Motorola & August

TH4RO

It seems like the month of August is typically Sprints Motorola announcement month.  Does anyone else associate the two together?  Oh well for this year!  

What other brands do you associate with months of the year?  With Sprint or without?

HTC and Samsung flagships arrive in the spring. Samsung "phablets" happen in the fall. LG, who knows? That is one crazy son of a bitch OEM.

AJ

• Like 1

Apple is September.

Ironic, because apples start being harvested in September and into October.  Coincidence?  I think not!  

I'm waiting for my Pink Lady and Fuji's to debut with the latest specs here shortly.  Hopefully Safeway will have all the latest versions before everyone else.  I don't want to have to stand in line this year.  Can't wait to take a byte!

Robert

Ironic, because apples start being harvested in September and into October.  Coincidence?  I think not!  

I'm waiting for my Pink Lady and Fuji's to debut with the latest specs here shortly.  Hopefully Safeway will have all the latest versions before everyone else.  I don't want to have to stand in line this year.  Can't wait to take a byte!

Robert

Not a fan of the Honeycrisp?

• Like 1

Robert

Maybe that will be the new naming convention for OSX/iOS, instead of big cats....

Maybe that will be the new naming convention for OSX/iOS, instead of big cats....

You are late to that party, OS X 10.9 is Mavericks, a famous surfing area off the coast of California, and OS X 10.10 is named Yosemite. (Ps, and this is for anyone, if you don't know where Yosemite is, smack yourself). So the new OS X naming convention is famous places of California.

But what about the Mackinaw peaches?  The Mackinaw peaches, Jerry!

AJ

• Like 2

You are late to that party, OS X 10.9 is Mavericks, a famous surfing area off the coast of California, and OS X 10.10 is named Yosemite. (Ps, and this is for anyone, if you don't know where Yosemite is, smack yourself). So the new OS X naming convention is famous places of California.

I know, I'm running Mavericks on my laptop. I'm talking when they inevitably merge the two OSes. Does iOS have code names like OS X?

I know, I'm running Mavericks on my laptop. I'm talking when they inevitably merge the two OSes. Does iOS have code names like OS X?

Yes, iOS code names are based on ski resorts.

• Like 1

Yea, I'm expecting "iOS9 Brian's Head" any day now. ROFLMAO

Or "iOS10 Massanutten"

Or "iOS11 Bogus Basin"

Or maybe we can call the next one "Slowmass" if Apple still does not support Band 41? :)

Yea, I'm expecting "iOS9 Brian's Head" any day now. ROFLMAO

Or "iOS10 Massanutten"

Or "iOS11 Bogus Basin"

Or maybe we can call the next one "Slowmass" if Apple still does not support Band 41? :)

No, no, no. It will be iOS 9 "Heavenly." And the iPhoners will say, "Amen."

;)

AJ

You are late to that party, OS X 10.9 is Mavericks, a famous surfing area off the coast of California, and OS X 10.10 is named Yosemite. (Ps, and this is for anyone, if you don't know where Yosemite is, smack yourself).

Of course, I know where Yosemite is.  He is right here.

Yosemite.gif

AJ

• Like 3

;)

AJ

Well, I wasn't trying to pick on Apple or iFans. I was just picking silly ski resort names from memory. But I could see how someone could think I was from that list. :lol:

I guess someone could think I was calling iOS bogus or a Mass of Nothing. :hah:

I have always liked the name Brian Head for a ski resort. In Utah, they use Brian's face acne as moguls. And his nose makes an amazing jump!

;)

Well, I wasn't trying to pick on Apple or iFans. I was just picking silly ski resort names from memory. But I could see how someone could think I was from that list. :lol:

Robert knows my reference, but for everyone else, Heavenly is a ski resort in South Lake Tahoe, CA.  And in this iOS codename convention, it fits the bill in more ways than one.

AJ

• Like 2

Robert knows my reference, but for everyone else, Heavenly is a ski resort in South Lake Tahoe, CA. And in this iOS codename convention, it fits the bill in more ways than one.

AJ

I had no idea there was a ski resort named Heavenly. Sounds like a nice place. :haha:

I had no idea there was a ski resort named Heavenly. Sounds like a nice place. :haha:

For Sprint band 41 and carrier aggregation, maybe it should be called iOS 9 "Purgatory" -- even though that ski resort is in Colorado, not California.

AJ

• Like 1