Google Nexus 6 by Motorola Users Thread

WiWavelength

I went to a Sprint Corporate store today to see a Nexus 6, and they had one on display.  I must say, the screen doesn't seem to be to big for me.  I asked if they had any in stock, and they had one.  I told him I will take but I have a SERO account.  He said that shouldn't be a problem and we might just need to call Telesales to have them add it to your account.  Well he went through the normal process of getting it setup on my account and it appeared that to have passed that critical step of if we needed to call telesales, but for some reason it wouldn't let them add the Nexus 6 to my account with the 2 year upgrade.  For grins. they grabbed a new Note 3 to see if it would accept it, and it would.  The manager gave it a go, but was running into the same problems.  She went in the back and I guess sent out an email to other managers in the area to figure out why it won't let them add this NEXUS 6 to an account.  I mentioned the how I had heard to leave the last digit of the IMEI, but they said it isn't failing at the part where they add the IMEI.  Not sure what exactly is the problem, but they said they will call me once they get if figured out. So I headed home without a Nexus 6 for now, but will give them a call a little later for an update.

Damn... I kind of want to stop by a Sprint store on my way home and grab one, but my wife would kill me. Already bought 3 phones in the last 9 months including the iPhone 6 only 2 months ago. :unsure: but...but...... I miss Android.

Dude I understand

Someone with a 6 or 6+ do the comparisons! We know the 6 and 6+ hold onto b41 for dear life.

The phone looks nice!

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

See I keep hearing that, but mine doesn't! Drops B41 at like -108 every time. My N5 keeps it a bit longer even on its new baseband which isn't that good.

I am thinking it has to do with every site being very new to B41. Maybe it isn't optimized at all.

See I keep hearing that, but mine doesn't! Drops B41 at like -108 every time. My N5 keeps it a bit longer even on its new baseband which isn't that good.

I am thinking it has to do with every site being very new to B41. Maybe it isn't optimized at all.

I can hold onto b41 at -120 and still have around 6-7 download.

Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

Just an update to my Nexus 6 activation issue at a Sprint store.  I called back and they are still having problems, but I found out the issue was that every time they would scan the Nexus 6, it wasn't giving the upgrade discount. So when they scanned it, it would show the cost of the full price of $649, instead of the upgrade price of $249.  They even tried scanning it into another account and it did the same thing.  They think the problem is, the Nexus 6 is so new in the system that it can't apply the upgrade discount.  They said they will try and call back tomorrow and hope to have it resolved in the next day or two.  

I actually still have my nexus 5 for comparisons. I see that the nexus 5 is not as good as the nexus 6 at band 25 or 26. Like he said. I have yet to see the 3G icon yet. Can't test band 41 since the closest spark tower is 80 miles south

Just the usual.

Very nice...  The N5 (at least for me) doesn't show the SNR like my G2 did.  I think I'm going to put my iPhone 6, G2, and N5 up on Swappa and get a N6.  

Since you still have the N5, can you put them both side by side and make sure they are on the same site and sector and post comparisons?  (whenever you get time.  You have a new phone, so I know that is probably the last thing you wanna do ha.)

• Like 1

Very nice... The N5 (at least for me) doesn't show the SNR like my G2 did. I think I'm going to put my iPhone 6, G2, and N5 up on Swappa and get a N6.

Since you still have the N5, can you put them both side by side and make sure they are on the same site and section and post comparisons? (whenever you get time. You have a new phone, so I know that is probably the last thing you wanna do ha.)

Sure I was gonna do it anyway. ;)
  • Like 2

It holds LTE like a beast so far, drove from the Bronx to midtown and back, have no idea what the 3G logo looks like. Have yet to drop to 3G even in an elevator.

B26 performance in particular seems a lot better than my G3.

How does rf compare to the Nexus 5..... Tomorrow I will have mine. Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

So overall what are you guys' impressions?  Glad you got it?  Any hiccups with general performance?  Smooth as butter?

Hope you guys don't mind all the questions.  I went from like 10% likely that I'd buy this device this morning to probably 90%...  Between selling all 3 old devices, I should easily be able to pay this in full and get a little extra back.  I'm going to put the G2 and N5 up on Swappa tomorrow and the iPhone 6 whenever I get my hands on a N6 (if I do in fact end up going this route).

Certainly going to be stopping by a Sprint store tomorrow at some point to play around with one and possibly purchase if they have any in stock.

• Like 2