Speed [of Sprint] 4G LTE

Can anyone tell me why Sprints 4G LTE maxes out at 38 mps download and around 9 mps upload?  IT seems like every other carrier can surpass at least 40 in the right area and most carriers get more then 15 upload ive seen....  I guess sprint Spark can do much better but not many places with that.....

Can anyone tell me why Sprints 4G LTE maxes out at 38 mps download and around 9 mps upload?  IT seems like every other carrier can surpass at least 40 in the right area and most carriers get more then 15 upload ive seen....  I guess sprint Spark can do much better but not many places with that.....

It depends on what band you are on. And how many people are using it. 

Sprint uses a 5x5Mhz carrier for regular (1900 and 800) LTE with max speeds of 37.5Mbps down. Other carriers mostly use 10x10Mhz carriers with 75Mbps max down. Spark uses a 20Mhz carrier with max speeds of ~90Mbps down and will be able to reach ~160Mbps or ~250Mbps down with carrier aggregation when Sprint finishes testing it and releases devices for it.

Oh my god, Sprint has 4G LTE?! I am so glad this thread title let me know.

AJ

• Like 7

Can anyone tell me why Sprints 4G LTE maxes out at 38 mps download and around 9 mps upload? IT seems like every other carrier can surpass at least 40 in the right area and most carriers get more then 15 upload ive seen.... I guess sprint Spark can do much better but not many places with that.....

There have been plenty of posts on various market threads showing 75+ mbps download speeds on band 41. Also, what in the heck are you going to need that much bandwidth for on your cellphone. The most bandwidth intensive task for a phone is streaming video. Here is all you need for Netflix: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306 Edited by AppleFanBoy
  • Like 2

Sprint uses a 5x5Mhz carrier for regular LTE with max speeds of 37.5Mbps down. Other carriers mostly use 10x10Mhz carriers with 75Mbps max down. Spark uses a 20Mhz carrier with max speeds of ~90Mbps down and will be able to reach ~160Mbps or ~250Mbps down with carrier aggregation when Sprint finishes testing it and releases devices for it.

thanks!

• Like 2

There have been plenty of posts on various market threads showing 75+ mbps download speeds on band 41. Also, what in the heck are you going to need that much bandwidth for on your cellphone. The most bandwidth intensive task for a phone is streaming video. Here is all you need for Netflix: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/306

Wow. Netflix only requires 500kbps minimum? Cool. TIL.

To help clarify, T-Mobile and AT&T also have a lot of 5x5 LTE out there too (limited to 37.5Mbps). I believe it is only Verizon who only has 10MHz LTE channels and wider everywhere.

But Verizon 10MHz channels can often be slower than their compeitiors 5MHz channels just be cause the sheer numbers of Verizon LTE customers.

• Like 2