Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

According to people the size of the phone is about the same as the nexus 5 just cut down bezels

Haha no.

Nexus 6

82.98mm x 159.26mm x 10.06mm

Nexus 5

69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm

• Like 11

$649. That's steep. This is really designed to be a contract device. Bummer. I do like the one model for all North America carriers though. I may buy, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I will want to hear about the SIM interoperability with other providers. If it ends up being fully open on Verizon too, then I may do it.

Did you see all those supported bands? Whoa! Verizon support too.

Here are the bands for the Americas SKU:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10

WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8

LTE: Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41

CA DL: Bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

And for the international version:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

CDMA: not supported

WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19

LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41

CA DL: B3-B5, B3-B8

Source:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/15/the-nexus-6-will-come-in-two-versions-for-the-americas-and-rest-of-the-worldhere-are-all-the-supported-bands/

https://sites.google.com/a/pressatgoogle.com/android-10-15/nexus6

$649. That's steep. This is really designed to be a contract device. Bummer. I do like the one model for all North America carriers though. I may buy, but I am not going to rush out and get it. I will want to hear about the SIM interoperability with other providers. If it ends up being fully open on Verizon too, then I may do it.

Edited by hake

Wow. I was considering it for christmas if the price was right but $649 is amazingly expensive. I guess we will have to see what Sprint devices come out over the next year.

Very disappointed by that price. I had $500 in mind, maybe.

• Like 3

I believe Android has support for styluses since version I (Ice Cream Sandwich) but I do not recall any Android device coming with a stylus to use it. i don't even know if it is wacom or N-Trig based. either way that pen on the table next to the device is just a regular ink pen.

• Like 1

Haha no.

Nexus 6

82.98mm x 159.26mm x 10.06mm

Nexus 5

69.17 x 137.84 x 8.59 mm

For the non metric system fluent, that means an inch taller, half an inch wider.

Not even close...

AJ

A more appropriate word would have been regulatory.

Again, though, explain how the FCC would have any "regulatory" hand in the decision to have separate variants for North America and the rest of the world.

AJ

either way that pen on the table next to the device is just a regular ink pen.

Ah, but Android 5.0 Lollipop enables you to use a regular ink pen as a stylus.  You should try it out on the screen of your brand new Nexus 6.  If it does not work, the battery is probably low, so you should pop the handset in the microwave for a quick recharge.

AJ

• Like 5

Without the controller ($39)

hmm, that's not what I have read..

The device itself will be available for $99, and an optional gamepad will be made available for $39.99, according to a Google spokesperson.

I guess its official there won't be a dual carrier aggregated device released. It seems we may skip straight the 3x20 CA in the next round of devices. I'm most interested in the HTC Tablet in addition as I'll get my boomsound fix with that and hoping the antenna tech makes it way to this device to see how it operates over sprints network as we missed out on the MOTO X 2014.

I guess its official there won't be a dual carrier aggregated device released. It seems we may skip straight the 3x20 CA in the next round of devices. I'm most interested in the HTC Tablet in addition as I'll get my boomsound fix with that and hoping the antenna tech makes it way to this device to see how it operates over sprints network as we missed out on the MOTO X 2014.

Well, we didn't actually expect it to be in the new Nexus, as Sprint said they would not have any CA-B41 devices until the turn of the year.  However, that never stopped us from hoping.  At least it is fully CCA/RRPP compliant.

• Like 3

Wow $649 off contract... :td: .  Sheesh they really upped the price since the Nexus 5 at $349.  I am curious to see what the device looks like in person but man is a 6 inch phone pretty big.

Well, we didn't actually expect it to be in the new Nexus, as Sprint said they would not have any CA-B41 devices until the turn of the year.  However, that never stopped us from hoping.  At least it is fully CCA/RRPP compliant.

Hope does keep the spirit alive. Will be a great travel device though for sure.

I am noticing that the 650 pricing is probably for the 32gb model. So we can expect 700 plus for the 64gb model! FML that is a lot!

Wow $649 off contract... :td: . Sheesh they really upped the price since the Nexus 5 at $349. I am curious to see what the device looks like in person but man is a 6 inch phone pretty big.

It's probably the size of the iPhone 6 Plus despite having a bigger display. Thicker though. I agree the prices are crazy. I think all these phones are overpriced but as long as people keep buying I don't see them dropping much.

Again, though, explain how the FCC would have any "regulatory" hand in the decision to have separate variants for North America and the rest of the world.

AJ

I figured since the FCC regulates bands in use here, they may not want devices that will be able to transmit in bands not licensed here? or other similar entity in other country may not want a device that uses certain incompatible tech (ie CDMA in europe) be sold within their borders? Please enlighten me. 

I'll be getting one despite the high price tag.  Premium Nexus means premium price.  I do wish it had a finger print scanner and CA for Sprint.  Out of curiosity, does anyone have a timeline on when will Sprint start CA?  Are there any articles on CA in the forums here that I may have missed?

• Like 1

I really doubt it will have it, but any word on SVLTE on the N6?

Sprint doesn't do SVLTE anymore. This is a single path device just like the Nexus 5. VoLTE will bring back SVLTE.

I do wish it had a finger print scanner and CA for Sprint. 

My laptop has had fingerprint reader for years and I love it, and since getting an iphone 6+, I have become quite attached to the fingerprint unlock, I too really wish they would have added that to any of the nexus devices.