600 MHz auction results posted and transition schedule

ericdabbs

Wow, T-Mobile really went for it.  They've got 15x15 or 20x20 in all Michigan markets.

Has anyone created a legend of who the random names were buying for?

Found this on Fierce Wireless...

T-Mobile License (T-Mobile)
$7,993,361,993
ParkerB.com Wireless (Dish Network)
$6,211,154,496
CC Wireless Investment (Comcast)
$1,724,877,376
AT&T Spectrum Holdings (AT&T)
$910,202,302
Channel 51 License Co (Channel 51)
$858,704,549
Bluewater Wireless II (Northwood Ventures)
$568,323,225
U.S. Cellular
$328,661,977
NewLevel
$296,546,456
TStar 600 (Northwood Ventures)
$131,317,432
Omega Wireless
$99,737,940

Updated OP post to include more information about the 600 MHz FCC transition Phase schedule and how to determine which Phase(s) your home market is currently allocated to in order to determine the timeline of when the 600 MHz channels are expected to be cleared.

• Like 1

Found this on Fierce Wireless...

T-Mobile License (T-Mobile)

$7,993,361,993

ParkerB.com Wireless (Dish Network)

$6,211,154,496

Compared to what T-Mobile won and how much they paid, Dish got taken for a ride. They overpaid for Nationwide 5x5 and the only place they got more spectrum than T-Mobile is in New York and the Bay Area. For a $2 Billion difference, I would have sacrificed NYC and SF-OAK-SJ for equal or more spectrum in the rest of the US markets and rural 20x20 spectrum. Edited by greenbastard

Compared to what T-Mobile won and how much they paid, Dish got taken for a ride. They overpaid for Nationwide 5x5 and the only place they got more spectrum than T-Mobile is in New York and the Bay Area. For a $2 Billion difference, I would have sacrificed NYC and SF-OAK-SJ for equal or more spectrum in the rest of the US markets and rural 20x20 spectrum.

They went whole hog on NYC and that is almost a third of their outlay.  Looking at the spreadsheet, looks like they got a lot of 10x10 too.

Compared to what T-Mobile won and how much they paid, Dish got taken for a ride. They overpaid for Nationwide 5x5 and the only place they got more spectrum than T-Mobile is in New York and the Bay Area. For a $2 Billion difference, I would have sacrificed NYC and SF-OAK-SJ for equal or more spectrum in the rest of the US markets and rural 20x20 spectrum.

I am not sure what Dish's thinking was there in trying to focus on SF and NYC markets.  What is Dish's footprint for service?  Is it nationwide?  Either way Dish still looks pretty ripe IMO for Tmobile to scoop them up to add more spectrum.

• Like 1

I am not sure what Dish's thinking was there in trying to focus on SF and NYC markets. What is Dish's footprint for service? Is it nationwide? Either way Dish still looks pretty ripe IMO for Tmobile to scoop them up to add more spectrum.

I hope you are right with T-Mobile getting Dish. I'm fully in support of this happening, and it'll be a great deal for T-Mobile customers, especially in the boosting of the 600mhz spectrum to a minimum of 15x15 in most places, with many areas going up to 20x20. Having Dish will give the Chicago area 20x20, which will be simply amazing for the network here. Although, the current 15x15 should be great too.

I hope you are right with T-Mobile getting Dish. I'm fully in support of this happening, and it'll be a great deal for T-Mobile customers, especially in the boosting of the 600mhz spectrum to a minimum of 15x15 in most places, with many areas going up to 20x20. Having Dish will give the Chicago area 20x20, which will be simply amazing for the network here. Although, the current 15x15 should be great too.

I am rooting for the same.  Dish bought 10x10 in the LA/OC/SD regions in California and that would work great alongside the current 15x15 block that Tmobile bought during the 600 MHz auction.  In addition the mid band spectrum in the AWS-3/PCS-H/S-band (B70) will be real useful since Tmobile did not participate much in the AWS-3 auction and is in desperate need of more mid-band spectrum to support LTE/HSPA/GSM operations.

• Like 1