Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

No to the speeds. You are not likely to see a 10x10 PCS carrier anywhere on Sprint. 

The second carrier still doubles the capacity of the site though (assuming it doesn't already have B41). So even though peak speeds are still around 37Mbps, the net effect is the same. More speed and capacity for everyone!

I see.  Is Phoenix one of the markets that will get 3x3 Mhz of spectrum allocated for B26 once IBEZ issues are fixed?  This can help remedy the issue of capacity from B26, with the second B25 carrier.

I see.  Is Phoenix one of the markets that will get 3x3 Mhz of spectrum allocated for B26 once IBEZ issues are fixed?  This can help remedy the issue of capacity from B26, with the second B25 carrier.

Mexican IBEZ is 3x3 for B26 once rebanding finishes. 

• Like 1

I don't think that IBEZ is the hold up in PHX B26 delays.  It's getting Maricopa County to stop squatting on Sprint's spectrum. 

I don't think that IBEZ is the hold up in PHX B26 delays.  It's getting Maricopa County to stop squatting on Sprint's spectrum. 

That's correct. Unless there is something else that I am not aware of, the IBEZ should not affect the Phoenix metro.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see B41 chugging along nice in Phoenix, I get connections across everywhere I drive now.  Still no word on Maricopa county and B26?  B26 in my opinion is a must as it gives better building penetration.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see B41 chugging along nice in Phoenix, I get connections across everywhere I drive now. Still no word on Maricopa county and B26? B26 in my opinion is a must as it gives better building penetration.

B26 would and the last few sites that have had no work done on them being completed would give sprint a very competitive network in the valley. Network densification would give sprint the best network in the valley.

• Like 2

Hey guys!! Does any one know when band 26 will go live in Phoenix AZ.  we have a lot of holes in the coverage  here and I know that will fill it in well. 

Probably something to bring up in the Phoenix Market thread.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Band 26 is being delayed in Arizona due to an 800MHz rebander fighting with Sprint and the FCC. It's been dragging on for a long time, but appears to be finally heading toward a solution. It probably won't be live until the end of the year at the earliest, though.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Band 26 is being delayed in Arizona due to an 800MHz rebander fighting with Sprint and the FCC. It's been dragging on for a long time, but appears to be finally heading toward a solution. It probably won't be live until the end of the year at the earliest, though.

Let's hope. The network would be really competitive out here with 800 deployed.

• Like 1

is this the fight with APS and FCC?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk