Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

6 minutes ago, cyclone said:

You also have to factor in early upgrades and forgiven debt from upgrading early. Those are full term prices

Yes each company will also be offering their own incentives in regards to trading in and such, a lot to keep track of.

Personally, I just want to S8 Active to drop in price.

An interesting little tidbit from MWC

BARCELONA, February 26, 2018 – Airbus, Delta, OneWeb, Sprint, and Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”) announce the formation of the Seamless Air Alliance – which will usher in a new era of innovation for airlines on all routes. By empowering member mobile operators to extend their services into airline cabins, the Seamless Air Alliance will allow them to continuously provide their customers - via satellite technology - with the same high speed, low latency connectivity from ground, to air and back again. It will also significantly reduce costs for everyone involved while creating a smooth, positive user-experience.

The alliance – which aims to attract additional industry operators beyond the five initial members – will eliminate the immense costs and hurdles commonly associated with acquisition, installation, and operation of data access infrastructure by streamlining system integration and certification, providing open specifications for interoperability, increasing accessibility for passengers, and enabling simple and integrated billing.

“What if the best internet you ever experienced was in the air? Keeping this goal in mind, together, we will enable an affordable and frictionless experience for passengers everywhere,” said Greg Wyler, Founder and Executive Chairman of OneWeb. “With the launch of our first production satellites set for later this year, we’re one step closer to bridging the global Digital Divide on land and in the air.”

“Easy-to-use, high-speed connectivity is part of the next revolution in aerospace,” said Marc Fontaine, Airbus Digital Transformation Officer. “We’re excited to create this seamless experience for our airline customers and their passengers. As we showed with our Skywise aviation data platform, Airbus is committed to innovation that creates value across the aviation industry.”

“We know that Delta customers have an expectation that their internet connection just works – no matter where they are in their travel journey” said Gil West, SEVP & COO. “Delta is constantly looking at innovative ways to improve the customer experience. We are excited to be collaborating with other visionary companies, and that our existing partner Gogo will be joining the alliance as Delta develops a system that not only benefits Delta customers, but the entire airline industry.”

“With our 5G network rolling out next year we’re investing heavily to make sure our customers have the best mobile Internet experience possible,” said Dow Draper, Chief Commercial Officer, Sprint. “As an initial member of the Seamless Alliance, we’re looking forward to enabling customers to experience Sprint’s high-speed connectivity in the air, hassle-free.”

seamlessCREATIVE2(2).jpg

Gopal Vittal, MD & CEO (India & South Asia), Bharti Airtel said: “We are delighted to be an initial member of this innovative technology platform to bring seamless connectivity to customers in the true sense. Over 370 million mobile customers across Airtel’s global network will be able to enjoy uninterrupted access to high speed data services even while they are in-flight. We look forward to collaborating with all partner members to ensure this platform goes LIVE at the earliest.” Airtel is the third largest mobile operator in the world with operations in 16 countries across Asia and Africa.

Michael Small, CEO of Gogo added:  “As the  market-leader in inflight connectivity, Gogo is excited to join the Seamless Alliance. We look forward to working with the Alliance to develop future generations of inflight connectivity, which will provide airline passengers worldwide with simple, fast and reliable connectivity”

To learn more about the Seamless Air Alliance, and how to become a member, please sign up at www.seamlessalliance.com.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jamesinclair said:

Galaxy S9 pricing is pretty varied by carrier:

Samsung: $720
Tmobile: $720
AT&T: $790
SprintL $792
Verizon: $799

Disappointed that Sprint is charging a premium with the other two bad companies.

Has the specs to be a killer phone for Sprint!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, though said:

Has the specs to be a killer phone for Sprint!

Once 4x4 MIMO is live on B41 can we imagine 4x4 MIMO and 5CA B41?  What will it be? I already reserved pre-order through Samsung directly, $150 trade in for my Note 5.

12 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

Once 4x4 MIMO is live on B41 can we imagine 4x4 MIMO and 5CA B41?  What will it be? I already reserved pre-order through Samsung directly, $150 trade in for my Note 5.

4x4 + 2x2 + 2x2 + 2x2 + 2x2 w/ 256 qam on 20 mhz carriers rounds out to little over 1 gb. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

4x4 + 2x2 + 2x2 + 2x2 + 2x2 w/ 256 qam on 20 mhz carriers rounds out to little over 1 gb. 

That will be the day when everyone out there will see what Sprint can really push across most markets.  I cannot wait to post them 500Mbps+ Speedtest to those showing off 200-300Mbps on VZ or TMobile.  My S9+ will be locked and ready!

1 hour ago, bucdenny said:

That will be the day when everyone out there will see what Sprint can really push across most markets.  I cannot wait to post them 500Mbps+ Speedtest to those showing off 200-300Mbps on VZ or TMobile.  My S9+ will be locked and ready!

Im perfectly happy with anything above 10Mbps lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, lilotimz said:

What kind of spectrum was Tmobile using to achieve over 1 GB? They have less spectrum than Sprint so why are they able to keep up?

2 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

What kind of spectrum was Tmobile using to achieve over 1 GB? They have less spectrum than Sprint so why are they able to keep up?

Probably some of that MMWave or LAA spectrum I would guess.

Do you think sprint will turn on 4x4 MIMO and 256qam in coming weeks? Launch week of the s9?
256 qam who knows but unless my contact is misinformed, already starting to use 4x4 Mimo on b26.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He has to be misinformed. B26 can NOT do 4x4 MIMO.
He's a Sprint engineer but could be confused....

Oh yes – John is talking about our 4X4 on 800.  Right now we are at 4X2.  We are doing this wherever we can get the antenna entitled.   Some are on air already.  We essentially end up doubling our ULTP on 800 LTE channel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terrell352 said:

He has to be misinformed. B26 can NOT do 4x4 MIMO.

Note the 800 Mhz RRU #1 & #2 in the picture.  That is setup for 4x4 MIMO.

• Like 3

On 2/21/2018 at 2:23 PM, jamesinclair said:

I noticed an ad on Facebook for the Galaxy S8 for only $8 a month.

I also noticed every single comment on the ad was negative. People were furious that when they logged on to their accounts to take advantage of the deal, it wasn't there. New customers only.

Sure enough, when I log on, my great deal is $25 a month after my loyalty discount. Yeah, no thanks.

It baffles me that you would spend money on an ad that makes your customers upset.

Yeah right now the only deal seems to be the V30+ for $20/month for existing.

They've had 50% off S8/Note 8 for a while now for new customers only.  There was a Cyber Monday sale that had those $200 off over 18 months for everyone.  Existing customer deals are rare with Sprint.

50 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Yeah right now the only deal seems to be the V30+ for $20/month for existing.

They've had 50% off S8/Note 8 for a while now for new customers only.  There was a Cyber Monday sale that had those $200 off over 18 months for everyone.  Existing customer deals are rare with Sprint.

Why rare? 

Why rare? 
I agree, I don't think they're that rare. There were a lot of promotions for existing customers going on in October/November/December. There was an LG promo for $5/month, along with the Essential promo for $5/month. That's usually when most of the Sprint promotions are I think, for all carriers.

There might be a promo for the S8 once the S9 is actually available.

I agree, I don't think they're that rare. There were a lot of promotions for existing customers going on in October/November/December. There was an LG promo for $5/month, along with the Essential promo for $5/month. That's usually when most of the Sprint promotions are I think, for all carriers.

There might be a promo for the S8 once the S9 is actually available.

I am really shocked they don’t include current customers. Doing a promotion for new customers and current customers can be an incentive to keep current customers with the carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1