Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

38 minutes ago, derrph said:

Minus the upload speeds, do these numbers really show a difference in real world usage? I don’t think so. It is good to see Sprint have a average above 20mbps now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, at those speeds it's all about pings and Sprint is pretty much number one in that regard at least for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Minus the upload speeds, do these numbers really show a difference in real world usage? I don’t think so. It is good to see Sprint have a average above 20mbps now.

With the up load speed they don't show a differnece in real world use. The problem with sprint in real world use in my area is the many places were I walk in doors and lose LTE and the fact I cant stream video on the move because the network is inconsistent. These problems are only partially picked up in average speed tests results. 

1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

I wonder if Nationwide 4x4 mimo 256qam will help? Sprint needs that more than anyone. Same for 64qam on up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's the thing about Sprint. They have so much they have not deployed that we have not even come close to seeing what they can really do yet. VoLTE, 4x4 MIMO, 256/64 QAM, 2XCA upload, 4xCA, 5xCA getting nearly every tower with b41 and now b25/41 CA and b26/41 CA plus b25/26 CA. Massive Mimo and 5G NR. They are not far behind the other carriers and none of this above is even active. What's going to happen when it is?

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

That's the thing about Sprint. They have so much they have not deployed that we have not even come close to seeing what they can really do yet. VoLTE, 4x4 MIMO, 256/64 QAM, 2XCA upload, 4xCA, 5xCA getting nearly every tower with b41 and now b25/41 CA and b26/41 CA plus b25/26 CA. Massive Mimo and 5G NR. They are not far behind the other carriers and none of this above is even active. What's going to happen when it is?

John Legere will #SprintLikeHell back to the cave he came from

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Well, the Galaxy 9 will be the first phone that will take advantage of all that except the whole 5G NR. John Saw needs to move and execute fast. I think Tmobile really wanted that Sprint merger because of that whopping 160mhz of 2.5ghz spectrum for 5G.

• Like 3

There are things I don't get either. Why B26 is just now going to get aggregated. There is no reason the S6-s7 shouldn't have had B26 CA. There's also the crap of not thinking about Aggregating B13 with 25 or 41 in Puerto Rico on the S9.I also don't get in Orlando FL why almost a year later some towers don't have 15x15 while others do. It's just a software update. How hard is that. 

Not terribly detailed, but at least a peek into how Sprint's RF team tune and test the network...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?content_id=126642&linkId=47922109

Would love to see more of these with more detail in the future...

Again that upload is going to impress no one.

35 minutes ago, nexgencpu said:

Not terribly detailed, but at least a peek into how Sprint's RF team tune and test the network...

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?content_id=126642&linkId=47922109

"If you’re a news organization and would like to experience a network test drive, please contact Sprint at media.relations@sprint.com for more information."

>Belus here at the Myrtle Beach Daily Necropolis Times, tell me more about this test drive . . .

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nexgencpu said:

Interesting write up. I’ve got some spots in DC that they should definitely test out.

Weird that it’s not up on the actual Blog Page yet: http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/

How did you get the direct Link?

There are things I don't get either. Why B26 is just now going to get aggregated. There is no reason the S6-s7 shouldn't have had B26 CA. There's also the crap of not thinking about Aggregating B13 with 25 or 41 in Puerto Rico on the S9.I also don't get in Orlando FL why almost a year later some towers don't have 15x15 while others do. It's just a software update. How hard is that. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really think masa was holding back on the capital needed to do those upgrades. Marcelo, after the failed merger, repeatedly says something to the effect that sprint is finally able to use full network strength when he's interviewed.
Something must have changed masa's mind during those t mobile negotiations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jones said:

I really think masa was holding back on the capital needed to do those upgrades. Marcelo, after the failed merger, repeatedly says something to the effect that sprint is finally able to use full network strength when he's interviewed.
Something must have changed masa's mind during those t mobile negotiations.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It sure seems like it, even though Tarek Robbiati (Former CFO) said that they didn’t put their upgrades on hold for the merger, in case it didn’t go through.

I'm just now seeing 10x10 B25 in Philly. 
I wish they could do it here in Minnesota. There is only couple cities where it's possible but hasn't happened.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

There are things I don't get either. Why B26 is just now going to get aggregated. There is no reason the S6-s7 shouldn't have had B26 CA. There's also the crap of not thinking about Aggregating B13 with 25 or 41 in Puerto Rico on the S9.I also don't get in Orlando FL why almost a year later some towers don't have 15x15 while others do. It's just a software update. How hard is that. 

While they agree to swap spectrum on a market bases, the actual spectrum swaps have to be done on a site by site basis. It could be a software switch but people from Sprint and the other carriers actually have to do it, possibly late at night/early morning, then do a drive by test. It's probably the testing that is actually holding it up.

Are Sprint Small cells/ Mini Macros 4x4 mimo & 256qam compatiable?
That's a good question. Small cells are supposed to help with the foundation to 5G. 5G will need more than 2x2 mimo and 64qam.

24 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

That's a good question. Small cells are supposed to help with the foundation to 5G. 5G will need more than 2x2 mimo and 64qam.

I would hope they are since they are only capable of 2xca. If they are in fact capable of 4x4 MIMO and 256qam then we should be ok. 

Question about the unlimited data promotion for $100 for five lines. I had an online rep try to get me to switch my 40GB share plan to unlimited. I currently have 5 lines. Said I could get the promotion price. I told him it would save me about $11 a month until the promotion ends March of next year then the price would almost double. He said Sprint should have another promotion by then. I asked if he could guarantee I would be eligible for the offer. He said I would. I guess my question is for those who’ve been on the promotion long enough has anyone let it expire and have to pay more or did you get on another promotion price?

Question about the unlimited data promotion for $100 for five lines. I had an online rep try to get me to switch my 40GB share plan to unlimited. I currently have 5 lines. Said I could get the promotion price. I told him it would save me about $11 a month until the promotion ends March of next year then the price would almost double. He said Sprint should have another promotion by then. I asked if he could guarantee I would be eligible for the offer. He said I would. I guess my question is for those who’ve been on the promotion long enough has anyone let it expire and have to pay more or did you get on another promotion price?

Don't fall for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hard to say. Sprint is planning to raise prices next year when their 5G network comes around first half of 2019. So if you get on this promo, you’ll be subject to whatever price increase that happens next year. Sprint is the cheaper of the other 3 but this will probably be the last time we see these kind of prices with Sprint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrph said:

Hard to say. Sprint is planning to raise prices next year when their 5G network comes around first half of 2019. So if you get on this promo, you’ll be subject to whatever price increase that happens next year. Sprint is the cheaper of the other 3 but this will probably be the last time we see these kind of prices with Sprint.

yes i feel you are correct...because they need to raise prices to get money to help invest in their network....sprint cant continue these low prices...they wont be able to survive unless they raise prices to continue to produce a positive cash flow....

• Like 1

yes i feel you are correct...because they need to raise prices to get money to help invest in their network....sprint cant continue these low prices...they wont be able to survive unless they raise prices to continue to produce a positive cash flow....

Exactly. I think they will raise prices to be slightly more expensive to T-Mobiles current prices. Even today, people aren’t as price sensitive as they once were because if that was the case,Sprint would have more net adds than what they are currently pulling. Pricing keeps the other 3 in check but it’s a two fold situation. The other 3 stay competitive price wise but Sprint kinda gets the short stick. If the cost is not a huge difference, why not go to a stronger network. At that point, Sprint gets overlooked.

This network investment they have a lot riding on it, a lot of convincing to potential customers that Sprint is the carrier to be work. But when that time comes, will people really care?

Exactly. I think they will raise prices to be slightly more expensive to T-Mobiles current prices. Even today, people aren’t as price sensitive as they once were because if that was the case,Sprint would have more net adds than what they are currently pulling. Pricing keeps the other 3 in check but it’s a two fold situation. The other 3 stay competitive price wise but Sprint kinda gets the short stick. If the cost is not a huge difference, why not go to a stronger network. At that point, Sprint gets overlooked.

This network investment they have a lot riding on it, a lot of convincing to potential customers that Sprint is the carrier to be work. But when that time comes, will people really care?

Well my view is that is Sprint can raise prices and invest in their Network they will have much more free cash coming in to actually expand LTE coverage and continue to invest intensification where they need to. I have noticed Improvement in my area. But lots of work so has to be done. I'm all for Sprint raising prices though as this will give them the muscle they need to continue the investment in the network.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk