Apple event Oct 16th, new iPads likely

nobius

The video in that link has now been removed.

Damn thing is so thin makes my iPad 3 look like a brick..... Anyway this will be the iPad I upgrade to, since it will have Spark...... My time on Verizon will finally be over....

I keep going back and forth on whether to get an iPad Air with LTE or stick with the WiFi only route like last time.  $130 for GPS and a few rare times where I'm wifiless just doesn't seem worth it.

I keep going back and forth on whether to get an iPad Air with LTE or stick with the WiFi only route like last time. $130 for GPS and a few rare times where I'm wifiless just doesn't seem worth it.

I wish Sprint had cheaper tethering plans...
  • Like 2

Hope the new iPads support LTE Band 41 for Spark. (The current models do not: https://www.apple.com/ipad-air/specs/ and https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/)

It bodes well that the iPhone 6/6 Plus support it.

Maybe Sprint will do an "iPad for Life" Program to match the "iPhone for Life" one....

Edited by ipplanman

Hope the new iPads support LTE Band 41 for Spark. (The current models do not: https://www.apple.com/ipad-air/specs/ and https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini/specs/)

It bodes well that the iPhone 6/6 Plus support it.

Maybe Sprint will do an "iPad for Life" Program to match the "iPhone for Life" one....

I'd assume they won't create a plan like that simply because tablets aren't upgraded on the same cycle as cellphones. But it'd be interesting to see if Sprint releases new, cheaper tablet data plans with the Spark enabled iPads.

Sprint has been in a nice cycle of releasing faster devices, with more ability to suck down data, at lower and lower prices. It's been great for the consumer lately.

I'd assume they won't create a plan like that simply because tablets aren't upgraded on the same cycle as cellphones. But it'd be interesting to see if Sprint releases new, cheaper tablet data plans with the Spark enabled iPads.

Sprint has been in a nice cycle of releasing faster devices, with more ability to suck down data, at lower and lower prices. It's been great for the consumer lately.

I may be in the minority, but it's kind of nice to have a tablet on a separate carrier. I have a work-issued Retina Mini on AT&T -- it's great to have a fallback if needed.

Perhaps Sprint could change the equation on that and encourage people to upgrade more frequently to a new iPad for the right value proposition.

Sprint's tablet data plans definitely need to be revamped. There's nothing about the pricing/tiers that makes them stand out relative to the competition, which is something they can't afford to do right now.

I may be in the minority, but it's kind of nice to have a tablet on a separate carrier. I have a work-issued Retina Mini on AT&T -- it's great to have a fallback if needed.

I did the same thing when I used to have an iPad 2.  I got it with Verizon even though I was a T-Mobile person at the time so I could have two carriers.  

Perhaps Sprint could change the equation on that and encourage people to upgrade more frequently to a new iPad for the right value proposition.

Sprint's tablet data plans definitely need to be revamped. There's nothing about the pricing/tiers that makes them stand out relative to the competition, which is something they can't afford to do right now.

I actually called about this, this week.... Because I have a 10 (25$ - per) line Framily plan with my Brother and Aunt's account on my FID. So as you can imagine I don't want to touch this set-up what-so-ever.

So I called and confirmed that Tablets can actually go on the New Family plans by themselves if needed (no voice lines required).. I plan on doing the 40$ 4gb plan for 2 iPads .. I need find out if they will be exempt from the access charge like phones are. If so this maybe a much better set up than the actual tablet plans themselves.

I hope with the new iPads Sprint will either revamp their tablet plans, or will scrap tablet plans altogether and solidify Family Share is for all devices.

I actually called about this, this week.... Because I have a 10 (25$ - per) line Framily plan with my Brother and Aunt's account on my FID. So as you can imagine I don't want to touch this set-up what-so-ever.

So I called and confirmed that Tablets can actually go on the New Family plans by themselves if needed (no voice lines required).. I plan on doing the 40$ 4gb plan for 2 iPads .. I need find out if they will be exempt from the access charge like phones are. If so this maybe a much better set up than the actual tablet plans themselves.

All new tablet lines are expemt until 2016. They have to be bought on easy pay or full msrp. No 2 year contracts.
  • Like 1

All nee tablet lines are expemt until 2016. They have to bought on easy pay or full msrp. No 2 year contracts.

Thanks for that, just what I needed to know. I will be buying my 2 iPads directly from Apple since I will get better financing terms through that channel. 

I hope with the new iPads Sprint will either revamp their tablet plans, or will scrap tablet plans altogether and solidify Family Share is for all devices.

I hope they don't scrap individual tablet plans. I still use them.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I wish Sprint had cheaper tethering plans...

Tethering included in the nonunlimited plans....

I can't ever see myself being pried away from unlimited. :)

I thought about getting the 20 gig family plan just for a hotspot and/or tablets.

I keep forgetting that this event is tomorrow.

Me too. I'm no where near as excited as I was for the 6....

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

I'm excited for all Apple events, but I won't be watching until the rerun posts because I have a ton of schoolwork due by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

• Like 1