Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

9 hours ago, pokefan02 said:

Quick question, I have Everything 450, w/unlimited calling and the international add-on from a couple years ago paying $ 72 a month. Does anyone believe moving to Unlimited Freedom make sense? I have Pre ordered the S9+ @ full price already . Thanks for any help given 

Since you paid full retail for a device, it doesn’t make sense in my opinion to stay on an old plan which has a subsidy meant for 2 Year Contracts (that are no longer available).... unless you have a discount that outweighs switching.

One line of Unlimited Freedom will cost you $60/Month with AutoPay Discount Included and before any taxes or fees. If you qualify for a Corporate Discount, that’s an additional $5/Month off, so you’re at $55/Month with AutoPay, before taxes and Fees.

Unlike your current plan, Unlimited Freedom also includes 10 GB of High Speed LTE Mobile Hotspot per Month.

As far as International Roaming on Sprint, Global Roaming is the new Add On, and it includes a “Premium International Experience” on Unlimited Freedom.

If you currently have Open World for International Roaming, it is no longer offered. If you switch to Global Roaming, you can’t get it back.

In short, I think you should switch to Unlimited Freedom.

• Like 2

As someone who could benefit from a Sprint/Charter relationship, I can get behind this!  We need all of the small cells, strand mounts and backhaul we can get in NC/SC to fill in the very many gaps that exist on the Sprint network here.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, bill875 said:

As someone who could benefit from a Sprint/Charter relationship, I can get behind this!  We need all of the small cells, strand mounts and backhaul we can get in NC/SC to fill in the very many gaps that exist on the Sprint network here.

I can benefit from Charter coming out with their wireless offering. None of our 4 lines goes over 1.5 GB a month so we will be good candidates for their $12/GB plan provided they follow Comcast in their pricing.

I thought Charter said they were cool with their agreement with Verizon and was planning on using them for their MVNO (whenever that will be). I think for Charter to get in bed with Sprint they would need to see some major progress with the network. I think it would be a great move honestly. I use Spectrum for my home wifi and its great to get 100 down for $44 a month. But if we are all honest, even though Sprint has come a long way they just do not have the greatest track record. I do however hope that is a thing of the past starting next month. 

• Like 1

I dont know if the quad play has all that much value in it anymore. Cable tv is a dying business and it is dying at a faster clip than ever. Maybe the content relationships will be key with the comming of 5g. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 5:42 PM, RAvirani said:

I’d guess it’s more closely related to employee selection and qualification, incentives and company culture. 

Sprint is definitely turning that around but they still have a decent way to go. 

Exactly how my mind was thinking.  I love Overland Park. Every time I go there I look up and feel as if its the Truman Show.  It would be a great study how environment plays into the running of a company.  If for instance if the company would have been headquartered in Reston, Va.   Would the team been more opportunistic? I was in Overland Park two weeks ago.  And just a feeling came over me  like the Mark twain saying  "When the world Ends, I wanna be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else."

• Like 3

12 hours ago, runagun said:

Exactly how my mind was thinking.  I love Overland Park. Every time I go there I look up and feel as if its the Truman Show.  It would be a great study how environment plays into the running of a company.  If for instance if the company would have been headquartered in Reston, Va.   Would the team been more opportunistic? I was in Overland Park two weeks ago.  And just a feeling came over me  like the Mark twain saying  "When the world Ends, I wanna be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else."

Sprint is still a telecom company and not a wireless company at heart. Which means lots of bureaucracy and stilted decision making. T-Mobile USA was always more entrepreneurial. Now if you look at employee headcount, T-Mobile has approximately 50,000 and Sprint 28,000. Hmmmmm....it seems Sprint outsources a lot of work.

Edited by bigsnake49

21 hours ago, derrph said:

I thought Charter said they were cool with their agreement with Verizon and was planning on using them for their MVNO (whenever that will be). I think for Charter to get in bed with Sprint they would need to see some major progress with the network. I think it would be a great move honestly. I use Spectrum for my home wifi and its great to get 100 down for $44 a month. But if we are all honest, even though Sprint has come a long way they just do not have the greatest track record. I do however hope that is a thing of the past starting next month. 

Charter and Sprint can both benefit from strand and pole mounted small cells. They can cost share on small cells that broadcast on 2.5GHz, CBRS and LAA spectrum.

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

I know it’s early on and a lot of talk surrounding sprint about 5G and new technology... haven’t been on this thread for a while, but are there any improvement been reported early on .. haven’t seen any real big improvements here In El Paso .. seems like things are on stand still... any added coverage reported ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was playing around with VCC on my essential last night.  Started the call on Wifi, shut wifi off and the call failed over flawlessly to VoLTE but the interesting thing is when i turned wifi back on, the call transferred BACK to wifi fairly instantly.  That part is new right?  Never used to transfer back when in wifi range.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, swintec said:

Was playing around with VCC on my essential last night.  Started the call on Wifi, shut wifi off and the call failed over flawlessly to VoLTE but the interesting thing is when i turned wifi back on, the call transferred BACK to wifi fairly instantly.  That part is new right?  Never used to transfer back when in wifi range.

That’s been happening on my iPhone for quite a while now...

2 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

https://www.androidcentral.com/deal-get-boosts-unlimited-plus-plan-20gb-hotspot-data-just-60-month?amp

Why is boost offering better plans than Sprint postpaid? Has Sprint lost it or something?

The $60 is after a $5 autopay discount. The main difference there is 20GB hotspot vs 10GB hotspot. 

Plus, as mentioned above, no roaming. I don't think Boost is able to use the roaming partners like USCC or NexTech either.

• Like 1

The $60 is after a $5 autopay discount. The main difference there is 20GB hotspot vs 10GB hotspot. 

Plus, as mentioned above, no roaming. I don't think Boost is able to use the roaming partners like USCC or NexTech either.
I've been able to use voice roaming on uscc. That is it however.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I've been able to use voice roaming on uscc. That is it however.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

not data???hmm interesting...i guess sprint enabled only volte and no data