Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

That link is no good. Won't let me see it. Screenshot possibly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The screenshots a few posts up say all you need to know. The information was just posted in the premier forums a while ago. You're welcome to join any time ;)

Sent from my LG G5

The screenshots a few posts up say all you need to know. The information was just posted in the premier forums a while ago. You're welcome to join any time ;)

Sent from my LG G5

I could have sworn I was already a premier member. Anyways how do I do that ? Can you send me a link ?

This was a few weeks ago.  Give a little cheer to other Arizonians.   There is some movement on the network here.  

http://sonorannews.com/new/2017/01/23/council-says-no-way-80-foot-cell-tower-main-drag/

Video of Mobilitie taking it to the council meeting. 

Starts at 1h:43m

Phoenix has planned 138 small cell

Scottsdale has planned 20 small cell

Glendale has planned 30 small cells

• Like 1

This was a few weeks ago. Give a little cheer to other Arizonians. There is some movement on the network here.

http://sonorannews.com/new/2017/01/23/council-says-no-way-80-foot-cell-tower-main-drag/

Video of Mobilitie taking it to the council meeting.

Starts at 1h:43m

Phoenix has planned 138 small cell

Scottsdale has planned 20 small cell

Glendale has planned 30 small cells

This is exactly what is wrong with city councils all across the country, they are dominated by white haired NIMBYs. When the one guy started going off about not supporting "that monstrosity" I think I vomited a little. People don't see cell sites until you point them out.

People don't see cell sites until you point them out.

In this suburb, you're right. Almost all sites there are stealth sites that are either painted and mounted on utility poles, on top of buildings that reside on hills, or flag poles.

The problem is the larger pole that is supposed to feed back-haul to all the small cells. Seems like they are settling for a few semi tall poles instead of one massive pole to feed the small cells in disguise.

In this suburb, you're right. Almost all sites there are stealth sites that are either painted and mounted on utility poles, on top of buildings that reside on hills, or flag poles.

The problem is the larger pole that is supposed to feed back-haul to all the small cells. Seems like they are settling for a few semi tall poles instead of one massive pole to feed the small cells in disguise.

We have had this discussion before, I have no wish to have it again. I understand your sympathies rest with the NIMBYs. But no, people don't even notice huge monopoles unless someone who knows what they are points them out.

We have had this discussion before, I have no wish to have it again. I understand your sympathies rest with the NIMBYs. But no, people don't even notice huge monopoles unless someone who knows what they are points them out.

I think your reading failed you a bit. Where in my post did I take a stance for or against small cells? I'm simply relaying the sentiments that the city council expressed in this meeting.

It's also very accurate to say that Cave Creek residents don't notice cell towers. But that's only because the town has forced all carriers to camouflage their equipment one form or another. The only Sprint cell that is not hidden or painted is the one on Cave Creek Rd near Tatum (across the soccer field). The rest are either flag poles, painted panels on top of utility poles, or on the sides (not top) of public buildings.

I think your reading failed you a bit. Where in my post did I take a stance for or against small cells? I'm simply relaying the sentiments that the city council expressed in this meeting.

It's also very accurate to say that Cave Creek residents don't notice cell towers. But that's only because the town has forced all carriers to camouflage their equipment one form or another. The only Sprint cell that is not hidden or painted is the one on Cave Creek Rd near Tatum (across the soccer field). The rest are either flag poles, painted panels on top of utility poles, or on the sides (not top) of public buildings.

No, I think yours did. I clearly was referring to conversations we have had in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

How extensive is the band 26 rollout in Phoenix ? I'll be there next month for a wedding and to see my kids.

I think they are testing b26. I haven't seen any b26 in the east valley for a week or so.

• Like 1

Been getting it constantly at my house since I posted the screen shots. I would think it would be a fast rollout since they have had so long with the issue with APS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, saw it once by the Whole Foods on ray and the 101. Haven't seen it since.

• Like 1

Been getting it constantly at my house since I posted the screen shots. I would think it would be a fast rollout since they have had so long with the issue with APS.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This is Sprint we're talking about here. They'll test it until this summer and finally roll it out by years end. Lol.

Good news for Phoenix residents.  Sprint is requesting a waiver so that LTE 800 can be deployed in the Phoenix area. However Tucson residents are still out of luck since the waiver excludes Pima county.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db0215/DA-17-169A1.pdf

• Like 1

Good news for Phoenix residents.  Sprint is requesting a waiver so that LTE 800 can be deployed in the Phoenix area. However Tucson residents are still out of luck since the waiver excludes Pima county.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2017/db0215/DA-17-169A1.pdf

That letter confirms that the requested waiver is approved. Now Sprint just needs to deploy, which I believe people are seeing signs of B26 a few posts up.

Good news for Phoenix residents. Sprint is requesting a waiver so that LTE 800 can be deployed in the Phoenix area. However Tucson residents are still out of luck since the waiver excludes Pima county.

Deployment started last month I believe as people started seeing band 26

Good news for Phoenix residents. Sprint is requesting a waiver so that LTE 800 can be deployed in the Phoenix area. However Tucson residents are still out of luck since the waiver excludes Pima county.

EDIT:

Huh...I don't remember. My phone was acting a little weird when I posted that but I don't remember what I was going to say…

Well what I would like to know is if this includes any part of SoCal ??? The documents show San Bernadino county so that's kind of a head scratcher considering that's SoCal and this is a waiver for all of Arizona mostly minus Tucson