Samsung Gear S

aulwes

Does anyone know if Sprint will get a version of the Gear S?

I like my Note but I was just thinking about down sizing my phone to a watch and then buy a Note 8 tablet.

With it being a 3G/2G/WiFi device, I highly doubt it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Sprint will get a version of the Gear S?

I like my Note but I was just thinking about down sizing my phone to a watch and then buy a Note 8 tablet.

I had this exact thought. But then realised that sprint does not have unlimited tablet plans... Wonder how many people would be interested in something like this?

• 2 weeks later...

I was coming back to correct my stance. As you all see, it is coming to Sprint. I'm a little shocked as I didn't think it would have a PCS 1900 radio, but oh well. I still don't think it will be able to replace a whole separate phone though.

I'm curious as to how this is going to work. Several articles have made reference to the gear keeping in contact with your phone via 3g, making it sound like it's still an extension of your phone. It makes me wonder though will both devices have the same number and ring at the same time? This is an old feature with voip but can cdma or gsm support that?

• 4 weeks later...

Phandroid has received a leaked Sprint document that says the Gear S can get a "connected device" plan with 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 100MB data for $9.99/month or it can be added to a family share plan for $10 and pull from the data bucket.

http://phandroid.com/2014/10/17/gear-s-plan/

And for those of us still on framily I'd assume the connected device plan is our only option? 100MB is nothing. I was hoping to stream music with it. 10 bucks to make it an "extension" of your phone seems fair. (E.g. pulls from same alotment of text minutes and data) but 10 bucks for basically no data...?

In any case thanks for sharing the info

• 2 weeks later...

Pricing and availability:

Sprint - $384 outright, or $16 spread over 24 months. Launching on November 7.

T-Mobile - $349 outright, or $14.58 for 24 months. Launching on November 9.

AT&T - $199 with two-year contract. Launching on November 7.

Verizon - TBA.

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsungs-sim-enabled-gear-s-launching-us-november-7

• 2 weeks later...

So what gives? I go into a sprint store today and they don't have one, not even a display. They were not sold out, just have not received one yet. If this were an apple product heads would roll... anyhow they also told me it's only available on family and when I asked about individual plans they said the only thing they could do was switch me to a family plan, they were not even aware of the $10 plan. I also checked with t mobile and it's a similar story but they are only charging $5/mo for 500 mb. I'm gonna see what customer service has to say tomorrow

So what gives? I go into a sprint store today and they don't have one, not even a display. They were not sold out, just have not received one yet. If this were an apple product heads would roll... anyhow they also told me it's only available on family and when I asked about individual plans they said the only thing they could do was switch me to a family plan, they were not even aware of the $10 plan. I also checked with t mobile and it's a similar story but they are only charging $5/mo for 500 mb. I'm gonna see what customer service has to say tomorrow

Did you go by a 3rd party sprint store or a corporate store?  When I looked online, only the corporate stores in my areas were showing as in stock.  I driving by one this afternoon and debating on stopping and looking.. If I look... I know I'm going to want to buy one.

Stopped by a corp store... Even though they show Gear S in stock, they claim not to have any and it's "Direct Ship"  They did have a "demo" but it was in a drawer and wasn't charged so couldn't play.  Very disappointed.

Their excuse is that it's not supposed to go on display until the 14th.  Bummer..

I was actually ready to buy it and possibly a Note 4... so they lost out on a pretty good sale.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/next-generation-connected-wearable-samsung-gear-s-arrives-at-sprint-nov-7.htm?view_id=11211

Well that says otherwise. I believe mine is a corporate store as well. It's really unacceptable. And when I mentioned apple products and how this would never happen with them they tried to deny that. So what are they doing a big samsung latest tech release on Friday? This device is going to be a hard sell for Samsung and Sprint is really not helping

Stopped by a corp store... Even though they show Gear S in stock, they claim not to have any and it's "Direct Ship" They did have a "demo" but it was in a drawer and wasn't charged so couldn't play. Very disappointed.

Their excuse is that it's not supposed to go on display until the 14th. Bummer..

I was actually ready to buy it and possibly a Note 4... so they lost out on a pretty good sale.

Ill be honest the rep didnt miss anything atleast in his mind. Upgrades pay us about $1-1.50. The gear s is counted as 0.25 of a new activation( new activations pay about $5-20 depending on the multiplier the rep hits by the end of the month). Basically the rep lost 2 bucks before taxes and if you would of bought no accessories or tep then the sale actually hurts the reps monthly numbers.

Wow, that little?  I'm truely sorry. I thought it would have been a bit more than that.  Thanks for the info.  It is interesting some of the inner workings of a store.  There were probably 6 employees there at the time and maybe one other customer in the store.

• 4 weeks later...