Google Nexus 6 by Motorola (Was "Nexus X talk leaked?")

smorcy11

I'm pretty sure I want the 64 GB version. I'm glad to hear your impressions of the 2014 Moto X were so favorable. I'm just a little hesitant to order on the 29th as I would like to see how it goes for the early adopters. :)

Is anyone going to place their order on the 29th?

I think I'm going to wait about two weeks until users here and on YouTube give their thoughts on battery life and reception

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think I'm going to wait about two weeks until users here and on YouTube give their thoughts on battery life and reception

The first two rules of S4GRU:

1. It must have good engineering screens.
  2. It MUST have good engineering screens.

AJ

• Like 7

I'm pretty sure I want the 64 GB version.  I'm glad to hear your impressions of the 2014 Moto X were so favorable.  I'm just a little hesitant to order on the 29th as I would like to see how it goes for the early adopters.  :)

If you wait, you may get stuck weeks behind the backlog of initial orders.  So, some of us will probably place our orders immediately upon opening this week.  And as a safety net, Google Play has a return policy.

AJ

• Like 1

If you wait, you may get stuck weeks behind the backlog of initial orders.  So, some of us will probably place our orders immediately upon opening this week.  And as a safety net, Google Play has a return policy.

AJ

Yeah, I remember this all too well last year!  I was one of the lucky ones.

th it is...

AJ

OK, You are correct: "Engineering Screens" and the 29th it is...  :)

You guys are making me want to buy mine on the 29th with my credit card and sell some of my other devices to pay my balance down ???? at the moment I really need easy pay though.

Sent from my Nexus 5

You guys are making me want to buy mine on the 29th with my credit card and sell some of my other devices to pay my balance down at the moment I really need easy pay though.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Luckily, my credit cards are all balance free.  Time to help out the economy!  Go for it! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember this all too well last year!  I was one of the lucky ones.

Does that make you Amy Grant?

AJ

I don't think I've ever seen a device with bad numbers be a good performer. But I've seen midrange EIRP numbers be good performers. Like the Sprint Note 2. And I've seen good numbers be bad or just fair performers.

But anything with sub 16 EIRP numbers, in my experience, has been bad. Like the Verizon Note 3. It's LTE RF performance was awful. Probably the worst Verizon LTE device ever. My boss threw his across the room and destroyed it because he got so frustrated with it.

Using Sharp AQUOS Crystal on Tapatalk

That's frightening. I hope it wasn't in your direction lol.

• Like 1

Anyone know the RF performance for the nexus 6? Is it better than the iPhone?

iPhone 6/6+

Band 25

5 MHz FDD channels: max EIRP 23.18dBm

Band 26

5 MHz FDD channels: max ERP 19.00dBm

Band 41 (Spark)

20 MHz TDD channels: max EIRP 31.86dBm

Nexus 6:

Band 2:  good performance (~25 dBm)

Band 4:  excellent performance (~26 dBm)

Band 5:  good performance (~19 dBm)

Band 12:  excellent performance (~21 dBm)

Band 13:  excellent performance (~22 dBm)

Band 17:  good performance (~20 dBm)

Band 25:  good performance (~25 dBm)

Band 26:  good performance (~19 dBm)

Band 41:  good performance (~25 dBm)

Copied from previous threads on S4GRU.com

• Like 1

Nexus 6:

Band 2:  good performance (~25 dBm)

Band 4:  excellent performance (~26 dBm)

Band 5:  good performance (~19 dBm)

Band 12:  excellent performance (~21 dBm)

Band 13:  excellent performance (~22 dBm)

Band 17:  good performance (~20 dBm)

Band 25:  good performance (~25 dBm)

Band 26:  good performance (~19 dBm)

Band 41:  good performance (~25 dBm)

And, somewhat ironically, which domestic operator seems to come out the winner in the Nexus 6 LTE RF sweepstakes?

AJ

And, somewhat ironically, which domestic operator seems to come out the winner in the Nexus 6 LTE RF sweepstakes?

AJ

Sprint. Band 4 lte in 2nd place.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Sprint. Band 4 lte in 2nd place.

Looks more like T-Mobile or Verizon, with Band 4 (AWS) and Band 12 / Band 13 (700ac) looking "excellent" while most of the others are all "good"

(I don't think the bands are ranked "in place" -- I think they're just sorted numerically)

I'm pretty sure I want the 64 GB version.  I'm glad to hear your impressions of the 2014 Moto X were so favorable.  I'm just a little hesitant to order on the 29th as I would like to see how it goes for the early adopters.  :)

I'll be ordering on the 29th.  I hope I get lucky like last year and get one of the first batches.

• Like 1

I'll be ordering on the 29th.  I hope I get lucky like last year and get one of the first batches.

Yeah, me as well.  Now I have to decide which debt free credit card I want to melt down by putting $700 on it.  Geez...

Yeah, me as well.  Now I have to decide which debt free credit card I want to melt down by putting $700 on it.  Geez...

Just grab some tongs, hold all of your cards above your lit Bunsen burner, and you will incur no further debt.

:P

AJ

sorry (haven't read the last 20 pages)

but what have yall been guessing as the Sprint on contract price? $200? $250?

Last time i got my N5 for -$5, so I'm trying to ballpark how much the N6 might cost if i buy. 

"Y'all" should expect to pay eleventy billion dollars.

AJ

Just grab some tongs, hold all of your cards above your lit Bunsen burner, and you will incur no further debt.

:P

AJ

I'll look at it this way; it will make me appreciate my job even more. Ah, the price of new toys.

So I just read that the N6 has the double tap to wake feature that I absolutely loved from my old G2. 

Edit:  Yeah, I know you can get it on the N5 with custom ROMs etc, but it never worked as fluidly as the G2.  Native support for it on a Nexus sounds great.

Man...  All this device has to offer, CCA capable, and stock Android.  And the great new features for SignalCheck Pro...  Going to be hard to not pick this device up and ditch my iPhone 6.

Just that screen size...  I am going to have to wait and hold one at a store before pulling the trigger.  If I end up deciding to get one, maybe I'll have it around Christmas ha.

So I just read that the N6 has the double tap to wake feature that I absolutely loved from my old G2. 

Edit:  Yeah, I know you can get it on the N5 with custom ROMs etc, but it never worked as fluidly as the G2.  Native support for it on a Nexus sounds great.

Man...  All this device has to offer, CCA capable, and stock Android.  And the great new features for SignalCheck Pro...  Going to be hard to not pick this device up and ditch my iPhone 6.

Just that screen size...  I am going to have to wait and hold one at a store before pulling the trigger.  If I end up deciding to get one, maybe I'll have it around Christmas ha.

Your iPhone 6 should come close to covering the cost.  :tu:

• Like 1