iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus User Thread

COZisBack

iOS 9 ruined field test. You can't see the dbm in the top left anymore, it just says "back to iPhone." It is nice being able to see the full GCI without having bold text enabled, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

iOS 9 ruined field test. You can't see the dbm in the top left anymore, it just says "back to iPhone." It is nice being able to see the full GCI without having bold text enabled, though.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

What I do is I go into Field Test, and then pull down to look at notifications and open one of them, and then you can go "back to Field Test". Then it won't be hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If any of you are Discover card members, I recommend checking out the following link and using your Discover card for Apple Pay transactions!

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/16/discover-apple-pay-launch/

Also if you were lucky like me and signed up for their Double Cashback promo for a year, you are looking at 20% cashback overall! 

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I am converting back to Android, but I may hold on to my phone for til the end of the year for the promo.  I can easily make more than the $100-$200 I will lose in resale value in the meantime.

What I do is I go into Field Test, and then pull down to look at notifications and open one of them, and then you can go "back to Field Test". Then it won't be hidden.

It works but dang that is quirky. 

OTA didn't work and kept giving an error for the first 45 minutes so I updated my iPhone through iTunes which downloaded the 1.8 GB file in about 3 minutes over wifi. It's working well. at&t has wifi calling on the iPhone 6 now but they aren't actually letting anyone enable it. They still won't let my Sprint 6 use VoLTE either. Makes no sense to me, it's the same damn phone...just whitelist it already!

Did the OTA on my iPad and it went fine. Only gripe with iOS 9 so far is I can't turn contact pictures off, which is pretty damn good for a new iOS version.

I was looking for that new "wifi assist" feature, and low and behold, it's buried at the bottom of settings--cellular. Shouldn't that be in the, um, wifi section? Doh.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

Should have used the shiny new settings search ????

Sent from my Tab 4

• Like 1

Touché

Edit: search doesn't find wifi assist. Maybe a bug?

Sent from my iPhone 6+

It was added in one of the later betas, so someone at Apple must've forgotten to add it to the list that the search feature uses and no one has noticed yet.

Also the placement of WiFi assist is pretty odd.. I guess I can see their logic because the feature bumps you off WiFi onto cellular data... but it's still a WiFi feature in my book and should be in the WiFi section.

• Like 1

I'm such a nerd. The first thing i looked at after installing IOS9 was the field test screen. Appears to be different:

e78a7596bfed5214d60012936a2e9c49.jpg

Liking that the keyboard isn't uppercase all the time.

t feel bad I did the same thing

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my iPhone 6 replaced at the Apple Store last weekend as I was having some issues with signal reception and GPS locking. I've noticed that I have yet to connect to B41 on my replacement. I realized today that they gave me the Verizon model A1549 instead of the Sprint model A1586... Everything works fine except I do not have the ability to connect to B41. Has anyone had this problem before? Do you think Apple will be able to swap my current phone for the Sprint variant?

I also think that since it's a Verizon model that it may be unlocked, so I could probably sell it and get a 6s. (Better resale value)

Any thoughts?

So I got my iPhone 6 replaced at the Apple Store last weekend as I was having some issues with signal reception and GPS locking. I've noticed that I have yet to connect to B41 on my replacement. I realized today that they gave me the Verizon model A1549 instead of the Sprint model A1586... Everything works fine except I do not have the ability to connect to B41. Has anyone had this problem before? Do you think Apple will be able to swap my current phone for the Sprint variant?

I also think that since it's a Verizon model that it may be unlocked, so I could probably sell it and get a 6s. (Better resale value)

Any thoughts?

That's because the Verizon model doesn't even support band 41. You should go back and tell Apple they gave you the wrong model. They should be able to see you brought in a Sprint version.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk