Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

IIRC the N6 uses an AMOLED screen, so that's normal. (And it's the reason I prefer a nice LCD over an AMOLED. I love the recent Moto hardware design, but AMOLEDs really make me question it.)

This is my first AMOLED phone. I've read about burn-in but never actually saw it in person until now. Going forward, I agree about preferring LCD. I literally love everything else about the phone.

• Like 2

Not sure if this has already been brought up but is anyone else experiencing burn-in on the top and bottom of their N6?

When the Nexus 6 was first released there were a bunch of reports of burn in. Personally I have not seen any burn in on my device.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

There used to be an app to invert the colors to reverse the burn in or use a white background.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I have never had luck with those apps. I tried one on a demo phone once. It ran for hours and made no difference. They may ave worked on older AMOLED screens, but I don't think they do anymore.

Sent from my Sprint LG G4

• Like 2

I have it on the top and bottom. Much worse on the bottom though.

Same. A lot more noticeable on the bottom. The icons on the top make it less noticeable to me.

There used to be an app to invert the colors to reverse the burn in or use a white background.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I've tried an app that did that and a 10 hour long youtube video that rotated colors with no luck.

I have to just deal with it which isn't that big of a deal. Still give the phone 5/5 stars.

• Like 1

Same. A lot more noticeable on the bottom. The icons on the top make it less noticeable to me.

I've tried an app that did that and a 10 hour long youtube video that rotated colors with no luck.

I have to just deal with it which isn't that big of a deal. Still give the phone 5/5 stars.

You would have to keep the colors inverted for days to fix it. They say 8-15 hours but that's not proven.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loving my Nexus 6, but I see no reason to go for this year's Huawei Nexus. I wish that Google would have kept the larger screen and dual speakers going forward. If the N6 had better screen brightness it would be in my hands for a very long time.

They will both have front facing speakers. The nexus 6 is a great device. Still no lag its lagged on me a few times in the 10 months that I have had it but overall it's a rf champ, good speakers, stock Android and great specs. Can't ask for much else. I'm just mad that on Sprint I owe $430 on my nexus 6 but on amazon you can get it brand new for $350. Talk about a ripoff. Google priced the nexus 6 to high
  • Like 2

My wife likes things big, so she ordered a nexus 6 off Amazon, $400 for 64gb. I'm waiting to see what the new nexus devices bring, seems like the specs aren't going to be that much better than the 6

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For those that are interested in the new N6P, we do have a thread for it, but I don't think its getting a lot of attention due to the fact that its tucked away under "misc" but regardless here are the links...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/09/22/exclusive-here-is-the-nexus-6p-in-all-its-glory-front-and-back/

SGRU link...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7133-rumor-huawei-nexus-phone/

I recently noticed that I connected to a tower with a "squared" symbol.  Does that mean carrier aggregation?  If so, I thought the Nexus 6 was NOT on the list of devices that work with Carrier Aggregation?

d8fSykPl.png

It means that you have found a second carrier of B41.  But it is not using two at the same time.  It will use one or the other.  As you say, the Nexus 6 does not support Carrier Aggregation on Sprint.

• Like 2

It means that you have found a second carrier of B41. But it is not using two at the same time. It will use one or the other. As you say, the Nexus 6 does not support Carrier Aggregation on Sprint.

I though clear towers don't get second carriers?

Does Florida use Samsung clear gear?

As far as I know all samsung clear gear support up to 4 carriers of B41. But their are 2 different versions, newer ones support CA.

But regardless, even without CA the older ones support a ton of capacity, only once wimax is disabled.

What phone are you going to use then?

Sent from my M8

I sold it already. Nexus 5 for now. I'm going for one of the incoming nexus phones. I already have enough to get 5x but i will probably go for the 6p. Or even the note 5 and just keep my nexus 5 as my main backup phone.

• Like 1

I sold it already. Nexus 5 for now. I'm going for one of the incoming nexus phones. I already have enough to get 5x but i will probably go for the 6p. Or even the note 5 and just keep my nexus 5 as my main backup phone.

What if the 6P doesn't support Sprint? Will you go 5X?

Sent from my M8

What if the 6P doesn't support Sprint? Will you go 5X?

Sent from my M8

Really? Now ask yourself why google would make a device that supports Sprint on one device and not on the other? :rasp:  Pretty sure Sprint will be supported and if not I will get a Note 5.