marshmallow is definitely smoother. It could be an illusion from the new animations, but so far I'm liking it better.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

I forgot which nexus device it was but smashing the "CHECK FOR UPDATE" didn't work so I did a hard reset and it sparked to download the update. I think hard resetting it makes it appear to be a new device so it updates immediately. I'm constantly backing up my phone so hard resets aren't a big deal, others may not want to bother.

P.S. I did the hard reset because my device was also acting up. Wasn't solely to get the update.

Edited by HTCandroid
  • Like 1

I'd say the opposite in terms of radio, I have nearly a 10 db improvement on band 41 out in the saint Louis area near my work.

A 10dB increase? That is a huge swing in signal. Radio tweeks are not going to make that kind of a difference. I would wager on an adjustment at the cell site, or perhaps a new site coming online to make that kind of difference. 

A 10dB increase? That is a huge swing in signal. Radio tweeks are not going to make that kind of a difference. I would wager on an adjustment at the cell site, or perhaps a new site coming online to make that kind of difference.

That would be most excellent too ;). But I've been seeing -82 when usually am in the 90s to low 100s

That would be most excellent too ;). But I've been seeing -82 when usually am in the 90s to low 100s

Have you confirmed with SCP that you are on the same site that you had previously been connected to?

• Like 1

Have you confirmed with SCP that you are on the same site that you had previously been connected to?

I can look tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it was the same one as always. The speed didn't bump much even with the drastic bump in signal.