Marcelo Claure, Town Hall Meetings, New Family Share Pack Plan, Unlimited Individual Plan, Discussion Thread

joshuam

Every MB I've been connected to I have only seen 1-8 Mbps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The one at my parents gets over 30 Mbps, using a very weak 5x5 B25 carrier for relay. It just depends on how loaded the macro is. My home MB is often in the 10-15 Mbps range, but the macro is heavily congested.

I've seen speed tests from magic boxes over 60 Mbps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It seems as though my magic box has regressed. My speeds get below 1mbps but at 6am can pump 80 down. When I got the box it wasn’t this way. Crazy thing is I have excellent signal according to the box. Starting to think about moving the box. I may try a new location that may have a slightly less than excellent signal to see what happens. If that doesn’t work then the site is too congested on b41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, derrph said:

It seems as though my magic box has regressed. My speeds get below 1mbps but at 6am can pump 80 down. When I got the box it wasn’t this way. Crazy thing is I have excellent signal according to the box. Starting to think about moving the box. I may try a new location that may have a slightly less than excellent signal to see what happens. If that doesn’t work then the site is too congested on b41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like congestion on the source site.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

At&t shocked me. I hope Sprint doesn't report a bad quarter. Stock is going to suffer.

AT&T is able to bundle services, which the CFO called a “key strategy” and the CEO also pointed to video as an “important element”:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/at-t-notches-329-000-postpaid-phone-net-adds-q4-touts-wireless-video-bundles

AT&T also said its increased Capex was partly due to the recent Tax Reform:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/at-t-s-capex-to-rise-to-25b-2018-from-just-21-6b-2017-tax-reform-firstnet

Perhaps we’ll hear Sprint say the same thing about its Capex during the call or it will be asked about by an analyst.

Edited by RedSpark
Clarified

20 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I've seen 40-50mbps on MBs before so I guess YMMV.

Yes indeed.  I've gotten 60+ out of mine.  Maybe a bit odd, but my speeds seem to increase the farther I get away from the MB.  If I am right in front of it, the speeds are slower than if I am on a different floor or different room.  

3 hours ago, RedSpark said:

AT&T is able to bundle services, which the CFO called a “key strategy” and the CEO also pointed to video as an “important element”:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/at-t-notches-329-000-postpaid-phone-net-adds-q4-touts-wireless-video-bundles

AT&T also said its increased Capex was partly due to the recent Tax Reform:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/at-t-s-capex-to-rise-to-25b-2018-from-just-21-6b-2017-tax-reform-firstnet

Perhaps we’ll hear Sprint say the same thing about its Capex during the call or it will be asked about by an analyst.

They are bleeding sat. And u-verse tv subs like crazy. I dont think dtv now adds should be looked at as a one to one offset. I know for a fact that those they add in store churn like crazy. 

Earnings Released!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/sprint-reports-highest-retail-net-additions-in-nearly-three-years-and-raises-adjusted-free-cash-flow-guidance-with-fiscal-2017-third-quarter-results.htm

Noticed this:

“Net income of $7.2 billion included $7.1 billion of non-cash benefit from tax reform, resulting from a re-measurement of our deferred tax assets and liabilities under provisions contained in the new tax law.”

This is pretty substantial.

Anybody tuning into the call this morning?

https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1550424/5346235C13CD6A7C6380F96420CF2A59

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

So much for the "awful" quarter. My assumption is most of the 72k non phone net adds are probably Apple watches.

Pretty decent if you ask me. Free cash looks particularly solid..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

For those who cannot go to the link here is a copy/paste of the highlights from the press release:

February 02, 2018
  • Postpaid net additions of 256,000, including 184,000 phone net additions
    • Tenth consecutive quarter of postpaid phone net additions
  • Prepaid net additions of 63,000 compared to net losses of 460,000 in the prior year
    • Fourth consecutive quarter of net additions and improved by 523,000 year-over-year
    • Prepaid churn improved year-over-year for the sixth consecutive quarter
  • Net income of $7.2 billion, operating income of $727 million, and adjusted EBITDA* of $2.7 billion
    • Net income includes approximately $7.1 billion of favorable impact from tax reform 
    • Eighth consecutive quarter of operating income
    • Highest fiscal third quarter adjusted EBITDA* in 11 years
  • Net cash provided by operating activities of $1.2 billion and adjusted free cash flow* of $397 million
    • Adjusted free cash flow* improved by more than $1 billion year-over-year
    • Raising fiscal year 2017 adjusted free cash flow* guidance from around break-even to a range of $500 million to $700 million
  • Sprint Next-Gen Network to drive further network improvements and provide path to 5G

The company also reported the following financial results:

(Millions, except per share data)

Fiscal 3Q17

Fiscal 3Q16

Change

Net income (loss)

$7,162

($479)

$7,641

Basic income (loss) per share

$1.79

($0.12)

$1.91

Operating income

$727

$311

$416

Adjusted EBITDA*

$2,719

$2,450

$269

Net cash provided by operating activities

$1,166

$650

$516

Adjusted free cash flow*

$397

($646)

$1,043

• Like 4

Network Highlights:

• An increase of the total number of macro sites by nearly 20%.
  • Triband service on nearly every macro on their network with the majority of tower upgrades expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
  • 40,000 small cells to be deployed.
    • 15,000 are strand mounts
      • Strand mounts are already beginning to be deployed in Altice's Long Island footprint.
  • Rollout of interband carrier aggregation.
  • Rollout of Massive MIMO
    • Worth it because nearly all of their customers will be able to take advantage of massive MIMO antennas.
    • They are software upgradeable to 5G-NR so they can run 5G and LTE simultaneously.
    • They believe that Sprint is the best positioned to be the first carrier with a nationwide 5G platform despite claims by Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
    • The expect to provide commercial 5G devices, mobile and otherwise, in the first half of 2019.
  • Like 5

The My Sprint Mobile App is finally getting the love and attention it deserves! Marcelo mentioned it on the Call and it’s in the presentation.

4.4 Stars on the iOS App Store. Good stuff!

The App fits with Sprint’s priorities of taking cost out of the business and improving efficiency.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RedSpark said:

The My Sprint Mobile App is finally getting the love and attention it deserves! Marcelo mentioned it on the Call and it’s in the presentation.

4.4 Stars on the iOS App Store. Good stuff!

The App fits with Sprint’s priorities of taking cost out of the business and improving efficiency.

The Sprint app already supports FaceID. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigsnake49 said:

Solid results for Sprint! I was wondering how they would get affected by the tax cuts. Hopefully the savings from it will help accelerate the  network improvements.

Hopefully so!

”Net income of $7.2 billion included $7.1 billion of non-cash benefit from tax reform, resulting from a re-measurement of our deferred tax assets and liabilities under provisions contained in the new tax law.”

That’s a crazy figure!

Sprint should also be able to benefit in terms of Capex. Under the new tax law, until January 1, 2023, Sprint will be able to expense 100% of the cost of non-real estate property as first-year additional depreciation (bonus depreciation). (There is the possibility that 100% expensing may be available for property placed into service after September 27, 2017). Starting in 2023, the allowance of 100% is phased out by 20% each year.

This wasn’t discussed on the call, but I’m sure it’s being accounted for by Marcelo and Team. Should help accelerate the buildout!

1 minute ago, utiz4321 said:

I thought the tax cuts were going to be apocalyptic, that's what I heard anyway. I couldn't resist, pardon the pun. 

They will be to the deficit but then we totally stopped caring about that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paynefanbro said:

Network Highlights:

• An increase of the total number of macro sites by nearly 20%.
  • Triband service on nearly every macro on their network with the majority of tower upgrades expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
  • 40,000 small cells to be deployed.
    • 15,000 are strand mounts
      • Strand mounts are already beginning to be deployed in Altice's Long Island footprint.
  • Rollout of interband carrier aggregation.
  • Rollout of Massive MIMO
    • Worth it because nearly all of their customers will be able to take advantage of massive MIMO antennas.
    • They are software upgradeable to 5G-NR so they can run 5G and LTE simultaneously.
    • They believe that Sprint is the best positioned to be the first carrier with a nationwide 5G platform despite claims by Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.
    • The expect to provide commercial 5G devices, mobile and otherwise, in the first half of 2019.

Is interband CA, CA between TD&FDD

Is interband CA, CA between TD&FDD

Yes the S9 supports it. 25+41+41

26+41+41. Doesn't do 25+26+41 tho. It makes since tho as B41 will be download under this. 25+25+26 also

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2