Windows 10 (Yes, You Heard That Right)

caspar347

Well, it's been announced.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/30/6868695/microsoft-windows-10-announced-official

And I'm actually excited. Why?

VRG_1062.jpg

VRG_1080.jpg

It looks like Microsoft is trying to do the "continuous client," which is a concept that I've always been really fascinated with. They stated that they want to create an OS with a UI/UX that adapts based on screen sizes and keyboard or touch rather than separate OS versions for different devices.

Discuss!

Also, liveblog here: http://live.theverge.com/microsoft-windows-9-event-live-blog/

• Like 1

Windows Vista was junk then came Windows 7 was solid and I will stay put on there then Windows 8 came out and it was junk so Windows 10 will or should be the Windows 7.

Windows XP was good

Windows ME was the worst piece of junk ever

Windows 98 was good

Windows 95 was meh

Windows 3.1 (and 3.11) was solid

Windows 3.0 was meh

I can't comment on Windows 2 or 1.

Windows XP was good

Windows ME was the worst piece of junk ever

Windows 98 was good

Windows 95 was meh

Windows 3.1 (and 3.11) was solid

Windows 3.0 was meh

I can't comment on Windows 2 or 1.

You know I beta tested Windows ME in the early days of it and I liked it better than Windows 98 First & 2nd Edition. I have every Windows OS from Windows 1.0 thru Windows 8.1 on a Blu-Ray Disc here with ALL flavors and on top of that all MS-DOS. Out of all the Windows you mention I like Windows XP the most before Windows 7 came out which Windows 7 is now 1st on my list then Windows XP then Windows ME.

• Like 2

8.1 works excellent for me. Im excited for the new software. I'll be loading the preview on my laptop as soon as its available tomorrow lol.

I think I'll download and try the preview. Hopefully it's not as much of a space hog as Windows 7 and 8.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I think I'll download and try the preview. Hopefully it's not as much of a space hog as Windows 7 and 8.

I'm assuming it will be slightly bigger than 8. New versions of windows always seem to increase in size.. But I'm looking forward to see what they've find with the new start menu.

I'm assuming it will be slightly bigger than 8. New versions of windows always seem to increase in size.. But I'm looking forward to see what they've find with the new start menu.

One thing I don't like one bit, the late 2015 release date.

And if Apple can downsize their OS for performance enhancements, then Microsoft should have figured it out by now, but with the same OS running on a plethora of devices, I suppose you're right on the bigger space usage this time around too.

And if Apple can downsize their OS for performance enhancements, then Microsoft should have figured it out by now, but with the same OS running on a plethora of devices, I suppose you're right on the bigger space usage this time around too.

I was hoping for an early 2015 release date.. So I could get a free copy before I graduate...[emoji17] that lines up with their current October release schedule they've had. but they might have figured out how to downsize by excluding unnecessary things during the install.. Well see how the preview looks tomorrow.

One thing I missed at first ,when I got a windows 8 laptop, was the start menu. After a few weeks I found I never even used the start menu on my windows 7 desktop. But now they sort of combined windows 7 and 8 from the looks of it. This should be very interesting.

I'm pretty sure the install size for 8.1 is smaller than Windows 8.

Windows Vista was junk then came Windows 7 was solid and I will stay put on there then Windows 8 came out and it was junk so Windows 10 will or should be the Windows 7.

I still dont see whats wrong with vista. to my vista and 7 were basically the same just some ui changes. 

• Like 4

I have heard that Word has thousands of line of code that nobody knows what they do, but they don't want to remove it because they are afraid it can break something.

I can only imagine how bad an entire operating system could be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still dont see whats wrong with vista. to my vista and 7 were basically the same just some ui changes.

7 was a lot more stable. I was very happy with the performance boost over vista, even on an ancient Intel Core Duo.

• Like 2

I have heard that Word has thousands of line of code that nobody knows what they do, but they don't want to remove it because they are afraid it can break something.

I can only imagine how bad an entire operating system could be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's why it's sometimes necessary to re-write the program to optimize the lines of code. So it sounds like they have lines of code that may or may not be useless from probably back when Office 2001 was around. I think Microsoft needs to make some major changes.

• Like 3