$80 service credit per line offer for one year contract extension

kyle_4thousand

Hey everyone I wanted to bring this up because I haven't seen this being discussed anywhere else. Feel free to merge this with another topic if needed.

So basically I noticed when I logged onto my sprint.com account today that clicking on my "contract details" I was offered to extend for 1 year and receive an $80 credit for each line on my ED1500 plan. It looks to be a loyalty perk of some sort, and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

I haven't signed up for the credit yet because I'm afraid it might affect my upgrade eligibility, since we are all almost due for new phones. If it doesn't impact it, this seems like a hell of a deal they are offering current customers!

2d569aca97dec80b325141e11efc68bd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Hey everyone I wanted to bring this up because I haven't seen this being discussed anywhere else. Feel free to merge this with another topic if needed.

So basically I noticed when I logged onto my sprint.com account today that clicking on my "contract details" I was offered to extend for 1 year and receive an $80 credit for each line on my ED1500 plan. It looks to be a loyalty perk of some sort, and I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

I haven't signed up for the credit yet because I'm afraid it might affect my upgrade eligibility, since we are all almost due for new phones. If it doesn't impact it, this seems like a hell of a deal they are offering current customers!

*pic snip*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So is the deal they give you $80 to not get a new phone? or is it just open ended?

So is the deal they give you $80 to not get a new phone? or is it just open ended?

I'm not sure honestly. I skimmed through the terms and conditions and I don't believe it mentioned anything about upgrade eligibility. I hope it is open ended, that would be fantastic. If it is, we would be able to get a $400 dollar credit and 5 discounted phones when all is said and done.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure honestly. I skimmed through the terms and conditions and I don't believe it mentioned anything about upgrade eligibility. I hope it is open ended, that would be fantastic. If it is, we would be able to get a $400 dollar credit and 5 discounted phones when all is said and done.

That's outstanding! Hopefully this is the loyalty program for sticking it out during the rip & replace headaches.

• Like 1

I cant speak to this specific situation but contract date and upgrade date can be completely separate. Up to recently when you renewed your employer discount it extended the contract on all your lines 2 years and did not change upgrade dates.

I have a single, ED450 line on my account and my contract ends almost exactly two months after yours, and I'm not seeing that offer in my account. I wonder what the requirements are.

You generally have to take this offer before you upgrade. I had took it a few times when I didn't upgrade immediately when it becomes available.

For example, I had force my way out of a contract a few months ago, as soon as the Sprint rep ended my contact, the 80 offer appear on my account asking me to sign up for a contract. I guess the system didn't know I was fully intent on leaving on that particular number.

• Like 1

Service credits for renewing your contract has been around for years. They're even available in store (they were when I worked for Sprint in 2009). Certain customers are available for multiple options when it comes to credits once they're out of contract.

Options were:

• One month free
  • $75 Credit (Sometimes per line)
  • $35 Credit

There were more options but I don't remember everything from 5+ years ago.

• Like 1