Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

Really? Now ask yourself why google would make a device that supports Sprint on one device and not on the other?

Why?  Hua-why, that is why.  Google does not make the device -- Huawei does.  And it may very well have full Sprint band support.  But has there ever been a Huawei handset on Sprint previously?  Do not count your chickens before they are hatched.

AJ

• Like 3

Why? Hua-why, that is why. Google does not make the device -- Huaweii does. And it may very well have full Sprint band support. But has there ever been a Huaweii handset on Sprint previously? Do not count your chickens before they are hatched.

AJ

Normally I wouldn't but this time around I'm cracking the eggs and cooking them before they hatch. Hehe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Selling my Nexus 6 if anyone is interested. First come first serve $250.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Wow, I was able to sell mine for $300 a few weeks ago.  Glad I got top dollar.

• Like 1

It's harder now that eBay and amazon are so close to those prices.

I also didn't mention I sold it to my son.    :clap:

• Like 2

Why?  Hua-why, that is why.  Google does not make the device -- Huawei does.  And it may very well have full Sprint band support.  But has there ever been a Huawei handset on Sprint previously?  Do not count your chickens before they are hatched.

AJ

Yeah, there is no certainty.  But I would be shocked if it didn't support Sprint.

• Like 1

You practically robbed him lol.

At the time, that was fair price on a mint condition unit.  I knew the prices were going to collapse as Sept. 29 got closer.  I wanted to get the highest price I could so I could afford either a Moto X PE or Nexus 5X.  I've had to dump thousands of dollars on car repairs this summer.  I can only scrounge up a few hundred for a new device.  Selling my Nexus 6 was the only way to make this work.  I have been using my BBZ30 since selling it.  Talk about going backward.

At the time, that was fair price on a mint condition unit. I knew the prices were going to collapse as Sept. 29 got closer. I wanted to get the highest price I could so I could afford either a Moto X PE or Nexus 5X. I've had to dump thousands of dollars on car repairs this summer. I can only scrounge up a few hundred for a new device. Selling my Nexus 6 was the only way to make this work. I have been using my BBZ30 since selling it. Talk about going backward.

I never would have imagined it would have dropped by $350 in less than a year. It did not hold value well. That's why it had to go.

I never would have imagined it would have dropped by $350 in less than a year. It did not hold value well. That's why it had to go.

It dropped slow in the beginning.  It was still $400-$500 in May when I finally bought it.  But it steadily dropped since then.

It dropped slow in the beginning. It was still $400-$500 in May when I finally bought it. But it steadily dropped since then.

Must not have been very popular. They told me at the Sprint store they only sold 1-2 a month.

Must not have been very popular. They told me at the Sprint store they only sold 1-2 a month.

AT&T store in my city, one lady said they never sold one Nexus 6 that she was aware of and she only sold one Moto X 2014.  Activating mine was the first one she had dealt with.

• Like 1

AT&T store in my city, one lady said they never sold one Nexus 6 that she was aware of and she only sold one Moto X 2014.  Activating mine was the first one she had dealt with.

May be why they are eliminating store / carrier versions altogether and just going with online sales.  Surprises me really, people always ask me what phone I have and want to get more information on it...  Oh well.

May be why they are eliminating store / carrier versions altogether and just going with online sales. Surprises me really, people always ask me what phone I have and want to get more information on it... Oh well.

Confirmed that this is exactly what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Confirmed that this is exactly what they are doing.

I worded my post poorly.  I meant it was surprising that the Nexus devices do not get more love at local stores.  Most people ask about my phone / seem intrigued, yet I have always heard they do not do well when it comes to sales.

As an aside, no wireless charging is quite lame.

No optical image stabilization, no wireless charging. I went and just got a note 5. Love it so far.

OIS not needed.  wireless charging prob not possible with the metal casing, but it does have usb type-c which means blast fast charging!  6P for me, just ordered...

• Like 5

OIS not needed. wireless charging prob not possible with the metal casing, but it does have usb type-c which means blast fast charging! 6P for me, just ordered...

I ordered a 5x and Chromecast for the hell of it.

• Like 1

OIS not needed.  wireless charging prob not possible with the metal casing, but it does have usb type-c which means blast fast charging!  6P for me, just ordered...

I had a hard time with accepting no wireless charging because I have multiple wireless chargers but it is slow and does make the device get pretty warm.  The fingerprint scanner, 128GB storage and CA x2 are what sold me. I  think I found an option to replace my desktop chargers and then use the zsnaps (when I get them) could make the plugging up part easy and fast.  Somehow I got mine ordered today, I won't see it until November but that's cool with me.

• Like 1

I had a hard time with accepting no wireless charging because I have multiple wireless chargers but it is slow and does make the device get pretty warm. The fingerprint scanner, 128GB storage and CA x2 are what sold me. I think I found an option to replace my desktop chargers and then use the zsnaps (when I get them) could make the plugging up part easy and fast. Somehow I got mine ordered today, I won't see it until November but that's cool with me.

Not slow on the note 5 fast wirless charging is where its at.

• Like 1

Not slow on the note 5 fast wirless charging is where its at.

How is the heat on the Note 5 When charging? Does it charge through a case? I had a tylt and it did charge through most cases on my Nexus 6.  On multiple occasions with other wireless chargers I seen the temp get up to 45 C.

How is the heat on the Note 5 When charging? Does it charge through a case? I had a tylt and it did charge through most cases on my Nexus 6. On multiple occasions with other wireless chargers I seen the temp get up to 45 C.

It gets warm but never to hot to hold. That's why the wireless charger has a built in fan.