Network Vision/LTE - Phoenix Market (including Flagstaff, Prescott)

MaxPower

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The last fcc docs I have seen said Maricopa was suppose to have the cost estimate done by June first. I can't believe they have to much time to vacate Sprints spectrum left.

i wouldn't expect anything this year.  I am hopeful for mid to end of next year.  

Tell Joe Arpaio that his radios are being incarcerated, then deported.

AJ

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'm visiting here in Phoenix this week.  So far, I think the network is great here.  A year and a half ago, when I came, I didn't hit any 4G and it was a miserable experience.  This time I'm on either B25 or B41 pretty much constantly.  The site density is great here and I'm surprised it's a better experience than Jacksonville is without B26 turned on here!!!

• Like 5

I'm visiting here in Phoenix this week. So far, I think the network is great here. A year and a half ago, when I came, I didn't hit any 4G and it was a miserable experience. This time I'm on either B25 or B41 pretty much constantly. The site density is great here and I'm surprised it's a better experience than Jacksonville is without B26 turned on here!!!

Good to hear. What part of town are you visiting? I'm sitting here in the west valley fluttering between 1x, 3G, B41, AND B25 depending on where I am on my drive.

The network is vastly better than 1 year ago, but still has a long way to go in the suburban fringes.

Good to hear. What part of town are you visiting? I'm sitting here in the west valley fluttering between 1x, 3G, B41, AND B25 depending on where I am on my drive.

The network is vastly better than 1 year ago, but still has a long way to go in the suburban fringes.

I'm currently staying @ the Embassy Suites hotel off 51N in Scottsdale.  Currently pulling ~ 12Mbps on 4G LTE  with a -102 dBm signal.  Only dropped down to 3G near the airport inside a parking garage.  Been on 4G since. 

EDIT: I'm on B25 atm.  Seen B41 twice so far.  Mostly on B25.  I'm going to the mall later and Desert Ridge later in the week and I'll report my findings then. 

• Like 2

Welcome back to Phoenix. For me the network seems to vastly improve in just the past few months. While the LTE speeds are not great, they are fast enough to do what I need and coverage is pretty good around phoenix now. B41 sites are rapidly being turned up, I pick it up at over town now.

Welcome back to Phoenix. For me the network seems to vastly improve in just the past few months. While the LTE speeds are not great, they are fast enough to do what I need and coverage is pretty good around phoenix now. B41 sites are rapidly being turned up, I pick it up at over town now.

Sitting here at Arrowhead Mall. Getting a steady 3mbps inside the food court. Hit 3G a few times along Bell Rd from Scottsdale. Overall still a solid experience. The B41 overlays are helping ease off B25 congestion. Only ran into one B25 site that's been congested. Here's the speed tests from my day. One was on 3G but it's cut off a bit at the bottom.

3fa02c361a6ae95f30842ec37c758ef6.jpg

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

Anyone know why 3G data on 1x800 is so slow around here?

Not sure exactly what you mean. 1x800 isn't meant for data, although it can move data at a very, very slow speed, but it's mainly for voice.

EVDO (what most people mean when they say 3G) is only broadcast on 1900.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm getting terms mixed, what I mean is when I see signal check pro telling me I'm connected on CDMA 800, I get very slow data speeds.

Can the phone not use 800 for voice and 1900 for data at the same time?

How is everyone monitoring band 25 or band 41 is there an easier way than going to the engineering screen? What app?

signal check pro it was created by a member of this website http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/

it costs 1.99 at the play store, totally worth the 2 bucks  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck&hl=en

• Like 3