iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

Unfortunately, yes. I don't think anyone knows why it causes HD calling to break but it does. If you disable wifi calling, it will bring back HD calls.

I have it activated on my account but I don't ever use it. I tried to remove it but it won't let me. Do I need to call CS to remove it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have it activated on my account but I don't ever use it. I tried to remove it but it won't let me. Do I need to call CS to remove it?

You can do it from your phone. Go to settings, phone, wifi-calling, then I think you hit change address and you'll have an option to remove it. I haven't done it in awhile so I may be a bit off but it's in that screen.

Thanks everyone. I removed wifi calling from my plan and made a call and it was a HD call.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My work phone has now been upgraded to an iPhone 6 from a 5s. I feel almost with the times.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

My work phone has now been upgraded to an iPhone 6 from a 5s. I feel almost with the times.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

You're not missing much not being completely with the times... At least you can try VoLTE now! (If you can get it enabled on the account)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Blargh!  

7 months+ out from a new iphone, and I managed to drop my beloved Iphone 6+ face down onto concrete yesterday.  :(  Still on 9.0.2 because I did not want to lose my jailbreak - I love CellularInfo, Gmailer, BatteryLife, Speed Intensifier, and TypeStatus 2.

I have AppleCare+.  Last time I went in for an issue, I simply wiped the phone and restored 9.0.2 because that version was still being signed - and I knew I could come back home and jailbreak the replacement device.  As expected - Apple ended up just swapping it the entire device and I came home and did the jailbreak.  Oddly enough - the replacement device was on a wayyyy older iOS version (8.4.1 I think)

Now though... 9.0.2 is no longer signed.  

Have an appointment with the genius bar wednesday morning, and in the notes for the appointment, I mentioned that I really wanted THIS devices screen/glass replaced instead of getting a replacement device.  

So now the question is this:  If they are not able to just install a replacement display - do I say nevermind and keep my broken display with the jailbreak still there?  Or do I chance it, and take the replacement device, and cross my fingers and hope that the replacement device is still on 9.0.2?  

Blargh!  

7 months+ out from a new iphone, and I managed to drop my beloved Iphone 6+ face down onto concrete yesterday.   :(  Still on 9.0.2 because I did not want to lose my jailbreak - I love CellularInfo, Gmailer, BatteryLife, Speed Intensifier, and TypeStatus 2.

I have AppleCare+.  Last time I went in for an issue, I simply wiped the phone and restored 9.0.2 because that version was still being signed - and I knew I could come back home and jailbreak the replacement device.  As expected - Apple ended up just swapping it the entire device and I came home and did the jailbreak.  Oddly enough - the replacement device was on a wayyyy older iOS version (8.4.1 I think)

Now though... 9.0.2 is no longer signed.  

Have an appointment with the genius bar wednesday morning, and in the notes for the appointment, I mentioned that I really wanted THIS devices screen/glass replaced instead of getting a replacement device.  

So now the question is this:  If they are not able to just install a replacement display - do I say nevermind and keep my broken display with the jailbreak still there?  Or do I chance it, and take the replacement device, and cross my fingers and hope that the replacement device is still on 9.0.2?  

I would get it replaced if I was you, but more than likely, the replacement device will have a newer iOS version on it.

-Anthony

I would get it replaced if I was you, but more than likely, the replacement device will have a newer iOS version on it.

-Anthony

I guess at this point, I hold out hope that they'll just replace the screen/glass. I would think it makes better financial sense for them to take the hour or whatever and replace he screen than it does to just hand me a new device? Maybe not.

I guess at this point, I hold out hope that they'll just replace the screen/glass. I would think it makes better financial sense for them to take the hour or whatever and replace he screen than it does to just hand me a new device? Maybe not.

It depends on if they deem it reparable or not. I have had a couple of experiences where just the glass is damaged but they say that it's not reparable.

-Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of getting my dad an iPhone SE. Anyone else thinking about the phone?

I want to see what it looks like first. My 5s died on me and that was my favorite iPhone to date. Depending on its looks and price I may get one. Or I could wait until release and let the 5s drop even lower in price and just get that.

installed 9.3. So far no problems  I have been waiting to have a way to secure notes. Started to use the apple pay recently. Very cool after I figured out what I was doing wrong. Now my back has it active and it is nice to have. I have forgotten my wallet. But never my phone.

Quick question everyone. I have a 6s plus now but the screen size is kinda messing with my hand. I'm thinking of purchasing the 4.7in 6s. I've read that the Rf performance is better. From an actual usage perspective is that too much of a difference that the 6s plus?