Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

Come again?  Nothing you said made sense.

AJ

Typing Swype and a small box can kill a word or two.

Long hand...The Note Edge has rural roaming, but most 1st time device's have MFG flaws, and the price is way too high.

The lackluster screen of the Nexus 6 leaves a lot to be desired, for the price.

Friday I will have to evaluate all three, but for a better screen, and rural roaming the Note edge has my attention.

I wanted a larger screen, but dual speakers and a mediocre screen is mehat that price.

I tried to edit,and could not then I got busy at work

Typing Swype and a small box can kill a word or two.

Long hand...The Note Edge has rural roaming, but most 1st time device's have MFG flaws, and the price is way too high.

The lackluster screen of the Nexus 6 leaves a lot to be desired, for the price.

Friday I will have to evaluate all three, but for a better screen, and rural roaming the Note edge has my attention.

I wanted a larger screen, but dual speakers and a mediocre screen is mehat that price.

I tried to edit,and could not then I got busy at work

I thought both phones had rural roaming but the Note Edge has carrier aggregation? I may be remembering wrong though.

Edited by datajosh
  • Like 2

I just hope BB gets it for Sprint soon... I am getting anxious.  I always buy though BB because I like the geek squad protection, even if, they are charging a deductible now.  And I currently have about $200 phone credit with BB. but some of that expires at the end of Dec.

I just hope BB gets it for Sprint soon... I am getting anxious. I always buy though BB because I like the geek squad protection, even if, they are charging a deductible now. And I currently have about $200 phone credit with BB. but some of that expires at the end of Dec.

Just curious but why go through BestBuy when they don't cover lost or stolen when Sprints does?

Sent from my LG-LS980

Just curious but why go through BestBuy when they don't cover lost or stolen when Sprints does?

Sent from my LG-LS980

Because with Sprint you still have to deal with the 3rd party insurance company not directly with Sprint. my wife had an issue with her phone, and they required it to be sent in to be repaired. where as with geeksquad I get to keep my phone until the replacement comes in. they used to give you a loaner phone, if your phone was completely Dead, but they stopped that which I also don't like. And geeksquad is still lower priced.

Because with Sprint you still have to deal with the 3rd party insurance company not directly with Sprint. my wife had an issue with her phone, and they required it to be sent in to be repaired. where as with geeksquad I get to keep my phone until the replacement comes in. they used to give you a loaner phone, if your phone was completely Dead, but they stopped that which I also don't like. And geeksquad is still lower priced.

Fair enough. Both have their perks I see. I used to have Geek Squad insurance but never hopped on it when they added the deductible. I never used a claim to repair a phone though. It was peace of mind really.

Sent from my LG-LS980

Best Buy also has their "phone freedom" promotional gift card for upgrades, if you signed up early in the year for it.

I signed up both my brother and mom for this promo and they give you a 50 dollar gift card when you buy and sign a contract at the Best Buy store. You can use it towards the payment of your phone.

Still have mine but will pass on the upgrade since I dont want to pay $299 for the phone plus taxes plus activation fee ~ $394 total

Doh

Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to wait no action is needed. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing. If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

Doh

Status: Your order or a portion of your order is in backorder status. If you would like to wait no action is needed. If you would like to select an alternate product or cancel your backordered item, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note that cancellation requests may not always process successfully due to the speed of warehouse processing. If you cancelled your backordered item but still received a shipment, please refuse the shipment or call us to process a return within 14 days of receipt.

I got the same message, lets hope this is resolved quickly. I personally am in no hurry. I still need a bit of time to sell my G3.

I got the same message, lets hope this is resolved quickly. I personally am in no hurry. I still need a bit of time to sell my G3.

I like my N5 and wonder if I can find it in a store to play with it. This or the Note Edge for me....I want rural roaming bands or I would consider the Note 4! I need to see if the screen lack luster nit performance will be a deal breaker.

Loving the speaker and battery/screen size even though it lags behind the Note 4 it beats the Note Edge in the battery department. I found a store that claims to have them a day ago hopefully I can try both units out. I feel that the Note edge is way over priced, but the rural roaming and better performance for 6.00 more on easy pay evens things out just a bit!

I already ordered a Nexus 6 case, and now I may need a Note edge case....ROFL....decisions decisions. Anyone want to help me just pull the trigger on buying Lollipop 5 and the N6 with lack luster screen, and camera performance over the Note Edge based on the reasons I may get the Note Edge?

• Like 1

I like my N5 and wonder if I can find it in a store to play with it. This or the Note Edge for me....I want rural roaming bands or I would consider the Note 4! I need to see if the screen lack luster nit performance will be a deal breaker.

No, that is incorrect.  The Sprint variant Galaxy Note Edge does not support CCA/RRPP roaming bands.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6538-galaxy-note-edge-smn915p/?p=382930

AJ

• Like 1

Loving the speaker and battery/screen size even though it lags behind the Note 4 it beats the Note Edge in the battery department. I found a store that claims to have them a day ago hopefully I can try both units out. I feel that the Note edge is way over priced, but the rural roaming and better performance for 6.00 more on easy pay evens things out just a bit!

I already ordered a Nexus 6 case, and now I may need a Note edge case....ROFL....decisions decisions. Anyone want to help me just pull the trigger on buying Lollipop 5 and the N6 with lack luster screen, and camera performance over the Note Edge based on the reasons I may get the Note Edge?

The display on the N6 is amoled, so they always tend to be less bright than other comparible screen techs. But if your into the best video playback experience, Amoled takes the black level cake.

Also it allows other cool stuff like active display without draining battery (ask any moto X user its awesome)

Another thing, as AJ mentioned rural CCA/RRPP support as well.

The only real advantage I see in the note edge is the Carrier Aggregation support which is awesome for showing off your e-penis, but not much more. The curved display definitely fall into the gimmicky category, at least for now, and dont bother with it if your left handed.

One last thing...Pure Android.

I just tried all 4 sprint stores and none of them have the nexus 6 or note edge in stock yet. Google and Motorola really dropped the ball. This is probably the worst phone launch in history.

Both items are currently Direct Ship only. The Nexus 6 press announcement said as much. You can visit a Sprint store to order it.

" Nexus 6 will be available beginning Friday, Nov. 14, in Sprint direct ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1."

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/get-nexus-6-on-nov-14-with-the-sprint-family-share-pack--the-best-value-for-families-who-want-shared-data.htm

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

Both items are currently Direct Ship only. The Nexus 6 press announcement said as much. You can visit a Sprint store to order it.

" Nexus 6 will be available beginning Friday, Nov. 14, in Sprint direct ship sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Web Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1."

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/get-nexus-6-on-nov-14-with-the-sprint-family-share-pack--the-best-value-for-families-who-want-shared-data.htm

Sent from my Sprint LG G3

They are on backorder regardless. Still a fail from google.