Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

1 hour ago, avb said:

Wow - did I read AT&T had 7.2 TB of data used? If so that means Sprint users used more than 35% more data. 

It depends on the area that they're tracking data usage from. Verizon said it saw 18.8 TB of cellular data used on its networks inside the 2-mile perimeter around U.S. Bank Stadium on Sunday. Using those same constraints, AT&T said it saw 21.7 TB of traffic on Sunday. Sprint said it saw 9.7TB from its network inside the stadium and directly adjacent to it.

Also worth noting is that 57% of the people inside the stadium were using Verizon according to them.

• Like 1

A user on the r/Sprint Reddit is reporting VoLTE on iPhone.  Is VoLTE coming to fruition on the Sprint network or is this some type of Calling Plus feature within iOS that has been activated?  Thoughts? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JossMan said:

A user on the r/Sprint Reddit is reporting VoLTE on iPhone.  Is VoLTE coming to fruition on the Sprint network or is this some type of Calling Plus feature within iOS that has been activated?  Thoughts? 

I made a topic about this—see here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Im reading all of sprint network announcements from last year and I stumbled across this “In Plano, Texas, Sprint and Ericsson also recently tested Ericsson’s 64T64R Massive MIMO radios reaching peak speeds of more than 300 Mbps using a single 20 MHz channel of 2.5 GHz spectrum.” [Source]

does this mean that 3XCA with massive mimo can deliver 900mbps? And once sprint activates 5xca later this year that means 1.5gbps?

I didn’t pay much attention to their press releases last year because the merger talks overshadowed anything else Sprint announced IMO.

Im reading all of sprint network announcements from last year and I stumbled across this “In Plano, Texas, Sprint and Ericsson also recently tested Ericsson’s 64T64R Massive MIMO radios reaching peak speeds of more than 300 Mbps using a single 20 MHz channel of 2.5 GHz spectrum.” [Source]

does this mean that 3XCA with massive mimo can deliver 900mbps? And once sprint activates 5xca later this year that means 1.5gbps?
I didn’t pay much attention to their press releases last year because the merger talks overshadowed anything else Sprint announced IMO.
Could higher than 900. 4x4 mimo 256 qam can do it on 3xca. Tho other than the Moto Z there isn't many devices that support that

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah. Regressive not impressive.

They still held their 3rd position...barely but it’s still there. I would hope that with all the work currently going on that they will move the needle next report. Nice the report was released not nothing to see here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, SprintNYC said:

On the state-by-state, their one overall win came in... West Virginia, which is dominated by Shentel.  Surprise!

- Trip

On 2/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, Flompholph said:

Being last place with data useage is a good reason for T mobile to not post results. I wonder how they would spin those nubers. I know it may be asking much but I would like to see download and upload split now. 

T-Mobile is unnecessarily cocky and stuck up. Sprint on the other hand doesn't brag about it. Sprint has made a lot of improvements from what I saw on the rootmetrics report. That's a very good thing and I'm happy to see that period. 

I just got my Magic Box (ordered it 2 days ago) and I have band 41 in my apt now! I used to pull 5-8 down on band 25 but now I’m averaging 42 down on band 41

i live in an apartment so my neighbors with Sprint will benefit too! 

• Like 16

5 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think this is the fastest speed I’ve clocked to date:

https://imgur.com/a/RkRqp

241 mbps down—wow!

hey sprint is doing alot better then they where doing so its only a matter of time before things really start to improve!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I think this is the fastest speed I’ve clocked to date:

https://imgur.com/a/RkRqp

241 mbps down—wow!

This is pretty impressive during rush hour time. Do you live in a large metropolitan area?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Trip said:

On the state-by-state, their one overall win came in... West Virginia, which is dominated by Shentel.  Surprise!

- Trip

Yeh, SURPRISE.   But not really for the residents that live in Shentel controlled areas. Shentel does get things done and done correctly.

The affiliate arrangement of years ago was mostly a failure. Shentel was very very different. The other affiliates cut corners and never done the job correctly.  Shentel was just the opposite. They stepped up, did the job and are the only survivor out of all the affiliates.

Not only did they survive, they built an exceptional network. The Sprint Network would never be as good here if Sprint was controlling it themselves. Sure, somebody, somewhere in Shentel territory is going to complain.  There will be a spot somewhere that is not covered perfectly.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chamb said:

Yeh, SURPRISE.   But not really for the residents that live in Shentel controlled areas. Shentel does get things done and done correctly.

The affiliate arrangement of years ago was mostly a failure. Shentel was very very different. The other affiliates cut corners and never done the job correctly.  Shentel was just the opposite. They stepped up, did the job and are the only survivor out of all the affiliates.

Not only did they survive, they built an exceptional network. The Sprint Network would never be as good here if Sprint was controlling it themselves. Sure, somebody, somewhere in Shentel territory is going to complain.  There will be a spot somewhere that is not covered perfectly.

well at least its been improved upon which is what i was hoping to see.

51 minutes ago, chamb said:

Not quite. Swiftel is still limping along.

7 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

Would it ever make sense for Sprint to acquire Shentel or does the current affiliate agreement make more sense?

The results Sprint is getting out of Shentel is excellent.  It would never make sense to tear up this agreement.  Actually Sprint and Shentel are expanding the territory Shentel is responsible for. 

• Like 4

The results Sprint is getting out of Shentel is excellent.  It would never make sense to tear up this agreement.  Actually Sprint and Shentel are expanding the territory Shentel is responsible for. 
Any 20x20 from them yet?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk