Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

I'm sitting across from a clear site and this is my engineering screen and speed test is less than 1?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Why does your status bar show you being connected to 3G, not LTE?

Looks like you were connected to the clear site but disconnected the rsrp is 0 in your screenshot. I have been disconnected from lte for 5 hours and engineering still shows as connected but it is just stale data. rsrp will have your signal strength value if connected.

Looks like you were connected to the clear site but disconnected the rsrp is 0 in your screenshot. I have been disconnected from lte for 5 hours and engineering still shows as connected but it is just stale data. rsrp will have your signal strength value if connected.

I know the rsrp was 0 I don't get how I could be that close and have no signal? I was stationary as well? I have yet to connect to a clear site and have a use able data signal it shows up in engineering screen but rsrp is always 0?

Network optimizer or whatever it's called turned on? It'll do that.

I turned that off, in the hope that it would help, but no luck.  I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.  It seems like it just gets turned off once it isn't being used, but I always have to manually turn it back on.  I would not mind too much if it went off and on by itself.  The weather faces for Android Wear don't work well, and neither do the location-based weather apps on the phone.  Not to mention Map, Waze, Inrix Traffic, etc.  I feel like I have no choice but to do a factory reset and slowly add things back to find the culprit.  Sigh.

I know the rsrp was 0 I don't get how I could be that close and have no signal? I was stationary as well? I have yet to connect to a clear site and have a use able data signal it shows up in engineering screen but rsrp is always 0?

Does your signal strength show up in SCP logs for the site? You were connected to a clearwire site so it should show in the logs. You can check the strongest signal location to find where to stand to check speed. I know the 8t8r sites around me are not pointing down enough so the signal gets weaker as you get closer to the site. I get a better signal when I am elevated and farther away from band 41.

Does your signal strength show up in SCP logs for the site? You were connected to a clearwire site so it should show in the logs. You can check the strongest signal location to find where to stand to check speed. I know the 8t8r sites around me are not pointing down enough so the signal gets weaker as you get closer to the site. I get a better signal when I am elevated and farther away from band 41.

That's a good point I will take a look at it this afternoon!l.

I turned that off, in the hope that it would help, but no luck. I can't find any rhyme or reason to it. It seems like it just gets turned off once it isn't being used, but I always have to manually turn it back on. I would not mind too much if it went off and on by itself. The weather faces for Android Wear don't work well, and neither do the location-based weather apps on the phone. Not to mention Map, Waze, Inrix Traffic, etc. I feel like I have no choice but to do a factory reset and slowly add things back to find the culprit. Sigh.

Having same issue with connection optimizer off or on. My wife has hers with optimizer on and she never has this issue but I do. Good to see at least I'm not the only one.

Someone in xda said that it was a Samsung or Android thing to conserve battery and it is supposed to go on and off as needed, but it doesn't always turn back on for me. Sometimes it does other times I have to manually turn it back on. I'm not rooted either.

Edited by troyd96

Having same issue with connection optimizer off or on. My wife has hers with optimizer on and she never has this issue but I do. Good to see at least I'm not the only one.

Someone in xda said that it was a Samsung or Android thing to conserve battery and it is supposed to go on and off as needed, but it doesn't always turn back on for me. Sometimes it does other times I have to manually turn it back on. I'm not rooted either.

I turned off connection optimizer and then went into the wifi advanced settings and unchecked "always allow scanning" and "smart network switch." If you havent already, try doing that and see if it helps.

Sent from my Note 4.

I haven't tried disabling connections optimizer yet, and will give it a try, but I have noticed the same thing.   A couple of times while navigating in the bay area last week, the phone reported no GPS signal, and I had to cycle location services to get it to come back.  Hope this is something that they address in an update.

any tips getting finger print scan better will not work at all my note 4 , on lock screen 

Is it not detecting the fingerprint scan or just not accepting the fingerprint? Turned out my fingerprint sensor was DOA. Was able to register a fingerprint initially, but then after locking the phone, the swipe prompt wouldn't even appear.  Had the local sprint service center check it out and its non-responsive even to the self tests.   Waiting for Amazon to get some back in stock so that I can exchange it.

If its just not accepting the fingerprint, since it has the same sensor as the S5, I imagine some of the tips and tricks for it would help.  Found a couple of youtube videos and forum posts on how to optimize it when I was searching for a fix for my issue.

Well, I'm sorry to hear you're having the issue, as well, but I'm kind of relieved to hear that someone else has the issue.  Part of me is concerned it is some kind of hardware problem.  I'll be sure to post back, if I ever figure out what's causing it.

I turned off connection optimizer and then went into the wifi advanced settings and unchecked "always allow scanning" and "smart network switch." If you havent already, try doing that and see if it helps.

Sent from my Note 4.

I've tried all of that, too, as I recall other WiFi issues that were related to those settings.  No luck, yet!

How's everyone's WiFi calling experience?

Over my home DSL line 12mbps/1.5mbps it sounded crystal clear though I only used it for a few minutes to try it out. Also called via downloading the dialer app on Google hangouts. Made a longer call on that over LTE and it was perfectly clear. I'd say both methods actually sounded superior to a call over the Sprint network.

Something is going on with the Note 4 today.

The Samsung Mega is connected to LTE, but the Note 4 keeps dropping out of LTE, so it can't be the sites near me at work.

hmmmm

TS

Same here but it's not just today..been going since I got the phone..

Sure......The Note is making me a lair now.

Since posting that, it has stayed on LTE. But I am not doing anything with the device and yet that Spark icon continues to spin out of control. lol

Not for nothing, but that spinning Walmart wannabe icon sure is annoying.

Same here but it's not just today..been going since I got the phone..

Actually since I've gotten the phone it only happened once for about an hour a couple of days ago, but today it really is acting up.

TS

• Like 2

Sure......The Note is making me a lair now.

Since posting that, it has stayed on LTE. But I am not doing anything with the device and yet that Spark icon continues to spin out of control. lol

Not for nothing, but that spinning Walmart wannabe icon sure is annoying.

Actually since I've gotten the phone it only happened once for about an hour a couple of days ago, but today it really is acting up.

TS

Maybe they're upgrading the towers to 8t8r [emoji3]