Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

YAY got an email earlier today 19th November saying my N6 has shipped from kentucky. ETA end of day Friday 21st November. And you all were right the price drop did happen. Glad I waited it out and ordered today 19th November. Cant Wait!

You ordered from Sprint site? I went ahead and ordered today, a couple of hours ago. I hope to know more tomorrow.
  • Like 1

You ordered from Sprint site? I went ahead and ordered today, a couple of hours ago. I hope to know more tomorrow.

Yes I did.  I ordered it at about 4 Eastern time on the 19th.  And got an email at 914 eastern time on the 19th saying it had been shipped, and it just left Kentucky a few hours ago.  So Hopefully UPS is early on the delivery.  It says delivery on the 21st, but if it shows up to the store I may just pick it up at the UPS store instead of waiting for delivery.  Thats a perfect world though.

Anyone know if this is going to require a signature upon delivery or if they will just leave it in mailbox/on front porch?  I would think signature due to the price, but who knows.

Every android phone I have owned has had a notification LED. My current one (Nexus 5) even changes color based on what notifications I have. We've also had actionable notifications for awhile.

I meant the camera flash (designed for people that are hard of hearing). My m8 received the option with their last update, but it does absolutely nothing. As a trucker with my phone on a windshield mount all day, I need to see what the notification is every time I receive one. My G2, nexus 5, and m8 have never done that for me. If I get a text, I don't want to just see an envelope icon after unlocking the phone which is dangerous while driving.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I meant the camera flash (designed for people that are hard of hearing). My m8 received the option with their last update, but it does absolutely nothing. As a trucker with my phone on a windshield mount all day, I need to see what the notification is every time I receive one. My G2, nexus 5, and m8 have never done that for me. If I get a text, I don't want to just see an envelope icon after unlocking the phone which is dangerous while driving.

Sent from my iPhone 6

N6 has ambient display for all notifications its awesome!

• Like 1

Anyone know if this is going to require a signature upon delivery or if they will just leave it in mailbox/on front porch?  I would think signature due to the price, but who knows.

Mine was delivered around 3pm today. No signature required. UPS just left it on my front door. Just got home and hoping to play with it for a few minutes before bed.

• Like 1

Got my n6 activated. Awesome phone so far. One issue I found so far is with LTE engineering screens, its not there. My n5 running 5.0 had it? Kinda odd.

Not accessible via dialer codes?

nobody reporting radio/signal quality on the n6?  better/worse than n5 in same locations?

That's what I'm waiting for.  Motorola tends to do pretty good with RF, so I am hoping it is better, but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

That's what I'm waiting for. Motorola tends to do pretty good with RF, so I am hoping it is better, but I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

so far I'm seeing big speed gains over my 5 in the same locations. Like 22 Mbps were I was getting 7 before.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

so far I'm seeing big speed gains over my 5 in the same locations. Like 22 Mbps were I was getting 7 before.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What about signal differences from the same site and serving cell via Signalcheck?

• Like 1

Looks like we need a user thread now.

You don't have to go to the new users thread, but you can't stay here.  Closing time.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6631-motorolagoogle-nexus-6-users-thread/

AJ

• Like 4

• S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")