iOS 8 Released

nobius

I had to turn off Swiftkey because it wouldn't work with Tweetbot. I've seen somewhere that you can't use third party keyboards for passwords for security reasons.

Apparently some apps just don't see the third party keyboards as well.

It's not like Apple to half-ass anything, but this is frustrating to be honest.

• Like 2

Apparently some apps just don't see the third party keyboards as well.

It's not like Apple to half-ass anything, but this is frustrating to be honest.

To be fair, tweetbot on iPad hasn't been updated to iOS 7/8 look for a while.

To be fair, tweetbot on iPad hasn't been updated to iOS 7/8 look for a while.

I'm running into this problem more and more though with even normal Apple apps like Mail. It's almost as if the OS hasn't had a chance to "load" the keyboard when I run it.

Anyone else having a problem with aftermarket keyboards do not appear or "stick"?

I have swiftkey installed, and depending on the application, it will either load a lousy default Apple keyboard, or Swiftkey.

Kinda annoying that I have to keep going to the settings whenever texting to switch keyboards.

I had this issue playing around on my 5s yesterday. I uninstalled it because of that and went back to the apple keyboard. You could just completely delete the english keyboard from your phone, along with the other one and it might fix it???

I had this issue playing around on my 5s yesterday. I uninstalled it because of that and went back to the apple keyboard. You could just completely delete the english keyboard from your phone, along with the other one and it might fix it???

I tried that, and randomly you'll see a generic apple keyboard without correction pop up.

I'm using SwiftKey and only get the generic apple keyboard on password pages.

This actually makes sense from a security point of view.  I also noticed you can't access third party keyboards from the lock-screen.  

• Like 3

So, I need some help. I last used my iPhone 5s on 7.1.2, and ran an iCloud backup. It's not allowing me to restore that backup on my 6 with 8.0. Can you only restore from the same iOS version? Also, I can't seem to get my photo stream back. I've tried disabling/re-enabling that feature, and nothing appears in my "photos" app. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 6

So, I need some help. I last used my iPhone 5s on 7.1.2, and ran an iCloud backup. It's not allowing me to restore that backup on my 6 with 8.0. Can you only restore from the same iOS version? Also, I can't seem to get my photo stream back. I've tried disabling/re-enabling that feature, and nothing appears in my "photos" app. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 6

Photostream pictures are only stored for thirty days.

My wife had issues restoring an iCloud backup on her six. Sounds like just another bug in Ios8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone 6

Sounds like a bug. I restored from a back up on my computer, and not iCloud this time...because the stupid rep set my phone up for me. Anywhoooooooo, there is no reason this should be happening. An iOS 8 bug sounds more like the culprit here....

Sheesh Apple, if iOS 8 wasn't ready for public release, people would've been JUST FINE waiting a week or so extra for a more stable version to be pushed. 

Sent from my iPhone 6

Did you sign into the correct iCloud account for Photostream first?

Of course. I only have 1 iCloud account. This is frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone 6

You can only restore from an iTunes backup to a lower version of iOS (8.0.1 to 8.0, for instance).

You can only restore from an iTunes backup to a lower version of iOS (8.0.1 to 8.0, for instance).

That's the answer I was looking for. So you can't go 7.1.2 --> 8.0.2. I basically have my phone manually put back together, and my pictures/videos are on my laptop, so I guess I'll survive. My plan B was that I read Apple is still signing 7.1.2, so I could downgrade, restore, upgrade, and backup. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone 6