Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

I live about a block from a Sprint tower and everyday this week there has been 1-3 trucks out there working on it, hope they are putting up some NV :D btw Im in Avondale, Avondale Blvd & Mcdowell

Good to hear the upgrades are expanding out to far West Phoenix. There's been a lot in central Phx, but the West has been sparse. Although, I saw some reports and pictures of NV work being done in Surprise in the Sponsor section of S4GRU. Are you in Goodyear, then?

Im very close to Goodyear. I saw a post here saying that they are going as far west as Buckeye and those were some of the first permits pulled for the valley. If I see those guys working on the tower tomorrow I will stop and talk to them and see if they can give me any insight :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No LTE sites completed in PHX market yet. Just 3G upgrades so far. The sites with LTE upgrades accepted will change to yellow (to denote 3G/4G accepted). I'm thinking the first site is within 10-20 days by my guess.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Really>? Are you sure? Cause its looking kind of bleak for Phoenix... Seattle is all rip roaring with 4G already and phoenix had a headstart...

Really>? Are you sure? Cause its looking kind of bleak for Phoenix... Seattle is all rip roaring with 4G already and phoenix had a headstart...

Seattle and Phoenix has different vendors with different methods of doing things.

Seattle is a Samsung market whose contractor tends to bring up 4G upgrades first and then 3G upgrades up in clusters. Pheonix is an Alcatel-Lucent market who brings up 3G upgrades first and then 4G upgrades. That and backhaul for seattle was most likely easier to acquire. 

• Like 1

Seattle and Phoenix has different vendors with different methods of doing things.

Seattle is a Samsung market whose contractor tends to bring up 4G upgrades first and then 3G upgrades up in clusters. Pheonix is an Alcatel-Lucent market who brings up 3G upgrades first and then 4G upgrades. That and backhaul for seattle was most likely easier to acquire. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Who changed this thread title to include Lake Havasu? Lake Havasu is in the Las Vegas market. Tsk, tsk.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

I was in Phoenix back in April and data was kind of pathetic. I was thinking "I bet it'll be way better when I come back here at the end of July". I'm going back next week and by the looks of this forum it hasn't changed much. It still sucks in Sacramento too so I feel your pain. At least we have 4G starting to light in a couple towns close to us.

Alcatel Lucent is the bain of my existence. Their deployment style irks me to no end. Light up Arizona with LTE, already!

Insert your favorite French jokes here:

• Like 4

Alcatel Lucent is the bain of my existence. Their deployment style irks me to no end. Light up Arizona with LTE, already! Insert your favorite French jokes here: Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

HAHA! No kidding!

In comparison to other markets, its it safe to say that AZ has had the most accepted sites without seeing any LTE?

HAHA! No kidding!

In comparison to other markets, its it safe to say that AZ has had the most accepted sites without seeing any LTE?

I don't know. It sure seems that way.

• Like 1

HAHA! No kidding!

I would think so at least full build sites if u dont count like iowa. Even SLC got at least 1 LTE site and i know they started after phx and tucson

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The whole Phoenix thing eludes me to no end. How can Alcatel Lucent be pulling this off without p***ing off Sprint in the worst way. I just don't get this one bit. :scratch:

So I have had an open ticket with Sprint Customer Care for the last few weeks due to signal quality issues at my work location downtown (Central & Washington in Phoenix).  Here is the information that I received from Sprint regarding the issues:

On July 18:  "We have marked that area for our engineers to look into this issue.  We are working on a tower in this area and this should be closed out shortly."

Today Sprint Customer Care says "I show at your billing address we will be adding 4G LTE within 3 to 6 months and the same timeframe applies for the downtown Phoenix location."

So if you convert 3 to 6 months in "Sprint time" to realtime, we should see 4G LTE in the Valley in 3-6 years.

I told them to leave the ticket open so that I can refer back to it in 3 months for all of my complaints for not having 4G lit up.  

So I have had an open ticket with Sprint Customer Care for the last few weeks due to signal quality issues at my work location downtown (Central & Washington in Phoenix).  Here is the information that I received from Sprint regarding the issues:

On July 18:  "We have marked that area for our engineers to look into this issue.  We are working on a tower in this area and this should be closed out shortly."

Today Sprint Customer Care says "I show at your billing address we will be adding 4G LTE within 3 to 6 months and the same timeframe applies for the downtown Phoenix location."

So if you convert 3 to 6 months in "Sprint time" to realtime, we should see 4G LTE in the Valley in 3-6 years.

I told them to leave the ticket open so that I can refer back to it in 3 months for all of my complaints for not having 4G lit up.  

ROFL ..... 

• Like 1

Well I was in Phoenix for the last couple of days and things actually seem a little better there. The same office I visited in Chandler, AZ where I had almost no 3G data back in April has improved. I speed tested around 450-500kbps there this time.  Also I was in constant roaming at my aunts house in Waddell, AZ in April (tiny town just northwest of Phoenix) and now I was getting 2-3 bars of Sprint service and about the same 450kbps on 3G.  In Phoenix itself I drove around to the mall and a few other places. Nothing mind blowing but I did manage a few speed tests that were just over 1mbps.  Certainly tolerable speeds. I still say you guys will see LTE before we do in Sacramento.

I've been following the Phoenix market for a while and I really feel bad for you guys.  I'm sure things have improved with all of the 3g upgrades, but that must be frustrating to see all that and no LTE.  I'm heading down there for some interviews in a couple weeks and I will keep my eyes peeled in my travels for any indications of backhaul being installed at any sites I will pass by.  I'm wishing you guys the best down there!

• Like 1

After lunch today, I was out in the parking lot and was texting my son-in-law when I got an error that the text did not go through. I noticed my signal bars were non-existent. I figured they were working on the tower or something. I launched SignalCheck Pro to see if I had any signal at all. Nothing. I went on about my work when I got an alert the I had not heard before. I looked at my phone and SignalCheck Pro showed I had 1XRTT 800! Of course I was in the middle of a task and couldn't get a screen shot. It was that way for only a minute or two and the next time I checked it was back to eHRPD.  

hopefully things are moving...

• Like 1

After lunch today, I was out in the parking lot and was texting my son-in-law when I got an error that the text did not go through. I noticed my signal bars were non-existent. I figured they were working on the tower or something. I launched SignalCheck Pro to see if I had any signal at all. Nothing. I went on about my work when I got an alert the I had not heard before. I looked at my phone and SignalCheck Pro showed I had 1XRTT 800! Of course I was in the middle of a task and couldn't get a screen shot. It was that way for only a minute or two and the next time I checked it was back to eHRPD.

hopefully things are moving...

You were probably on both and you lost the Evdo connection so it showed the 1x connection as being used for data.