Samsung Galaxy Note 4 User Thread

COZisBack

Latest issue I've been having is I have to push the home/power button 5 to 10 times to wake the screen, it will come one for a tenth of a second then go right back out. I've pulled the battery and multiple restarts and still dose it. Not all the time but when it dose it is aggravating.

Sent from a Note 4

Have you tried a factory reset? I haven't done one since I bought it on launch day, but I'm considering doing it. I've just noticed a few quirks, such as slow app updates and such, but nothing like what you're experiencing.

Sent from my Note 4.

I've done a factory reset, it stopped all the issues for a week then they are back.

Sent from a Note 4

Interesting. Did you delete the cache partition? That would be the only other thing I could think of, unless you have an app that's screwing with your phone.

Sent from my Note 4.

I tried to reset everything that I could when I done it. I might try and reset it again when I get home from this event. It'd annoying when I want to take a quick picture and have to wait 30 seconds to unlock my phone to take it.

Sent from a Note 4

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone notice serious GPS locking issues? It makes Maps, Waze, etc. unusable. It took almost 45 minutes this morning to lock on an adequate number of satellites. 

I tried using GPS Tool to reset GPS data and pull xtra data to no avail. Some suggested tightening the phones screws. Does nothing for me.

My phone is not rooted. How did GPS get so bad? Is there a fix?

Anyone notice serious GPS locking issues? It makes Maps, Waze, etc. unusable. It took almost 45 minutes this morning to lock on an adequate number of satellites. 

I tried using GPS Tool to reset GPS data and pull xtra data to no avail. Some suggested tightening the phones screws. Does nothing for me.

My phone is not rooted. How did GPS get so bad? Is there a fix?

Mine is not that bad, thankfully, and GPS Tool has helped, but it is still not great, like it was with Kit Kat.  For example, I have Waze up and my phone in the mount, which is a ProClip in front of the main A/C vents in the middle of the dash, under the windshield.  Nearly as good a view of the sky as you are going to get in a vehicle.  It will just suddenly stop following me for a minute or so.  Very annoying!!

Mine is not that bad, thankfully, and GPS Tool has helped, but it is still not great, like it was with Kit Kat. ... Very annoying!!

Well, well. Looks like a Google created GPS bug in Lollipop.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=81140#c464

Between the battery draining bugs, mobile radio always on bug, and GPS lock issues, Google needs to seriously improve QA.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone seen Android Pay officially in Google Play for us?  I sideloaded it, but it thinks the older Google Wallet (uninstalled) needs an update.

Looks like the last original Wallet update converted into Android Pay by itself, last night, I guess.  I never saw an Android Pay update, only Wallet ones, but I have Android Pay, now.

Apparently, though, they block rooted phones, although Google Wallet did not.  Oh, well.

Looks like the last original Wallet update converted into Android Pay by itself, last night, I guess.  I never saw an Android Pay update, only Wallet ones, but I have Android Pay, now.

Apparently, though, they block rooted phones, although Google Wallet did not.  Oh, well.

Oh yeah, now it says Android Pay :)  Thanks

I have noticed there is a new bug (and apparently this affects other carrier N4s as well) that when your battery drops to sub 20% the phone can just shut off way before 0% :(

I have noticed that too, but more so with one battery than the other. I just thought my batteries were losing life.

Sent from my Note 4.

If I do need a new battery at 1 year, then that would make me hesitate to buy a Note 6 or whatever with a sealed battery!

Ordered a Anker battery on Amazon for $13.

Wonder when an update will come to remove the Wal-Mart spinner?

The sealed battery trend is to get people to change phones more often. ( More sales) I still have a note 2 because I just kept buying new batteries when the old ones started to fail. Same with SD card support. They want to charge extra $100 for memory that's only $20 on a card.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

The sealed battery trend is to get people to change phones more often. ( More sales) I still have a note 2 because I just kept buying new batteries when the old ones started to fail. Same with SD card support. They want to charge extra $100 for memory that's only $20 on a card.

In their defense, the memory in the phone is a different breed of memory than the card. It's much faster.

In their defense, the memory in the phone is a different breed of memory than the card. It's much faster.

Let them offer 2 versions, a faster one with no SD and one with SD support. Which do you think would sell more?

• Like 1