Moto X 2014 (was "Motorola IHDT56QA1")

NateC

That's the point I'm getting at. It will be more than enough. Even on the original x I had no issues making it all day.

This article says the battery is extremely underwhelming. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Our-Moto-X-2014-battery-life-test-is-done-and-the-results-aint-pretty_id60564/ 

I like I get an extra hour over my Nexus 5.  But I'd prefer it be more like 2 hours, similar to the HTC One M8.  :)

I like I get an extra hour over my Nexus 5. But I'd prefer it be more like 2 hours, similar to the HTC One M8. :)

Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the big drop-off going from my N3 to a batter this size. Although my N3 isn't what it used to be, battery wise, not sure if it's life has shortened or program updates have started using more power.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Or one of the other N5 compliant LTE bands, like B4, B5 and B17.  A Sprint SIM card would just need to receive an update to scan those bands too.  Currently the N5 does not scan those other bands with a Sprint SIM card in it.

Robert

Would this be a software update, like a profile update? Or does it have to be at the radio level? For the N5, will se see another situation like the Spark wait where we had to wait for google to release 4.4.3? 

Would this be a software update, like a profile update? Or does it have to be at the radio level? For the N5, will se see another situation like the Spark wait where we had to wait for google to release 4.4.3? 

It's just a simple software update.  When Sprint has some B4, B5 or B17 LTE roaming available somewhere, they'll push the update to the SIM card, so it can add those bands and channel assignments to the LTE channel scan rotation.  The network will automatically do it when it detects the change.  Will not have to wait for a Google update.  It's similar to a PRL update, just can't be user initiated.

• Like 2

I really want to like this device beyond what is presenting me but I'm not sure it's better than the HTC One m8 or the LG g3, personally especially with the Galaxy Note 4 which is a completely different size comparison but if I was to spend money I would want at least a higher capacity version than 32 gigs. What will sell me is antenna and rf performance but won't know till the official sprint model is announced.

That's terrible. I was suggesting the moto x to my sister who's looking to buy her first smart phone.  Oh, well. I wonder if that Moto's decision or sprint's? 

That's terrible. I was suggesting the moto x to my sister who's looking to buy her first smart phone.  Oh, well. I wonder if that Moto's decision or sprint's? 

That is a good question, I wonder if its going to Sprints prepaid brands?  The article that AJ compiled made it seem like Sprint was getting the phone.

Really disappointed as I was ready to upgrade to the new Moto X.

• Like 1

!?%%*!@@!!

I wonder why that is??? I'm so irritated right now, was really looking forward to it!

I really have my doubts that this is true...  The model with B25, B26, and B41 has CDMA.  There is absolutely no reason to not carry the device.

• Like 2

There's gotta be more to this story. Why would Moto include all the extra CDMA and Sprint band support?

Either...the person at Motorola who said it is mistaken. Or...Sprint has another named model that is a slightly different carrier exclusive. Or, possibly, Sprint won't sell it as a carrier device but will be activatable on their network via a Whitelist or CSIM. There's just got to be more to this story.

If, for some reason, it turns out that Sprint isn't carrying nor supporting the new Moto flagship in any way, then it seems like a last minute decision. Maybe AT&T paid off Motorola to do a Carrier Exclusive. Or to do an exclusive launch. With Sprint following a few months later. Maybe device testing was problematic on Sprint, and Sprint decided to pass. I don't know.

No matter what, don't freak out yet. Need confirmation and more info.

• Like 6

There's gotta be more to this story. Why would Moto include all the extra CDMA and Sprint band support?

Either...the person at Motorola who said it is mistaken. Or...Sprint has another named model that is a slightly different carrier exclusive. Or, possibly, Sprint won't sell it as a carrier device but will be activatable on their network via a Whitelist or CSIM. There's just got to be more to this story.

If, for some reason, it turns out that Sprint isn't carrying nor supporting the new Moto flagship in any way, then it seems like a last minute decision. Maybe AT&T paid off Motorola to do a Carrier Exclusive. Or to do an exclusive launch. With Sprint following a few months later. Maybe device testing was problematic on Sprint, and Sprint decided to pass. I don't know.

No matter what, don't freak out yet. Need confirmation and more info.

I'm sure s4gru will come up with an answer on this soon.

It's possible Sprint is just a delayed launch and whomever is handling the Moto Twitter account is uninformed. 

Maybe Sprint is just planning for a massive push on the Moto Nexus X and they didn't want this taking a chunk out of those potential customers?

I'm sure s4gru will come up with an answer on this soon.

It's possible Sprint is just a delayed launch and whomever is handling the Moto Twitter account is uninformed.

Maybe Sprint is just planning for a massive push on the Moto Nexus X and they didn't want this taking a chunk out of those potential customers?

Great points. It's possible that the new Moto X and the new Nexus are so similar, that Sprint is only going to use one model and not both. The Nexus version. And if they are so similar, it's possible the new Moto X version just happens to support Sprint bands by default. Or, maybe even the FCC docs we have seen are actually for the new Nexus instead?

Or, maybe even the FCC docs we have seen are actually for the new Nexus instead?

That this handset is the Nexus 5 successor was my initial supposition when I saw the FCC OET filing.  But the odds that it actually is the Nexus 5 successor are practically zero.  The FCC OET ID goes in direct sequence with the other 2014 Moto X variants.

AJ

• Like 1

I think att just gets an exclusive launch like last time.

And why Moto does this, I will never understand. You lose so many potential customers, it's insane to even consider it. People don't really switch carriers for phones anymore.

Not a Moto person misspeaking. Confirmed by Sprint that it was out of their hands: https://twitter.com/sprintcare/status/512420169277124608

Sprint CareVerified account @sprintcare

@Nolan_Bonnie11 Unfortunately, we are at the behest of the manufacturer with regards to this. *JTH