Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Huh, this is confusing on the sprint nexus 6 page;

Android™ 5.0 L

Rock your music right on the Sharp AQUOS Crystal, with Harman Kardon sound and patented Clari-Fi™ technology. It restores compressed digital music to its full glory for crisper, wider and more dynamic audio through your headphones or accessories. With LiveStage™, you'll get a lifelike in-ear experience and rich surround sound – it feels like you're right there at the show. And you won't believe your eyes when you see the super-sharp photos and videos that this 8MP camera delivers on the 5-inch HD edgeless screen.

Way too big. They should've stuck with a in-between size..

i think the nexus 5 IS the in between size.  they are still pushing it with the 6 and 9 so they still see it as a viable seller (and i think they are right).  i really want this but i am worried about the size.

I want to know when can I order it from the play store.

Nexus 9 and Nexus Player will be available for pre-order on October 17 and in stores starting November 3. Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order in late October and in stores in November—with options for an unlocked version though Play store, or a monthly contract or installment plan through carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular and Verizon. Specific carrier rollout will be subject to certification completion and will vary. Check out 
google.com/nexus for more details on availability.

i think the nexus 5 IS the in between size.  they are still pushing it with the 6 and 9 so they still see it as a viable seller (and i think they are right).  i really want this but i am worried about the size.

the nexus 5 is still going to be available, does not specify new hardware, but probably new hardware revision, looks like a couple new colors too

https://www.google.com/nexus/5/

Edited by dedub

That would be a fail on their part. Part of the beauty of the Nexus was being able to pick it up from Google Play off contract for $350-400. At $550, most would have to use an upgrade or easy pay option through their carrier.

The Nexus 6 will be available to preorder on October 29th, and it'll be available in stores beginning in November. You'll be able to buy it unlocked for $649 or on a monthly contract, and it appears that'll be offered on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.

The Nexus 6 will be available to preorder on October 29th, and it'll be available in stores beginning in November. You'll be able to buy it unlocked for $649 or on a monthly contract, and it appears that'll be offered on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.

$649? Maybe I'll stick to buying the Nexus 9.

The price point is certainly off putting, but not unexpected with the top of the line specs and size. It will leave most to using their upgrade or easy pay.

I do find it interesting that they recreated the page for the N5 and pushing it along side of the new devices. Sort of like the midsize option. 

Looking forward to Lollipop rolling out soon!

Exactly. I think the nexus 5 is the perfect size. But hey, I might be wrong. I personally would not want a phablet as I have a computer, and an iPad. But perhaps they are trying to catch people who have neither, and want a middle slice.

This sounds like carrier pricing. For whatever reason the carriers always charge more than Google would in its own store.

Did Google announce pricing yet?

• Like 1

Exactly. I think the nexus 5 is the perfect size. But hey, I might be wrong. I personally would not want a phablet as I have a computer, and an iPad. But perhaps they are trying to catch people who have neither, and want a middle slice.

But its still smaller than an Iphone 6+ and the screen is .4 bigger..

Go figure..

• Like 4

This sounds like carrier pricing, For whatever reason the carriers always charge more than Google would in its own store.

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.nl/2014/10/nexus-6-from-google-and-motorola-more.html?linkId=10037351

Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order through the Google Play Store in late October starting at $649. There are two colors to choose from - Midnight Blue or Cloud White - and two memory options - 32GB and 64GB. Nexus 6 will also be available on motorola.com and through carrier partners starting in November. You’ll hear from our carrier partners soon with additional pricing and availability information. In all, Nexus 6 will come to 28 countries across Europe, Asia-Pacific and North America starting later this year and as we head into Q1.

• Like 1

650 is kind of a shock, i was expecing 500 or 550, but at least it is comging 32 and 64 gig now.

still, 650 beats 850 for 64g iphone 6+

Edited by dedub